5.0 out of 5 stars 16+ year Cpap user......wow!!
I recently purchased this SoClean Cpap Machine Sanitizer. I must say I am completely satisfied with this system. My mask, hose and humidifier have never been cleaner. It smells so fresh every night when I go to bed, such a relief.
Published 23 months ago by Sterny

3.0 out of 5 stars I wish I had known
I purchased this machine for my husband who has sleep apnea and uses a CPAP machine every night. Unfortunately, after it arrived, he discovered through a telephone conversation with customer serivce, that his type of CPAP machine does not work with this SoClean machine. An adapter was sent to him with the hope that it would work, but unfortunately it did not. I wish...
Published 20 months ago by hopeful

5.0 out of 5 stars 16+ year Cpap user......wow!!, August 18, 2012
This review is from: SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizing Machine
I am a long time CPap user now for over 16 years. I have seen CPap machines evolve over the years and I have worn out many machines until I recently got this nice Cpap I have now, complete with humidifier.

I have had to fight bouts bronchitis for years and I have always suspected my CPap contributed to this. Recently I had pneumonia so bad I ended up in the hospital. I spent a miserable 4 days in the hospital and it scared the heck out of me. I was in a bad way.

When I got home from the hospital I started looking over the internet and found this cleaning machine here on Amazon.

I must say this is the best $200 I have ever spent.
I'm hopeful my days of pneumonia and bronchitis are over forever!

Even if you enjoy cleaning your cpap, hose and mask daily, which I highly doubt, I'm sure it will never get as clean as this machine will get it. If you're a man like myself, cleaning your CPap every day is probably not at the top of your "to do" list daily.

If you are a CPap user this unit is a MUST purchase!!

Thank you Better Rest Solutions and Amazon!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, November 25, 2012
This review is from: SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizing Machine
To be perfectly candid, I had doubts when I bought this device and decided to just take a chance and try it. It sounded too good to be true that the cleaning of my equipment could be so easy and automatic. I've now been using this machine for 2 months and fully recommend it.
Pros:
1. It does exactly what it says it does and it works effectively.
2. Easy to set up. Instructions and videos explain how to do everything.
3. Timer and clock arrived pre-programmed for my time zone. I simply plugged it in. (thank you to whomever does the pre-programming)
4. Before using this machine, I had a nagging cough and often got bronchitis. All of that cleared up after I started using the SoClean. Cause or coincidence, I'm not sure but I believe it has at least helped.
5. The device is made of high quality materials and the design is well thought out.
6. The company, Better Rest Solutions, is excellent to work with. No joke- this is probably the best customer service I've experienced in years. I had questions before ordering, they answered and followed up. They communicate with purpose and kept track of the concerns I had before ordering and then checked in on me afterwards to make sure everything was resolved. I *really* like this company.
Cons:
1. Minor: The machine is a little heavier than it looks. It is the size of a big shoe box or a tool box, but there is no handle or way to grip it easily when moving it to clean and dust around it.
2. Some people may not like the "clean" scent it leaves. To me, the scent lets me know my mask is clean and I usually take the mask out of the box a few hours before going to bed to let it dissipate somewhat.

Overall, the SoClean by Better Rest Solutions has far exceeded all of my expectations. I did considerable research before buying and hesitated initially because of some negative comments I saw doubting the effectiveness of ozone. Then I realized the people saying that had not tried the machine and were comparing it to room air purifiers. This device is not claiming to clean a room or your house- just your CPAP equipment, and that it does very nicely.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT MACHINE & COMPANY, April 30, 2012
This review is from: SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizing Machine
I love this machine!! It is such a comfort to know that your mask, tubing, and resivoir have been sanititzed prior to each use. I have had the machine for about a month. My sinues have never been clearer!! I feel like I am breathing better too. The machine is very easy to set up and use. The piece of mind it gives you is great!! It is worth every penny!!

I did have a problem with the first unit. I had also thrown away the original packaging from the first unit. SoClean sent me another unit with a return label to send back the first unit. They sent me a new unit before I had sent back the old one!! WOW!! That is what I call customer service!!

Again, I love the machine & the company. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 week CPAP user and bought this right after one hand-washing!, December 12, 2012
This review is from: SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizing Machine
I washed my CPAP mask and hose one time and said forget this! It did't completely dry and felt yucky after using it that night. I ordered the SOClean sanitizer after I started feeling congested and an oncoming earache. I don't have those sickly symptoms or the paranoia of getting sick anymore. I love love this machine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pros and Cons, May 26, 2013
This review is from: SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizing Machine
I bought this because cleaning my CPAP is a real pain in the ass and since I'll probably have the CPAP the rest of my life I don't minding spending a little more on something to keep it clean.

After one month:

PROs:
The timer comes "preset" to automatically clean at 10:30 am which works for me so I didn't mess with it. all-in-all it's pretty straight forward.

It's quiet, it only runs for 7 minutes and recommends you leave at least two hours before using again.

Its easy to use every day. The mask-end goes into the box and there is a little adapter that inserts between the reservoir and the base if the hose. This creates a sort of air tight seal so the O3 can circulate through the entire machine.

It's a small box and fits about anywhere.

CONs:
The latch that closes the machine gives me a little pause, its made of plastic that bends and I'm concerned that because it doesn't have a hinge it will wear out quickly.

The company needs to clarify the instructions. The machine uses O3 to clean which im not familiar with so not knowing what else would need to be purchased I couldn't easily determine whether I needed to purchase cleaning supplies for the SoClean machine. I also couldn't immediately assess whether I had to have water in the reservoir when it was being cleaned. This may seem stupid on my part, but not knowing about O3 (and I assume many people don't) they need to go the extra mile and make the instructions more dummy proof. Needless to say, no cleaning supplies are needed and no water is required in the reservoir.

Overall: its still a bit early, but at this point I think this was a great investment and recommend it for purchase. People are understandably skeptical, i know i was. The first thing I thought of we're those Sharper Image ozone air purifiers I regret wasting my money on a few years ago. I think the company would open a flood gate of purchases if they'd record a few YouTube segments and more thoroughly explain this product and put the video link into the product description.

EDIT: 5 months later and I still haven't had to wash my cpap. Thing works great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cleaning; turned part of my mask yellow, April 16, 2013
This review is from: SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizing Machine
This sanitizer does its job very well and it has helped me with my respiratory issues. It leaves an ozone scent in the mask that I don't mind.

As others have mentioned, the machine is big (think about the size of 2 standard shoe boxes stacked on top of each other) and solidly made. The lid is weighted heavily (probably to seal in the ozone), so if I forget, it will shut on me.

Others mentioned leaving the machine set up with the CPAP machine, but that seems awkward with my ResMed S8 unit as the humidifier reservoir and the connection to the CPAP hose are not the same piece, so I take it out every day.

Also, daily use over a couple of weeks has turned part of my mask a transparent yellow from the ozone.

I may trim the tube that goes into the reservoir because it's tricky to feed it down through the machine into the reservoir (the tube is too long).

These are but trifles compared to knowing that nothing is growing in my tubing and reservoir though.

Truly a great clean and a LOT easier to keep my CPAP machine clean using this than washing it by hand!

I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes it is SO Clean for a reason!, February 27, 2013
This review is from: SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizing Machine
This is one awesome cpap cleaning machine. I have the S9 version and it was tricky to figure out the setup. Once you trim the small hose going into the humidifier because it won't all fit, get the hose sleeve on, and figure out how to put the S9 adapter on it gets easier. I suggest letting your cpap run a bit after cleaning. I woke up this morning feeling more rested than I have in sometime on a short 3 hours on the machine and everything felt and smelled brand new when I woke up this morning! Just a great product. The More I use this product the better I feel about it. It beats dragging a pail around, a cpap tube cleaning brush, 2 gallons of water and a half a gallon of Vinegar. I could sell this machine door to door with a list of cpap users and ONE free cleaning!

5.0 out of 5 stars SoClean CPAP Machine Sanitizer, December 25, 2012
This review is from: SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizing Machine
I wish I had the SoClean Sanitizer years ago. It is nice to not have to wash the mask every morning and to know that the tubing mask and headgear are not harboring germs. It is so easy to use and there customer service is second to none. I called them several times before I purchased, and they were more than happy to help me each time. If you are using a machine with a heated tube check with customer service. There is an adaptor now available for the ResMed machine and there is one in development for the Respironics machine. I have the Respironics machine with the heated tube and am now just using a regular tube until the adaptor is available. I would rather use the machine than have a heated tube.
There are several videos available on line to help you set up your machine if you need them. One thing I noticed though is that the timer can be set for individual days, which was not covered in the videos. This is great if you have a non regular schedule.
The machine may seem expensive but it is well worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to do the job, December 21, 2012
Robert W. Jamison (Chantilly, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizing Machine
This sanitizer could use a couple of small improvements, but it is otherwise a sufficient way to sanitize my medium mask. Instructions don't explicitly state a couple of things:
1) take off the head straps before you put the mask in the chamber
2) 3 capfuls of the neutralizing solution is roughly 1/4 of the jar called for in the instructions
3) the timer unit has a separate power supply (probably a Li cell battery) so remember to plug the main unit in to the wall after your done setting it up, as it is easy to forget and wonder why nothing happened during the scheduled cleaning cycle
4) the acrylic sleeve rids a little lower on the tube in order to close the chamber lid than the picture eludes to

4.0 out of 5 stars Once Set Up, Seems to Work Well, September 27, 2012
zorba (Bala Cynwyd, Pa USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizing Machine
Generally speaking, the machine was fairly easy to set up, but I was baffled by my inability to figure out how to insert the little hose into the humidity reservoir. As it turned out, when they assembled the machine at the factory, they put the little hose on wrong. Once I got that figured out, I got it working. I also sent an email to Customer Service re another question I had, and, happy to report, the response was quick and clear. The machine seems to work well. All you have to do is plunk the mask into the box and it automatically turns on and off at a pre-set time (or you can do it manually). It cleans the mask and the breathing hose and the reservoir. The machine is housed in a black box which is slippery and has nothing to grab onto, so you have to use both hands to schlep it around. However, it has a tendency to want to slip from your hands. I think they could have added a few places to grip, given the slippery smoothness of the box. Also, it takes up a lot of room on my bedside table. But, it seems to clean my device as advertised and it is much much easier than doing the daily washing, etc., that the CPAP machine and hoses require. Unless there are some surprises in store -- and I have no reason to believe that's the case -- this is a most worthy machine. Money well spent.

SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizing Machine