1,008 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome
I love the format of the news feeds! it is so easy to read that I find myself checking the news every time I open up my Kindle Fire.
Published on April 14, 2012 by Hoang-Diep Tran Vinh

3.0 out of 5 stars i prefer world newspapers but newshog's not bad
I'm a news reader big time. If the app is junk I delete it. I'm still with this 1. There's a lot to read out there!
Published on July 19, 2012 by Jason C.Sharpe

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, April 14, 2012
This review is from: NewsHog: News & Weather (App)

5.0 out of 5 stars One shop to load-up all the news! text to speech resolved, March 2, 2012
This review is from: NewsHog: News & Weather (App)
It is an awesome app for News. A very simple interface to go through the news in a super fast way. I really like the text-to-speech feature, it helps me listen to the news when I am not able to read news. to control the app features by shaking the phone makes it easier to handle. I can read the news in a amazingly fast speed. 5 star worth app.
Update: recently baught galaxy note.text to speech was not shutting down and had to turn off the phone. But the latest update has fixed the problem beautifully. Now it works smoothly on my galaxy note as well. Thank you newshog for making this update. This app looks awesome on galaxy note. I am sticking with my 5 star rating, it's worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good News : ), May 21, 2012
This review is from: NewsHog: News & Weather (App)
This is a wonderful news app for Kindle Fire. I love that I can get a quick look at the headlines then read the articles that catch my interest. I really enjoy the news reader feature when my "older " eyes get weary. Thank you Newshog for a great app : )

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe the Best!, April 4, 2012
This review is from: NewsHog: News & Weather (App)
I have tried several news readers over the years. This one may be the best. Or maybe it just matches the way my mind works. At any rate I think you will like it.

3.0 out of 5 stars i prefer world newspapers but newshog's not bad, July 19, 2012
This review is from: NewsHog: News & Weather (App)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good app BUT drains battery on Kindle tablet!, March 31, 2012
iDRMRSR "Buzz" (Cleveland, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NewsHog: News & Weather (App)
I enjoyed this app quite a bit and used it for a couple of weeks, but since the 6.3 update came out for the KF, I've found this thing looping in the background, soaking up battery and wifi time. I downloaded a sysinfo app and was able to identify the Newshog app as the one that was draining the battery in a few hours while it was idle.

I'll be watching it closely. I did force close and restart it and it seems to be behaving now.

4.0 out of 5 stars I didn't like at first, January 5, 2013
This review is from: NewsHog: News & Weather (App)
At first I wasn't impressed with the looks of this app and deleted it. But I decided to give it a second chance when I read it had text to speech and also personalized topics. Interesting!
So another install and some tinkering around and I have to say that this is a pretty nifty tool. Sure I think some other apps look better but this one has some really cool features. If, like me, you aren't drawn to this app at first, give it a chance. I think you will change your mind about it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Had to uninstall to keep it from reading out loud, October 31, 2012
This review is from: NewsHog: News & Weather (App)
I had to uninstall because at 5:27pm every day it would start reading out loud on my Kindle Fire. There was nothing in the set up menu to enable or disable reading out loud.
I like the basic set up but hate the automatic reading. I want to read quietly to myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy app, June 7, 2012
Susan Dorsey (Lenoir City, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NewsHog: News & Weather (App)
Good source of major news items when you need it. Good variety of stories from a lot of different sites.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good app but needs refinement, December 29, 2012
This review is from: NewsHog: News & Weather (App)
A good general purpose news app but it needs refinement. To many news items are repeated and the selection of articles is limited. There should also be sub- categories for each heading, such as US NEWS, International NEWS, etc.

NewsHog: News & Weather
NewsHog: News & Weather by SoLoMob Inc.
$0.00