5.0 out of 5 stars Would purchase from same bookstore again.
The book arrived in just over a week in excellant shape. It had been highly recommended to me by my best friend, and now we are sharing our favorites from the book. I highly recomment it to others that are trying to lose weight, lower glucose or cholestrol, or just start a healthier life style.
Published 21 months ago by Karla Nuss

3.0 out of 5 stars Bait and Switch
Published 16 months ago by Dana A.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bait and Switch, September 8, 2013
This review is from: Soak Your Nuts: Karyn's Conscious Comfort Foods (Paperback)
For the most part the recipes don't turn out like the dishes at Karyn's restaurant if you only follow what's in the cookbook. Mainly because she doesn't include seasonings in the recipes. The only recipe that turned out the same without me tweaking it is the Brussels sprouts with mustard vinaigrette (delicious by the way). The recipes are a good starting point though. I also love the butternut squash soup! I wouldn't recommend this cookbook for people who don't know how to season their food on their own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would purchase from same bookstore again., April 19, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Prepare something delicious with Karyn-cooked and raw recipes!, May 7, 2014
The fact that this book has both raw and cooked recipes provides flexibility for those who are transitioning themselves or their families to healthier plant-based options. I've never visited Karyn's restaurants in Chicago but the recipes in this book make we want to. The 2 recipes I made so far were really tasty and easy to follow. The book contains a lot of good information and insight, too. My favorite: “When introducing someone to healing foods, always prepare something delicious." and another tip: "Chocolate only becomes non-vegan when dairy products are added!" 4 stars for few photos and processed ingredients, albeit not everyone has time to make their own veganaise, etc. Everyone can see how well a raw whole food plant-based diet has worked for Karyn judging from her vibrant appearance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthier Eating, May 4, 2013
I purchased a copy so I would not mark up a friend's book I was perusing. I like that Karyn give options for those of us who are starting and want to change to healthier eating, however, find it difficult to go it 100% right away. I was surprised to find I had many of the herbs and groceries she uses in her recipes as I have started to change my eating habits. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for me. I love it!, August 26, 2013
The recipes are easy to follow and are delicious!! The recipes don't overwhelm you with a laundry list of ingredients either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Karyn does it right!, July 10, 2013
I love her and she totally inspires me to be my best and do my best. She is so beautiful for 60+ yrs and counting. I watch her videos as well on youtube and so I had to invest in her book and recipes. I found them to be easy to make and she makes it easy to want to make them. Great book for good recipes and inspiration that we all can be in great health like Karyn!

5.0 out of 5 stars Karyn is amazing, April 4, 2013
I have enjoyed both of Karyn's books. Not only is she a inspiration but her recipes raw and cooked taste great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 15, 2014
MKR (Evans, GA USA) - See all my reviews
The recipes in this book are wonderful. I really like that it has raw and vegetarian recipes separated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious Vegan Dishes, July 14, 2014
Both cooked and raw Vegan dishes turned out great. 2 of my favorite recipes are; the Green Meal Shake and the Almond Pâté.

4.0 out of 5 stars simple yet helpful recipes, March 17, 2013
Recipes are way to make and taste great! Most ingredients are in a vegan's pantry and the rest are easy to obtain.

Soak Your Nuts: Karyn's Conscious Comfort Foods
Soak Your Nuts: Karyn's Conscious Comfort Foods by Karyn Calabrese (Paperback - January 30, 2013)
$19.95 $14.96