5.0 out of 5 stars Every coach needs this book!
Published 16 months ago by Lisa Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars A few decent nuggets
Clearly he knows his stuff. Long term coaching experience. I was looking more for tactics. This has good tips and I can see how some would immediately bring value to the player or team.
Published 2 months ago by Pete Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Every coach needs this book!, May 4, 2013
This review is from: Soccer IQ: Things That Smart Players Do, Vol. 1 (Paperback)
I've been coaching for many years both Boys and Girls teams. As a coach I always feel that there is something else I should have pointed out to my players, but lacked the insight and or words to convey it to my players. I feel that Dan has touched on many of the "Soccer Problems" that occur in a game but are never addressed by the coach. In each chapter you will find a common soccer problem addressed and dealt with with insight and humor! Like the other reviews I too plan on getting this book for each of my assistant coaches and players. Thanks for taking the time to write this book Dan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Intelligent Soccer!, February 10, 2014
Isn't it funny that this book was written for the players and here all the reviews are by us coaches? I think we are attracted to this book because it gives us a chance to see the game from a new perspective. By learning the psychology of the game from the player's point of view, we can learn a lot! While I was reading this book, I found that Dan Blank was spot-on with his catalog of soccer's most common mistakes and how we can solve them.

This is a really great read for you annd your players! I haven't come across a book this insightful since Anson Dorrance's Training Soccer Champions.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 12 Year Old Son Gives two thumbs UP!, April 28, 2014
Written with a lot of stories and examples with humor blended in. An easy read for our son. He updates me after each chapter and enjoys telling me stories from the book. The book does a good job of "putting first things first". It focuses on limited topics that the author has identified as being key building blocks to great soccer play.

5.0 out of 5 stars It can be enlightening., November 17, 2013
The best players in the world have developed their understanding of the game through countless hours of play and just like a child learns to walk through trial and error, the best lessons are usually learned in a free environment without an authoritarian figure telling one what to do and where to go on the field. Sometimes we tend to forget that a big part of being a successful athlete is the ability to think for yourself, the ability to solve problems on your own. This is what separates players like Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi from many "gifted robots" that populate soccer scene nowadays. There is no substitute for learning how to play through playing, but I believe that "Soccer IQ" with its simple approach can be enlightening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for players and coaches, July 22, 2013
A really great read. Each concept is broken down in a very short and understandable way for players and coaches. I coach girls and it's nice to have a book written from that perspective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book for players i have ever read, December 31, 2013
Coach Blank takes all the things we coaches know about the little parts of the game that add up to the difference between winning and losing and puts them in an easy to read format. This should be a MUST read for all developing early teenage players. It's not everything, but any player who takes on even 25% of these simple concepts to the best of her ability would become a very dangerous player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for players and coaches, June 1, 2014
S. Connelly (Pittsburgh, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soccer iQ (Kindle Edition)
This book provides fantastic tips that can be applied by any player or coach. It addresses the game beyond technical skill and focuses on things every player should learn to advance their game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Packed with simple but useful "nuggets of soccer wisdom" this book can serve as ..., July 8, 2014
This review is from: Soccer iQ (Kindle Edition)
A quick read for coaches and players alike. Packed with simple but useful "nuggets of soccer wisdom" this book can serve as a great platform for team training and individual player development. My entire Varsity team will be reading this before the season begins!

5.0 out of 5 stars but also some HS and college) and thoroughly enjoyed Soccer IQ, June 30, 2014
I have been coaching soccer for a very long time (mostly at the youth level, but also some HS and college) and thoroughly enjoyed Soccer IQ. The thoughts are concise and simple to follow - as soon as I finished it, my 12 year old daughter started reading it. I am ordering copies for my current team as well as a few extras for some fellow coaches and former players of mine. Great job with the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars liked it, June 14, 2014
This review is from: Soccer iQ (Kindle Edition)
I liked the book and how it is written to the player and not the parent or coach, but anyone can read this book with ease. I have the second volume already and look forward to reading it soon.

Soccer IQ: Things That Smart Players Do, Vol. 1
Soccer IQ: Things That Smart Players Do, Vol. 1 by Dan Blank (Paperback - June 5, 2012)
$9.95 $8.96