Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on June 21, 2011
Congratulations to Miriam Salpeter for putting together these wonderful resources! I keep it on my desk as a reference guide! Salpeter has compiled the most current information on LinkedIn, blogging, Twitter, Facebook, social bookmarks and more! She makes it easy to understand how to get started and how to use these tools for job seekers, career activists, and businesses too!

What adds to the value of the book are the expert contributors! These first-hand users share their advice and recommendations on how to get the most out of each of the social networking platforms.

If you read one book this year to develop yourself and learn how to manage your career, this would be the one I would recommend!
on May 22, 2011
This a great book to gain an understanding of the playing field in today's marketplace. With real life examples, Miriam Salpeter touches professionals at all levels in social networking. Whether you are early in your career or a seasoned veteran I recommend this as a must read to bring your digital footprint to the next level.
on October 19, 2011
I'm usually very skeptical of resources like this. However, when someone ask me for a recommendation for understanding personal marketing online, this is what I point to. I'm a marketing expert, and I found insights in Social Marketing for Career Success that made me jealous of Miriam's ability to simplify the maddening.

There is no other book on this subject of greater value, hands down.
on October 29, 2011
When I read this book, I intended to help my husband update his LinkedIn profile for his job search, but I found that the book offered many suggestions that I could use to promote my freelance work.

This book covers all the concepts, sites and tools associated with social media. From Facebook to Twitter and LinkedIn, the book shows how -- and why -- to use the most popular social media sites for career advancement. But it goes much further than the top three sites. The book points readers to social media networks that are helpful to specific industries, and it covers the forms of social media that require more investment, including a personal branding site, blog or even a YouTube channel.

You needn't be a computer geek to get a lot out of "Social Networking for Career Success." The book lists many tools that are easy (and many are free) for job seekers and business owners to use. Whether you are looking for a lists of "What to Do" and "What Not to Do," recommended resources, or success stories that make great examples, you'll find this book helpful during a job search or for career advancement/business promotion.
Miriam Salpeter is effervescent; she is action behind her words. Her reputation as a global careerist with profound, yet easy-to-relate-to social networking advice entices job seekers, careerists and entrepreneurs to her virtual doors to learn the social media dance. Her new book, Social Networking for Career Success exudes her charm and energy while piling up stacks of virtual career networking resources in a compact, easily digestible format.

Jacqui Barrett-Poindexter, Master Resume Writer
Chief Career Writer and Partner of CareerTrend.net
Cofounder of the Career Collective
on December 27, 2012
Learn How to Use Social Networking to Your Advantage

When it comes to the complex world of Social Networking, I always recommend this book "Social Networking for Career Success" by Miriam Salpeter and Social Networking: Be Social Even Virtually (Business Collection) by Stephen Williams. The social networking industry has been booming for the past decade or so. I remember I started using networking via Myspace a few years ago when it was still popular. Back then it was a great way to stay in touch with your friend's and families. But now many businesses are using it to get their products or business well known to the public. After Myspace, there are even bigger and popular social networking sites like YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.

The reason why I recommend these two books is because they are loaded with information from different point of views. It's always best to learn from many different people because everyone has a variety of ways of doing things. Social networking is very complex and will look extremely confusing at first. Stephen Williams and Miriam Salpeter will make your life much easier.

Both books cover several different social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter to name a few. All the information is presented in an organized and detailed manner. You definitely don't need to know a lot about social media to truly understand this book. I love the encouraging and engaging tone that is very comforting to continue reading.

So if you are currently running an online business or if you are planning to do so in the future then you must consider using social networking to your advantage. There are millions of people using social media every single day and it will be great to present the wonders of your business or product through the various social networking platforms especially YouTube and Twitter. These books will certainly get you going in the right direction. With the advice of these books, hard effort, and patience, you will soon realize the popularity of your business skyrocketing to new heights!
on September 20, 2011
Miriam Salpeter has written a wonderfully clear, concise tome on getting ahead in the job search market using the Internet and social networking. I've known her as an online career coach for some time now, and I'm thrilled to see that she's put down her no-nonsense, easy-to-grasp philosophy into a simple paperback guide.

Unlike other coaches who write books, Salpeter's tone in instructive and friendly and never patronizing. It covers the basic tools of social networking, Twitter and Facebook, and explains how each one works, and how to leverage each for maximum results. Many social media guides are out there telling you to "just jump in and try it" but Salpeter's expertise lets you understand the functioning principles behind the tools and use each one to further your purpose, along with highlighting the pros and cons of each one.

The books expands on lesser known social networks that help you provide more content online to boost your visibility. Each section is clearly laid out and you can navigate the chapters easily, building on the lessons already covered.

If you are job searching, you need to be online. And if you're going to get online for your job search, you need to read this book.

UPDATE 6/10/2013:

In the past few years I've been part of a mentoring program, and I recommend this book to all the people I work with. So many of them have thanked me for sharing my copy, and most of them have gone out and bought their own copies. While some of the details of site functions have changed (since sites like Facebook and LinkedIn are forever changing), the concepts of how to present yourself are still rock solid. There are plenty of takeaways here in terms of presenting yourself offline as well as online.
on January 14, 2013
Miriam Salpeter's book, "Social Networking for Career Success," is a great book for those interested in using social media for job searching, personal branding, and professional development. In this book, Ms. Salpeter covers the big three social networks: LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. She explains how to set up profiles and how to utilize the various features of these three social networks. She also discusses how to effectively use social media for job hunting and professional development. The book includes chapters on blogs for those interested in blogging. A glossary of terms, handy for those new to social media, is located toward the end of the book. There is also an extensive list of resources - books, websites, job boards - that makes this book a must-have resource for readers interested in social media for career and professional development. The book is geared for both beginners and those with some experience with LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Ms. Salpeter's writing in the book is very friendly and encouraging, and she provides handy tips and great ideas on how to effectively use social media for job searching and personal branding. I would highly recommend this book as a go-to social media resource.
on December 19, 2012
When I was writing Hired!, my new book on reemployment, I compiled resources in many different areas. In the social networking/job search area Miriam Salpeter's book rose to the top of my stack. I included it in my book because her approach is holistic. Her thesis goes beyond using the "Big 3" social networks to find a job. She positions social networking as a way of life, and as a way to enhance your current job situation as well as build a platform for future opportunities. Her command of some technical details impressed me, and I am a professional programmer. But I was more impressed that Salpeter conveyed these potentially complex topics in a very accessible manner. A further kudo is on the book's structure: while many authors write only their own ideas and experiences, Salpeter chose to include hundreds (I stopped counting after page 74) of anecdotes from other writers and authors. I felt like I was at a conference listening to experts talk to me about their passion. And this is a passionate book. You cannot read a chapter without feeling Salpeter's complete engagement with her digital world. I learned a lot that I did not know about how to leverage the Big 3. I am sure you will, too. Great book. Buy a copy.
on September 5, 2011
I originally purchased this book to learn more about Twitter, because I thought that I was already using Facebook and LinkedIn to establish myself as an expert in my field. Once I started reading, however, I discovered the many ways in which I could benefit more from these social networking tools. After I read the chapters about LinkedIn and updated my profile, I was recommended by numerous colleagues and contacted by potential employers--even though I wasn't actively searching for a job. And I now use Twitter to communicate with other professionals in my field on three continents!

I have improved my connectivity with colleagues and potential employers by following the author's advice about establishing online relationships with people who share my interests. The book contains many practical suggestions, as well as clear instructions about how to use social media for the newly initiated. There is also a terrific list of resources for job seekers. You will want to read this book while sitting at your computer, so that you can immediately implement the author's suggestions for using social media.