5.0 out of 5 stars Great book rental
Book received in great condition. Looks brand new. The rental rate and free return shipping after the semester is over is so affordable and so much cheaper than what my college was offering. So glad I decided to look up the book on Amazon. I will be renting my of my books from them.
Published 10 months ago by Kimpossible W

Published 23 months ago by Carol A. Bailey

1.0 out of 5 stars Professor suggesting that other professors not assign this book, November 11, 2012
Carol A. Bailey (Pearisburg, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sociology in Our Times: The Essentials (Paperback)
I am a college professor. I made a major mistake assigning this book because it has a considerable number of errors. It is amazing to me that the book is in its 9th edition and has so many problems. Lesson learned: read more carefully before assigning a text. Warning: don't trust the testbank. For example, the testbank for the 8th edition has questions based on the 7th edition, and the two chapters are not always the same. Check out chapter 14 for many examples.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book rental, December 24, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes sense, December 12, 2011
This review is from: Sociology in Our Times: The Essentials (Paperback)
Book is a good intro to sociology. Although, I can see how some people might disagree with some of the information here. I am critical and doubtful when it comes to viewpoints or information in books because I always question the sources. But I didn't find anything disagreeable in here and anyone who has observed the contemporary world would agree with the current information printed in this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, June 29, 2014
This review is from: Sociology in Our Times: The Essentials (Paperback)
This book is a great alternative for your sociology class. It has all the information required although it may be in different pages or chapters. It is a much much cheaper alternative since most college textbooks are overpriced. This textbook is cheap, in good condition and will give you the information you need to pass your class.

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, May 4, 2014
This review is from: Sociology in Our Times: The Essentials (Paperback)
This was an interesting book with clear examples, but the professor complained about it a lot. I was surprised, since this was the one she picked out, but she used a lot of external materials and said she wouldn't use it again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, February 24, 2014
This review is from: Sociology in Our Times: The Essentials (Paperback)
Arrival date had a big interval plus I didn't get my book which I need for school. Thanks for making my life a little more difficult.

5.0 out of 5 stars Came earlier than expected but overall great, February 5, 2014
This review is from: Sociology in Our Times: The Essentials (Paperback)
I'm not used to buying books online but I am glad I made this purchase. Buying books online is cheaper.

4.0 out of 5 stars Needed this book for my SOCI class, it did the trick.. lol, November 5, 2013
Needed this book for my SOCI class, it did the trick.. lol
Needed this book for my SOCI class, it did the trick.. lol

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, October 2, 2013
This review is from: Sociology in Our Times: The Essentials (Paperback)
Very useful textbook. For the beginner of sociology class student. If you can buy it, buy it! Enjoy the sociology!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, August 27, 2013
This review is from: Sociology in Our Times: The Essentials (Paperback)
Saved myself so much money, and it did have a lot of dents on the side but glad I saved money! couldn't be happier. Thanks!

Sociology in Our Times: The Essentials
Sociology in Our Times: The Essentials by Diana Kendall (Paperback - January 1, 2011)
$200.95 $164.07