Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Size: Small/Medium|Color: Natural|Change

on April 27, 2014
I've been looking for a comfortable pair of compression socks for a few years for travel on airplanes. Even a short flight causes my feet to swell something fierce. However, I have not been able to find a comfortable pair until now. And they look good too! The description for these isn't really good so I'm listing what is on the wrapper of mine. I have a 7M/7.5M foot with 14.5" calf and I bought the Small/Medium. The wrapper states that the Small/Medium fits Women's shoe size 4 to 7.5. I had thought about getting the next size up since I'm on the edge of the size range but I am glad I went with the Small/Medium as I think the foot would have been way too big in the next size. The website just says 'synthetic' for the material which really isn't true. It is 32% merino wool, 31% rayon from bamboo, 32% stretch nylon and 5% spandex so the majority of the sock is all natural. The foot is slightly padded so your shoes may fit a little snugger unless you have something like Dansko. And....the socks are made in the USA. I couldn't be more thrilled. And while the socks may seem to be a little expensive they are are a high quality sock and worth the few extra dollars. I've lost count of how many 'cheap' socks I've thrown out.
22 comments| 239 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2012
I am a nurse and I wear compression stockings at work. These are great for work or my day off. They are wool, natural, colorful and have a light level of compression to keep my legs and feet from hurting. They are not difficult to put on like stockings with med-high levels of compression. I also had a foot injury a few months ago, so they do not keep all of the swelling out, but they keep it from getting out of hand. I personally like them and the bright colors. They don't fall down or roll down either and they fit close to my skin. I have wide feet and calfs and they fit well. I liked them so much, I bought 2 other colors.
11 comment| 315 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2012
The reason I was attracted to these socks was because of their description. Energizing was the key word. I read about them in some magazine. They provide just enough compression to be very comfortable. Sturdy, tightly stitched and not hot. My feet get hot, so does the rest of me. My calves are not big, so I wouldn't know how they would feel to a person with big calves. I tend to wear out my socks at the big toe. These are well enforced at the toe. Walking is no problem with them. They do help me. I'm going to get another pair later.
0Comment| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
When my sister (a nurse) heard that I needed to wear compression socks as part of my ankle injury recovery, she recommended these particular socks as she says they're the best. They're what she wears for her shifts. She was right. These are great compression socks, and they look cute.

They are tight as you would expect with compression socks, and they do shrink a little when you wash them for the first time. I wear a size 6.5 women's shoe, and the socks fit perfectly. They help with the swelling that comes with the ankle injury and doing rehab. These knee-high socks are great for a high ankle sprain as they provide compression/support for the entire injury. They're a little on the warm side for the summer months, but I'm still wearing them as they work.
on February 16, 2013
With a ten hour flight looming, I knew I should probably purchase a pair of compression socks to keep my feet from swelling painfully. However, I also knew I didn't need some of the ultra-super-strong compression socks for more severe medical conditions. I searched and searched for a pair that were enough, but not too much. These were perfect.
0Comment| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2013
I'm on my feet with long shifts. Other compression socks were way too tight and tended to dig in after a few hours. These socks weren't too tight and my legs felt great after my shift. I've bought more and wear them every day of work. Excellent socks!!
on March 13, 2014
I am 7 months pregnant and have been wearing compression socks for the past couple of months. I'm a RN on a busy Post-Op floor and after 12+ hours I need the compression to keep my ankles from being so swollen. I read the reviews on these and thought they would be perfect for my needs. However I could not find a size chart, so I guessed that with my large calves/legs I should order the Med/Large (wear 7.5-8 shoe). The problem with these is that they are too long. I am 5'4" and the top of these socks come right to the bend in the my knee which makes these VERY uncomfortable. Plus they are not tight enough and constantly slide down causing them to become a tourniquet around my ankles. Overall I was disappointed. I did end up ordering the smaller size but found the length to still be too long and the only way I could wear them was to roll down the top a little, which in turn meant these too slide down resulting in the same tourniquet effect of the larger socks.
11 comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2016
I got these due to swelling from pregnancy. Prior to use I couldn't bend my toes or my ankles they were so bad. After, my ankles and legs are much better but the tops of my feet are still as they were (making for a very strange look of the foot lol). They do make this bearable though so I give it four stars. They just need to make the foot portion better compression. In the picture, the left is before and the right is after wearing daily for a week. Doesn't seem like much but let me tell you- it feels muuuuuch better.

Edit: used Copper Compression Foot sleeves meant for plantar fasciitis to see how that would help with the swelling of the top of the foot and ankles and it's way better. I updated the picture. Now, the left is before with no help for the swelling. The middle is with these compression socks. The right is with the Copper Compression foot sleeves.
on November 11, 2015
Love these socks. My husband bought me a black pair through REI and I was so pleased with them he bought me 3 more pair in much cuter patterns. The very slightly in length. All knee socks but give an inch or so. I have large muscular calves and these are not uncomfortable or hot. I am a veterinary technician and love to hike and run on occasion, so basically I'm on my feet all the time. Never really had leg or feet problems but got into a bad accident and totaled my car last year. The accident jacked up my right knee and foot. Doesn't stop me from doing the things I love just slowed me done a bit. The socks really help with swelling.
on July 21, 2013
These socks look much better then compression stockings. I am 33 weeks pregnant and they help quite a bit keeping my legs from feeling so heavy. I am a size 10 but my legs are very slender. I think I should have ordered the M/L because it feels like the foot is stretching a little more than it should but I am somewhat glad I got the S/M (the sock label only says S) because I like the compression level on my calf. Overall, it is a nice sock but I wish they made the sizing a little easier on Amazon.com