Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: MJ Soffe Men's Running Short
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 10, 2012
I am a United states Marine stationed in Cairo, Egypt and let me tell you, these shorts are the best thing to happen to me since the creation of democracy. Nothing screams freedom like your bits and pieces being gently cradled by these justice inducing booty shorts while your downstairs mix-up is thrust into the face of every angry protester and nut job you see as they grimace with jealousy. I especially love to duo these buttocks displaying power pants with a skin tight American flag tank-top. If you love bald eagles, freedom, and flexing your quads at strangers for the simple pleasure of gauging their reaction, then i highly encourage you to hop on the freedom train and purchase these shorts. They do not disappoint.
4949 comments|1,717 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2013
If you have not experienced these shorts, they will change your life. Whether you're looking for a short for running, working out, or even every day underwear, GET THESE SHORTS! They have a long standing cult following in the U.S. Marines Corps, and even have their own fanpage on Facebook with thousands of devoted followers ([...] Do your running shorts have a facebook page? I doubt it.

There are plenty of reviews for these shorts, but I wouldn't feel right if I didn't help support them like they've supported me over the last 15 years. It does take a certain kind of courage to wear these shorts in public, but even if you don't rock them alone, they're the best choice for a daily undergarment, especially in the summer heat/desert combat environment.

These are $11.24 right now and prime eligible for free shipping. Even if you buy them direct from Soffe, they're $12.99 plus shipping. These used to be sold on base for 8 bucks a pair, but even now if you can find them at your exchange, they're $12.

They last forever. I think I still have a couple of my original pairs from the 90's. The elastic never wears out, and they hold up pretty well under all sorts of conditions. One word of caution though, keep them away from velcro. They are made of nylon, so they do snag and can get "runs" in them. Of the dozens of pairs that I've owned, the common failure after several years of constant wear for me is the inner liner, but this is usually after 60+ daily wears plus running, swimming, etc. Some of mine have discolored in chlorine, and if you wear them often in the sun, they will fade to a nice salty seafoam color. They look great on guys and gals. In fact, most of my female Marines prefer them for running.

The biggest difference between these shorts and a lot of the competition is the nylon material, the waistband, and the option of only 3 manly colors on Amazon (Soffe also makes a Gun Metal version). The waistband is not the typical elastic waistband that you might be used to. It's VERY thin and comfortable on these shorts. It will also last you a long, long time (I can't ever remember having the waistband fail on me). The nylon tricot material actually seems to be hard to find these days in other running shorts. Most of today's shorts are made out of the so called "dri-fit" polyester or microfiber. In my opinion, the dri fit shorts are great, but the waistbands are always thicker, and the shorts themselves just are not as comfortable as these, especially if you're wearing them under something else. These shorts, like others, advertise a key pocket, but I never felt confident using it, and if I had to take a key with me, I think threading it through my laces is a better option anyway.

Here's some product info and an accurate sizing chart so you can say my review was helpful:

-Adult size

MENS WAIST 32-34: MEDIUM
MENS WAIST 36-38: LARGE
MENS WAIST 40-42: X-LARGE
MENS WAIST 44-46: XX-LARGE

My two cents: you can be at least 2 inches over the recommendation for each size. Enjoy!
11 comment|159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2012
Let's put this out in the open first, since many of the negative reviewers are getting their shorts in a bunch over it-- the Soffe men's running shorts are short. Very short. Even their product description on Amazon says as much: "This running short is cut to a small 2.25 inches inseam for the seious runner looking for a true training fundamental." (In case you're wondering, a "seious runner" is a runner who likes to be seen, and so, one who is not afraid to show the lower ridges of his cheeks even if there's some shrubbery growing on them. And a "true training fundamental" is a fundamental who's engaged in a program to train him to handle the truth; I'm not sure why the seious runner is looking for such a fundamental.) If your decorum prevents you from tawdry displays, your time is better spent not purchasing these shorts instead of buying a pair and then complaining about it, though I am not one to slam the cathartic powers of self-righteousness.

I bought two pairs of these shorts about ten months ago, and I've used them for running on & off since then. They are so thin and light it's easy to forget they're actually on. In fact, much to my surprise, I seem to have them on right now. They're great for writing reviews, but they're even better for running. I have used my Soffes in two running capacities. On scorching summer days, I wear them on their own. And on moderate-to-cold days, I wear them over compression shorts (which challenge my modesty on a more frontal end). That's right! These Soffes shield AND flaunt! If that's not versatility, I don't know what is.

The nylon fabric is gauzy and silky, not quite moisture-wicking, but quick to dry nevertheless. After weekly runs in the washer and dryer, the fabric is starting to pill in places; however, given how thin it is, I expected there to be gaping holes in the nylon by now. The fabric's integrity remains strong, even if mine degenerates in such wear.

There have been complaints about the absence of drawstrings; for me, that's a plus, since elastics have always been plenty strong to keep shorts up. Drawstrings end up dangling and bouncing, and I don't want any dangling and bouncing in the groin area while I run. The waistband elastic remains as strong and comfy as the day I bought the shorts. By the way, my waist size is usually 34, and the Soffe medium shorts fit just right.

There's a key pouch tucked under the front elastic, just big enough for a single key (unless your front door requires a skeleton key, in which case you should first change your locks and then start running). Don't count on stuffing your smartphone or a baby kangaroo in the pouch, let alone keys on keychains. The pouch is minimal. There may be room for a key and a quarter, in case you run too far, buoyed by this feeling of unbearable lightness, and you need to call a cab home. Tip re key: if you place your key tip downward in the wee pouch, it's likely that the up/down tapping will tear an opening in the fabric, as one reviewer experienced. Instead, place the key bow-side (i.e. handle-side) down.

Now go, run, show the world your hidden talents.
1515 comments|378 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2015
I am 5'11" , 165lbs, and wear 32-33 jeans etc. The medium fit perfect , not too tight, not too big. Just like the ones I wore in the Corps. Except I got the grey as the green were out of stock. I will order more when the green are available.
review image
0Comment|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2015
I was torn between ordering a medium and small. My waist measures at a 31 and I am 5'8" medium build. So I went with the medium. The shorts fit well but I kinda felt I want them to fit I little more snug. I immediately put in an order for a size small!

The material is fine. I actually went to the gym with them on. I've got to admit I felt a tad self conscious on the drive over, but realized- "hey, I think guys who wear there shorts baggy and past their knees look idiotic! Who the heck cares what anyone thinks!"

So, I did my HIIT training on the treadmill- took a minute to get used to the feeling of running in briefs, but I figured if ya got it, flaunt it! Killed it on the treadmill followed by a Tabata session on the stationary bike.

People would gawk as I walked past, but I remained in MY zone!

I HIGHLY recommend you get yourself a pair of these bad boys, especially if you've got some quads and glutes to support them! IG_ sowhatmovesyou
review image review image
on July 18, 2015
i just received my soffe running shorts today, I am 5'5 128LBS and got a size small . Fits perfectly better than i expected. They are 100% comfortable , the guard inside doesn't seem too tight so I must say that i am 100% satisfied and will be buying more. I feel like i am running naked :) first time was nerve wrecking but i am 100% comfortable to wear these out in public .
on April 18, 2015
A little transparent and maybe a little too skimpy to wear at the gym. They are comfortable and I definitely wear them out while jogging.
on March 26, 2011
I'm a long distance runner and i own about 8 pairs of these shorts. I really love them, they are by far the best pair of running shorts that I have ever owned, and I have spent a lot of money on shorts over the years. I've owned a half dozen different brands of running shorts over the years, the cheapest being somewhere around 20 dollars, none come close to the comfort of these shorts. I am a minimalist runner and these are perfect. I have had issues with the liner shredding on a few pairs. However, shorts still work just fine, just breath better now. I have to say I would only recommend these for serious runners, as novice runners tend to be insecure about showing a little leg and don't like the bare feeling these shorts offer. I wear these running, to the gym, around the house, to bed, you name it. If you want to run well your legs need freedom to move and these do just that. You can buy 2 pair of these shorts for the price of 1 of most brands and with Prime shipping you really cant go wrong.
88 comments|133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2015
Slightly. The pair I received are slightly bigger & longer than GameGears. The liner is however huge & somewhat ridiculously baggy. I like some room down there but when you've bounced around your 5th mile, it starts to get old. If you are so well-endowed that you need this much room, you're welcome to give me a call. I will say that these are better than GG in one key respect: they aren't shiny. As for sizing, I got the small. I'm a 31" waist. Still fit bigger than GG.
on March 5, 2014
Crank up ACDC's "Thunderstruck" and release the eagles! Your next period of instruction will be on how these shorts (silkies) are the greatest piece of warfighting gear in America's arsenal.

Prepare yourself before you attempt to put on silkies. All that cool stuff you see in Axe commercials where broads are magnetically drawn to you WILL happen. As soon as you pull up these glorious Devil Dog holders your balls feel like they are lightly being cupped by angels. Not too tight, not to loose. Soffe has found the golden ratio between the two in order to maximize comfort and allow for the perfect amount of "dong flop" while running. Whether you're rocking an M2 .50 cal or a 9mm of patriotism in your pants, it will receive attention. When passing a civilian wearing these they will help themselves to an eyeful and after all who can blame them? Marines in silkies? Those are their finest tax dollars well spent. These aren't your I'm self conscious PT shorts, no no no. Silkies allow you to show off all the creamy white thighs people can handle.

Nothing keeps Marines swift, silent and deadly like silkies. Whether you plan on attacking Fallujah or some broads southern chow hall Silkies will not let you down. The aerodynamic benefits of silkies is what defeated AQI and put the Tali down. Freedom unleashed at literally neck break speed. If you don't love silkies you must be a communist.

Rah.