Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sofie Women's 100% Cashmere Classic Cardigan, Klein, Small
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 26, 2012
As stated in my title, I used to wear the Valerie Stevens cashmere sweaters offered at Robinsons May, until they closed down. I had eight sweaters but have gone up a size over the last few years. So bummed because, you know, cashmere sweaters are expensive AND always too thin. I have been on the search for replacements to my 10+ year old sweaters and I finally found them- in the SOFIE sweater. This is a double ply (that doesn't sound right...double knit?), with seams JUST like the Valerie Stevens. The color is vibrant and the sweater is super soft; I'm sure my yorkie can't wait till I lay it out on my bed so he can cuddle up inside of it.

UPDATE: I can't believe the price went up so much on this item. When I bought my two sweaters, I think they were $89 each- now they are listed as $170??? I would not but this sweater for that price. I have shoved my face in cashmere sweaters that cost that much, so I feel comfortable telling you that this sweater IS NOT WORTH $170. $89, yes- it's totally worth $89.
on January 21, 2013
I'll start with the positives. The sweater is a pretty camel color. It is soft and is priced reasonably. However, it does not have any shape to it. The buttons are cheap. The cashmere is thin and the stitching is weak. A gross grain ribbon behind the buttons and button holes would have made this sweater so much nicer.
on August 2, 2013
I wanted a soft, basic, cashmere cardigan to replace an old favorite. Style and size were perfect, but the cashmere not good quality- I sent it back.
on August 3, 2013
The first time I put it on it felt coarser that my cashmere from Macy's, BUT this one hasn't begun to pill at all.
The ruby color is a brilliant pure red.
on February 21, 2014
I have purchased two of these cashmere sweaters and while the sweater runs a bit small I disagree with many of the other reviews and say that for the price this is a good sweater. I have this sweater in the gray and purple. I also own two cashmere cardigan sweaters from Land's End so I am using those for compare and contrast.

Reasons why it's a good buy: It is a nice lighter weight sweater that I can wear fall and spring and because it is a little lighter weight I can also layer this sweater over t-shirts, shells, and turtlenecks and not feel like it adds unnecessary bulk. I feel that the shape of the sweater is exactly what is expected...a cardigan. Most importantly and my main reason for why this sweater is a good purchase, this sweater is half the price of the LE cashmere sweaters!

Possible cons: While these sweaters are not chenille soft when they first arrive, I found that they are just as soft or slightly softer than my pricier LE cashmere cardigans. Yes, the material in the LE sweaters is thicker and feels more substantial, but I also find that the LE cardigans look bulkier on me and during the fall and spring they are a little to warm for me. The LE cardigans have better quality buttons and grosgrain ribbon reinforcement behind those buttons, but for me the lack of those features are not as important when taking into consideration the price difference. Over time these cardigans do peel, but nothing a good sweater shaver can't fix.

MORE IMPORTANTLY for me, since these sweaters were not nearly as expensive I dared WASHING my Sofie cardigans at home. I've washed my cardigans many times now and with each wash they got SOFTER and SOFTER! I haven't experienced any shrinking issues washing them the way I do. I would never have dared to try washing this cashmere cardigan if the price hadn't been what it is. So another pro in my book: I feel like I am saving a good chunk of change in not having to dry clean these sweaters especially considering how often I wear them. A quick con concerning washing: while the cashmere is wet it has an odd smell to it, but I found that this goes away as soon as it is dries. Note: I am not suggesting that others try washing these, I just found that for me this was a big pro in my book.

In short, I feel that these cardigans are an excellent buy and my gray Sofie cardigan has become the one that I reach for over and over. I very rarely wear my two LE cashmere cardigans.
on January 8, 2014
it is soft, light, it seems good, but when i pick up a thread and burn it. residue is caking as chemical fiber‘s residue of combustion not as powder which is combustion residue of cashmere.
there is no double it is not 100% cashmere, there are a certain fiber in it. I don't know the percents.
on November 25, 2014
I was troubled by the thin, not warming material. Also, it was shorter in length than was shown on the models. . The person I bought this for, is 5'5", and normally proportioned.

However, Amazon, to their credit took it back and promptly issued a complete refund.
on December 26, 2013
Good delivery. Item as described. Color and length fairly accurate. More of a straight cut - not cinched in at the waist as shown in the photo. Arms have a roomy fit. Others have complained about the quality, but this is fine for $50+. $50 won't get you a designer 4-ply cashmere sweater. If you are looking for designer quality, then stop shopping for a deal on Amazon and go directly to a designer website and pay the usual $400-$1,000.
on December 16, 2012
The cashmere feels week quality small plastic buttons, seened to be a lot of money for the the quality not great
on December 14, 2012
This classically cut sweater fits true to size and feels so luxurious when you have it on. I searched high and low for a camel sweater on line and in stores. So glad I came across my Sofie!