- Explore more great deals on thousands of titles in our Deals in Books store.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
The Soft Addiction Solution Paperback – Bargain Price, October 19, 2006
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
About the Author
More About the Author
President, Co-founder, Wright
Dr. Judith Wright is a peerless educator, lifestyles expert, inspirational speaker, best-selling author, and corporate consultant. A media favorite, Judith has appeared on more than 500 radio stations and 80 TV programs including ABC's 20/20, Oprah, Good Morning America, the Today show, and more. Her work has been featured in magazines and newspapers across the country including Marie Claire, Fitness, and Health as well as The Chicago Tribune, The New York Daily News, and The Detroit Free Press. Dr. Wright is the author of Transformed! The Science of Spectacular Living, The Soft Addiction Solution, and The One Decision. You want to see the woman that Women's World Magazine calls 'one of America's Ultimate Experts."
Judith is an energetic, charismatic, and engaging speaker, and has an audience appeal that transcends age, culture, gender, and occupation. An expert in areas like relationships, creative conflict, work productivity, Judith's latest venture is as Professor of Transformational Psychology at The Wright Graduate Institute, which she co-founded with her husband Dr. Bob Wright. She is also the founder of SOFIA, the Society of Femininity in Action, a cutting-edge women's development, training, and empowerment program.
Top Customer Reviews
And it's not about deprivation - it's about adding things that are more nourishing than computer solitaire or too much food. So I feel more satisfied rather than less and filled up rather than overstuffed.
As a physician, I see the effects of our Soft Addictions all day, every day. I can't recommend this book highly enough.
- The main idea: soft addictions, i.e. mindless routines and unproductive behaviors, consume a lot of time in most people's lives and rob us of time for doing things that would make us happier.
- The explanation: people resort to soft addictions when they can't deal with emotions such as anxiety, hurt, etc., or as an attempt to satisfy a a yearning they can't identify. This is probably the greatest strength of the book, as most people who realize they have soft addictions tend to blame themselves for being so "stupid" without understanding what drives them to the behavior.
- The (broad) solution: identify the deeper hunger that drives each addiction and try to find a way to satisfy it by a meaningful and fulfilling activity.
- If you buy a book called "The Soft Addiction Solution", you probably have a good idea what soft addictions are and that you have them. The book, however, spends several chapters trying to get you to "discover" that you have soft addictions and how much time (and/or money) they are costing you.
- Despite its name, the book offers few concrete solutions. In fact, a more apt title would be "The Soft Addiction Problem".Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I began this book. Did not finish it yet. Lucky me...if I have a soft addiction, so far I have not identified it. I have never let habits get the better of me.Published 2 months ago by J. A. Drummond
Well written , lots of ideas. Opening me up to a more awareness . I will love my addictions from now onPublished 13 months ago by Steve DePiro
I've enjoyed the guidance through this process and she even helps when you stumble and how to refocus.
A great book that's heading me in the right direction.
The content is good, until it starts to repeat and repeat with references to the authors' programs. Good read for those who are looking for answers to questions like: "How do... Read morePublished on January 1, 2014 by Amazon Customer
I have read this book twice. The second time, I brought myself to do the workbook in the back and realized how to read this book. Read morePublished on February 28, 2013 by philblue3
I didn't realize I was an "addict" until reading this book. The suggestions are great and I have already begun to make better choices in my life based on MY "one decision". Read morePublished on September 3, 2009 by Linda Leigh
What's helpful about this book is that it breaks down all the steps in really fighting soft addictions. Read morePublished on January 11, 2009 by Karen T.
I highly recommend this book and the lessons taught by Judith Wright to anyone genuinely interested in living a great life. I'm an overeater, overspender, over worrier, etc. Read morePublished on November 4, 2008 by A. Gadon
I was really excited about this book until I started reading it. The concept of the book was great but the authors way of writing made it unreadable. Read morePublished on June 9, 2008 by EnglishBreakfast