4.0 out of 5 stars furnature saver
Published on May 17, 2011 by Amanda Robinson

Published 4 months ago by Brad Munsil

4.0 out of 5 stars furnature saver, May 17, 2011
This review is from: Soft Claws Cat Nail Caps Take-Home Kit, Large, Clear (Misc.)
I've been using these on my cat for over a year now. He only has back claws, but they were scratching my leather furnature when he would jump on it. My cats are indoor only. It does take your cat some time to get used to them - the first 2-3 applications will probably annoy your cat. You have to distract the cat with treats or play for several minutes after application to let the glue dry. The package says 5 minutes. I do 15 minutes.

It takes two people for us to apply these. One to hold the cat, the other to squirt glue and apply.

I've had the colored version of these as well. They are cute, if not a bit strange looking to people who have never heard of kitty press on nails. I'm going back to the clear ones because they allow you to see the claw as its going into the cap, and I think you get a better fit. When you can't see this, it's easy for the tip of the claw to hit a cleat notch, and then the nail cap doesn't go on as far as it should. Plus, visitors usually don't notice the clear ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the right size and they work great, October 6, 2012
I got small and medium for my cats, one is a 7 lb kitten and an adult who is also usually around 7 lbs. Small didn't fit them-a couple nails on my kitten would let the small size on but I had to go up to the medium. The adult couldn't wear any small ones. Had the same experience with the medium size that didn't fit on a 10 lb cat, I then got him the large ones. So just be aware that might happen and the correct size doesn't depend on weight. They do work quite well though, stay on right away (providing you're putting on the right size). My cats did chew on them at first but I just distracted them by feeding them and throwing a couple toys and once they got used to the fact that they weren't coming off they hardly notice. Lifesaver for my new furniture. I check every couple days to see if any have come off, sometimes one or two has because they grow off, so just trim that nail and stick another one on. I use them on the back as well and honestly am really enjoying having cats that don't cause as much damage or scratch on accident when playing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick, April 2, 2012
My male cat has a bad habit of scratching the carpet at my front door. I rent, so needless to say, I don't want to have to deal with an angry landlord. Soft claws to the rescue! I have no issues putting them on him (I can do it by myself but it is easier with help). He is very comfortable with me messing around with his paws, as I have trimmed his nails his entire life. One issue is the glue. The directions say to put the glue into the fridge after you are done and you will be able to use it again later. This has never been true for me. The glue always dries up. They do give you 2 tubes in the package, but that doesn't cut it. Thankfully, Amazon sells the glue by itself. The extra cost for the glue is slightly annoying, but overall it is worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nail caps are WONDERFUL, July 2, 2014
I have two large Maine Coon cats. They are gentle as can be but if they accidentally claw me (especially with those back claws), they can really do some damage! The nail caps are the answer to a prayer. They are very easy to apply, stay on well and protect the furniture and me from scratches. I chose the clear - you really can't see them once they are applied.

I highly recommend these!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, October 4, 2014
These are a godsend if you have cats and want to also have nice furniture. They've done an excellent job of protecting our leather couch and other furniture.

If you have a disagreeable cat, it can be a pain to put them on, though. We have one sweet, carefree cat and one that may be related to satan. The sweet one is completely compliant and relaxed when we put the caps on him, but satans cousin requires a whole lot of work and patience; definitely a two person job for the mean one.

They are a great alternative to tattered belongings or the cruelty of declawing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft Claws Nail Caps Always a Winner, June 4, 2014
Soft Claws are the best, make sure that you go with the original product and except no inferior substitutions. Soft Claws have saved my tights, hosiery and furniture. Let's not forget the legs, who need scars. Very quick turnaround with this Seller. I had been having the groomer apply the soft claws but finally tried myself. I have been saving some dinero since then. There are videos online you can watch, papoose your feline if necessary and give it a try. This is a great product and easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic alternative to declawing!, August 31, 2014
I love these! Even though they're supposed to last for 6 weeks, they can actually last for much longer, depending on how your cat is. I have 4 cats all together and all of them had Soft Claws put on their front paws. One of my cats really dislikes them being on her claws and she tried to get them off, but they lasted 6 weeks just like they were supposed to for her. However, the rest of the cats don't mind them at all, and they've lasted a few months on their claws! They're definitely worth the money!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars ... my cats had begun to get stuck in thinks like toys with a loop of string getting past the ..., August 1, 2014
I have 2 cats and leather furniture so I decided to try these they were not to difficult to apply but after a week or two I had to cut them off because my cats had begun to get stuck in thinks like toys with a loop of string getting past the gel cap and around the nail itself. but they did keep my cats from scratching the furniture and I have bought more to try a second application.

4.0 out of 5 stars I recommend having one other person help to hold your pet ..., September 14, 2014
Works as expected. The glue is a bit messy, but that's how glue is. This product saved my cat from scratching at her wound/scab and let her heal properly. She didn't seem uncomfortable after putting them on either. I recommend having one other person help to hold your pet still during application. Wonderful product. Probably saved us from a pricey vet visit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sufficient product, July 23, 2014
I feel like these may be a little small for my cat. He is a DHC/Maine Coone cross. They still do the trick. You will definitely want to watch the cat for a good 15 min while the glue dries. 3 weeks after application he has only pulled 3 off and the others are still in the proper position (make sure to check as the nail grows out).

Soft Claws Cat Nail Caps Take-Home Kit, Large, Clear