4.0 out of 5 stars Captures a certain amount of Zeitgeist
Disclaimer: this is not my usual genre of music, inasmuch as I prefer rock and adult contemporary. After hearing the appetizer "Cobrastyle" as a current staple of the alternative radio realm, I was anxious to see the full menu. I also heard an interview of the three core band members from Stockholm about 3 weeks ago.

The album is an eclectic mix of techno...
Published on October 3, 2006 by David E. Gregerson

2.0 out of 5 stars TeddyBears
Okay...........I'll admit that The TeddyBears got a good hit in "CobraStyle".........however, someone out there please reference me back to a hit from the 60's or 70's that has the same beat and melody and a lot of organ and drums.
Please...............it is driving me crazy
Ted in the Sanitarium Lobby
Published on April 3, 2012 by Theodore D. Herman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Captures a certain amount of Zeitgeist, October 3, 2006
This review is from: Soft Machine (Audio CD)

The album is an eclectic mix of techno pop, shining brightest when showcasing the irresistible thumping dance rhythms. The overall experience brought back a certain frenetic dance energy I haven't felt in over 10 years. Overall, I am very glad I bought it. I expect it will be a hit at any party. Turn the volume up and let loose!

The highlights for me are "Cobrastyle", "Different Sound", and "Little Stereo."

5.0 out of 5 stars Global and Generational Appeal, March 2, 2007
Mark A. Smiddy (Benton, Kentucky United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soft Machine (Audio CD)
Normally I avoid Punk,Techno-Dance, types of music like the plague. But after purchasing and listening to TeddyBears "Soft Machine," I'm sold and this is coming from a 43 year old American male. Good music like all art spans the Globe, Cultures, and Generations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Techno Goodness!, December 12, 2009
Marcus C. Neeley (Madison, Wisconsin) - See all my reviews
Like others who have reviewed this album, I am NOT a big fan of punk rock.. but after hearing the track "Punkrocker" on XM, I knew I had to have this album. As it turns out the entire album is awesome! It is techno punk, yes.. and repetitive at times.. but catchy as heck. lol. I find myself skipping around to different tracks trying to decide which is my favorite. It's still Punkrocker. lol

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite record, February 26, 2008
This review is from: Soft Machine (Audio CD)
I saw these guys at Coachella last year and not only do they put on an amazing performance, there studio work is nothin short of superb. This is definitely an album you can put on and listen from track 1 until the very end and get into every minute! All my buddies are hooked!

4.0 out of 5 stars A perfect party mix, November 21, 2007
This review is from: Soft Machine (Audio CD)
Fun, fun, fun. I've listened to this for almost a year and am not yet tired of it. You can't wait to hear what the next track will bring. I've turned several friends onto this CD and we all keep it at the top of our CD stack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun album that rocks, October 18, 2007
This review is from: Soft Machine (Audio CD)
Punkrocker is the best track on the album, but in whole this thing is just loads of fun. Anyone who likes to rock will absolutely dig this album. Get it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top of my CD stack for 2 months, June 1, 2007
This review is from: Soft Machine (Audio CD)
Absolutely awesome! Propulsive, tight and addictive. Plus, it's not just me -- I've played this at my house parties, and EVERYONE asks me who this is.

Every time I fall in love with a track, the next track makes me re-think my position. Each time I listen, I'm amazed at their ingenuity.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not typical, January 4, 2007
This review is from: Soft Machine (Audio CD)
What it is, it's basic commercial music, but it's not completely annoying. In fact, holistically it's not annoying at all. It's actually quite satisfying. Different Sound, Yours to Keep, Black Belt, and Alma are great. And some songs like Are You Feelin' It and Automatic Lover tend to be a little too basic. But overall, I wasn't even into this kind of music before but this changed things. Actually it didn't. I just listen to this CD over and over again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Album!, October 5, 2006
This review is from: Soft Machine (Audio CD)
Very catching electronic pop album. I first heard of them from the Tag commercials, but "Cobrastlye" is not even the best song on the CD. "Punkrocker" and "Riot going on" are my two favorites. I highly recommend this album...and if you are a little unsure, check out their myspace fo preview full tracks...that's what I did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Eclectic Electric, March 6, 2010
This review is from: Soft Machine (Audio CD)
I've had a couple of people ask about this CD when they're in my car. The popular hits are good, but the best songs on here I've never heard on the radio, Sirius, or anywhere else.

The songs are written and performed by different musicians, so there is no "Teddy Bears" sound. This makes it a diverse mix in the vein Electronic Punk.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Soft Machine
Soft Machine by Teddybears (Audio CD - 2007)
Rate and Discover Movies