5.0 out of 5 stars These DO protect flooring
I'm not sure why the last reviewer had issues with these- if you perform a "fingernail test" you can clearly see the difference between these casters and your typical nylon hard casters. I'm a big guy and when I roll around on my brand new hardwood floors with these I don't see a single scratch produced anywhere. I'll be buying more of these for my other chairs.
Published on April 27, 2011 by TB

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsatisfactory performance
I purchased these casters to go on a new Kronos chair purchased at Staples. The casters that came with the chair were made to roll on carpet, and were not compatible with the new Allure vinyl plank floor system I installed. So I tried these casters which are "For Hard Surface Floors".

My flooring is hard, so they should work. And in fact, the replacements...
Published on March 27, 2012 by MackBass

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsatisfactory performance, March 27, 2012
This review is from: Soft Tread Casters For Hard Surface Floors

My flooring is hard, so they should work. And in fact, the replacements from Amazon were an improvement, but in the end, disappointing. There is still too much sliding instead or rolling. The caster material is too hard, and there is not enough friction to ensure rolling. After two months I could not stand it any more and purchased a set of casters with soft wheels from Staples for $55. Ouch!! I only just installed them, but so far they seem way better. The caster surface is softer and tackier so it grabs the slick floor and rolls.

5.0 out of 5 stars These DO protect flooring, April 27, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Best way to protect floor!, November 14, 2011
This review is from: Soft Tread Casters For Hard Surface Floors
I've owned these casters for about 6 months now and have been using them on laminate flooring. It's not the indestructible kind of laminate, my floor will scratch if not protected. I started shopping for a office chair floor mat for under my desk and couldn't find one suitable (without those pointy things for carpet) for under $50. Boy am I glad I stumbled across these before I did!

Not only have these protected my floor very well, but there are other advantages over chair mats besides being less than half the price. Chair mats are an eye sore and hide my beautiful flooring, and I can roll my office chair anywhere in the room instead of being confined to 4'x4' area at my desk.

I will never buy another floor mat again unless I am on carpet, which won't happen in this house.

1.0 out of 5 stars Noisy Wheels, May 4, 2012
This review is from: Soft Tread Casters For Hard Surface Floors
After using the wheels for two weeks they started making a "loud cracking" noise when rolling on my laminated floor.Try another brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars When your old chair needs new wheels, December 16, 2012
This review is from: Soft Tread Casters For Hard Surface Floors
These wheels are IT!! They are exactly as good as advertised to be, maybe better. I was skeptical at first, ordering without the benefit of seeing. And now I couldn't be more pleased. I have been 'wheeling' around on them for 3 months now, and not a single mark on the floor, we have a ceramic tile floor and these wheels glide on it with NO problem. They are holding up under the 'weight' beautifully!! And for the quality of this product, the price is very reasonable, and the shipping was quick as well!! If you have a hard surface floor and need wheels, you WANT these!!

UPDATED MAY, 2013......It has been about 8 months now, and they are STILLL as GREAT as the day I first put them on the chair!!!! No wear on the wheel and no marks on the floor!!! In fact they have out lasted the chair LOL Had to retire the chair the other day, but you can bet I'm saving these wheels for my next new chair!!! BUY THEM, you WON'T regret it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great casters, May 16, 2011
This review is from: Soft Tread Casters For Hard Surface Floors
I just installed new oak floors in my office area and was concerned about the old casters making roller marks on the surface. So, I bought these casters to replace the old ones on my chair. They work perfectly. So far I cannot see any marks at all on the new floor after using them for a couple of weeks. I recommend them to anyone in a similar situation. Simple solution. I'm happy.

1.0 out of 5 stars these are just regular casters, offer no protection for hardwood floors, March 27, 2011
GRH (Los Angeles, Ca.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soft Tread Casters For Hard Surface Floors
these are just regular wheels they are not soft like stated they are hard plastic. A few of the wheels have sharp points on the bottom and sides from the molding process I guess, which are likely to damage your floor. These wheels are getting returned asap DO NOT BUY THESE WHEELS WILL NOT PROTECT YOUR FLOORS

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, ruined my new floor!!!, July 8, 2011
This review is from: Soft Tread Casters For Hard Surface Floors
Title say soft tread caster for hard surface. I assumed "hard surface" aslo mean "hard wood", but I was wrong. The caster may be a little softer than my existing caster but it is no good on hard wood surface. After few weeks use I can feel rough spot developed under the chair area. I guess the soft threat has been eating into the wood surface slow;y. Disappointed with this product, they should least warning user that it is not for hard wood floor.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 years on Pergo floor - NO scratches, work great, January 30, 2013
This review is from: Soft Tread Casters For Hard Surface Floors
I bought these casters right after we installed a Pergo floor in our family room. They were super easy to install. I just flipped my computer chair over, pulled out the old casters and pushed these in. They went right into the holes and settled in with no problems. I've had them on for 2 years now and there are no scratches at all on my floor from my chair wheels. The casters roll just like regular wheels (no sliding) and they don't make any noise when rolling.
It feels like the part that rolls is made from a hard rubber. It has a slight give to it if you poke it with a fingernail (but it's not sticky or soft). Anyway, these are durable and work great. You can't beat the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars They Roll, June 5, 2012
Art007 "Art F." (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soft Tread Casters For Hard Surface Floors
Four years ago I purchased an "executive" chair at Office Depot. Recently two of the casters began to chip and that chipped wheel (one of two on each caster) was falling off. My floors are hard ceramic tile.

My first impulse was to check Office Depot. Online only, $38.00 plus shipping. A quick look on Amazon and I found these for half the price and free delivery. What the heck, right?

The order was placed Sunday; the casters arrived Tuesday at 10AM. The new casters are perfect Quality is as good as or better than the originals. Easy to install; the hardest part was flipping the chair over.

Thank you, Amazon.