5.0 out of 5 stars Easy marks

Published 2 months ago by ND fan

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good for alignment, June 10, 2014
ND fan (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Softspikes Golf Ball Alignment Tool (Sports)
I really wanted to like this product. The clip mechanism holds the ball securely and makes it easy to write on the ball. The problem is the poor alignment of the guides on the tool. I put two perpendicular lines on the ball for putting, a target aim line and a line perpendicular to it that I use to align the putter face (like a "T"). When using this to mark my ball, I found it very difficult to align my putter face perpendicular to the target line; something just seemed off. I thought either my eyes were playing tricks on me or i mismarked the ball. It turns out that the middle line is not actually a line, but more of a wedge. Lines that should be at a 90 degree angle are slightly off, which may not seem like a big deal, but it is very distracting to me. I thought I might have a defective version of the product, so I decided to give it another try and bought another one, which has the exact same issue. I found the Greenkeepers Line M Up tool much more precise and easier to use to put alignment marks on the ball.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy marks, May 14, 2012
This review is from: Softspikes Golf Ball Alignment Tool (Sports)
This simple little device makes marking your golf ball a snap. It is possible to easily make a line around the circumference of the ball without it looking like you had to readjust the ball within the alignment tool. Because of the way it is made the ball can be moved easily when you need to realign the markings. I have made some interesting designs with the tool that makes my ball easily identifiable by anyone who sees it. This is a no brainer to use. Just decide how much or how little you want to mark your ball, slip the ball into the tool, and mark away. I had one of the snap on the ball marking tools and this one is better because it leaves no sloppy lines when you readjust for alignment. It is easier to get the ball in and out of this tool. 4 of my golf buddies now own this type on tool.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest., May 28, 2014
This review is from: Softspikes Golf Ball Alignment Tool (Sports)
When I used the sharpie on my Titleist ball, it bled all over the ball. I could still make out a straight line however, and the target line, they just looked very messy. (And yes, I did actually use the the green marker, the ink spread out of the lines in which I was marking.) After the fact, I still took the ball on to the course to use the line that I could still see. Well, after about three holes, I noticed dark black lines on the face of my driver. My brand new, Callaway Big Bertha driver. I was not the happiest person at the country club. I couldn't do anything about it then, so i finished 9 holes and left. When I got home, luckily; 30 minutes of scrubbing later, I managed to get the ink off of the face. Still not happy with the product. Over all, I would not recommend this product to anyone of my friends but I will not ask for a refund because it was only three dollars. That being said, you might as well save your 3 dollars, go buy a soda or something.

1.0 out of 5 stars Plastic broke literally within 5 min of use, June 5, 2014
This review is from: Softspikes Golf Ball Alignment Tool (Sports)
Unwrapped it. Used it once. Plastic broke.

It might just be a defect, but anything that breaks after 5 minutes of use get's 1 star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet little tool, April 29, 2013
This review is from: Softspikes Golf Ball Alignment Tool (Sports)
This thing is great to throw in your bag and mark up your balls. Really compact. Love how you can clip the sharpie right into it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Golf Ball Alignment Tool, July 13, 2013
This review is from: Softspikes Golf Ball Alignment Tool (Sports)
I've had several ball alignment guides...this is made of a softer plastic than the others so it's much easier to mark the ball. I'll probably buy a couple of more just in case I lose this one.

If you want a ball marking device, this is the one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Creates Nice Lines, September 6, 2013
Dr-Cog (Germantown, WI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Softspikes Golf Ball Alignment Tool (Sports)
Makes nice lines almost completely around the ball. It is easy to use.

Mine came with a RED sharpie, so it makes my ball look like a range ball (yuck), but I can easily buy a different sharpie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alignment Tool sets you up, March 30, 2014
This review is from: Softspikes Golf Ball Alignment Tool (Sports)
Alignment Tool sets you up .But you still have to execute the putt. :-) Try it out. Helps find your ball too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic golf aid, March 11, 2014
This review is from: Softspikes Golf Ball Alignment Tool (Sports)
I really like this simple alignment aid. The best feature is the spring loaded clamp. Other similar items don't clamp and it's harder to keep the ball steady when marking it. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, May 4, 2013
This review is from: Softspikes Golf Ball Alignment Tool (Sports)
Being blind in one eye and therefore not having depth perception is a challenge for me to line up my shots - this make a major difference BUT I would use it even without the depth perception thing.

Softspikes Golf Ball Alignment Tool