Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Solar Cooking for Home & Camp: How to Make and Use a Solar Cooker
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on July 7, 2009
I have a collection of solar cookbooks. I have two solar ovens of different varieties. I use the sun to cook our food. I was impressed with this book from the outset. Although not large at 120 pages, it contains directions for making two different types of solar cookers as well as source lists for solar cooking (societies, pre-made cookers, how to pasteurize water/milk), not to mention some very good recipes (the Chili Corn Bread And Banana Cake recipes are to die for). I highly recommend this book as both an informational resource as well a damned good little cookbook.
on September 9, 2008
This cookbook has been a pleasure to use. It has a wide variety of recipes and ideas that my family loves. This book also gives you instructions on how to build and use your own solar cooker.
on March 22, 2011
The cover of the book shows a nice photo of a recipe using meat and chicken. I felt very disappointed when I opened the book and found very few recipes using meats. I'm not a vegetarian and can't stand tofu so seeing most of the recipes in this book geared toward those who avoid meat made me wonder what kind of camping this author ever did. If I had known the contents of this book I wouldn't have bought it.
on May 30, 2011
This book not only tells you how to cook foods along with some recipes, in the solar cooker, it has plans on how to build a solar cooker. If you're making an emergency kit - this should definitely be in there - after you read it!!!
on August 10, 2012
Needed a book to learn the ins and outs of solar cooking. Found enough in this book to get started with my new solar oven. Clear explanations with pictures. Includes directions for constructing your own solar oven.
on April 29, 2011
This book includes instructions to make a couple of types of solar cookers. The commercial ones cook better, but these work OK for casseroles and such. I have also made bread. You need a very sunny day for that.

It's fun to experiment with these.
on October 2, 2014
Excellent book with good guide to make a simple solar oven. No need to spend hundreds of dollars when you can make your own for $10 and be cooking the same day. We have made bread in january, cookies, soups, stews, bacon, rolls, and so much more. Use it with a dutch oven for great results. The bread is better than conventional oven.
on September 15, 2014
This is a book that every survivalist or someone who want to be prepared for the unexpected like, natural or man made disasters
From how to build a solar cooker to food recipes of the kind of food you can cook. So if the electricity is out and if the sun is up this is the energy you need to cook your food. But only if the sun is up.
on April 4, 2013
It's rare that I write reviews, but I felt like I was ripped off with this book. Yes, it's about solar oven cooking, but about 10 pages are dedicated to building your own, a handful of pages are about technique, and then the vast majority of the book are recipes. I was hoping on the best way to use the solar cooker, how to position it, tricks for different types of food, etc, etc. I had already read pretty much everything the book had to say by just using Google.
on December 17, 2012
This book is EXACTLY what I wanted it to be: a complete guide to the different types of solar ovens and how to build them, then the majority of the book is a wide-ranging set of recipes to use in your solar cooker. Our Scout Troop is already talking about teaching the Scouts about solar cooking by using one of the recipes on a camp-out in the Spring.