4.0 out of 5 stars Good when it is used

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, underwhelmed
Published 23 months ago by psi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, underwhelmed, March 27, 2013
This review is from: Solar Face Shield - 7 in Black Full Face Sun Protection (Misc.)
Although the box containing the product was perfectly intact, the product itself had multiple scratches, dents, pings, etc. Additionally, it was much more flimsy than I expected it to be. There was a sticker on it stating that it might melt if left in a car, and it was not recommended for use while driving. Hmmm...an item for use for sun protection that melts in the sun. I have better uses for $27.00 and am returning this item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good when it is used, May 22, 2011
I bought this item for my Mom, who was diagnosed with skin cancer. I seen someone wearing one of these, and I thought it would be perfect for my Mom. The item works as advertised, but my mom doesn't really wear it to cover her face instead using it like a cap. She thinks it makes her look scary, and to tell you the truth it does have a certain Darth Vader look to it. Otherwise, I would have given it 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solar Face Shield, June 14, 2011
Solar Face Shield: Very Good for aquatic jogging in the pool. The shield reflects the sunlight from the water's surface. The shield is protecting my skin from damage. I recommend it!

2.0 out of 5 stars cant use it., May 1, 2014
I thought the shield has a bunch of scratches on it as I read in another review, but that was the protective coating which does peel off. The problem is that I cant close the thing with my glasses on, and I have to wear my glasses. If I try to use it, since it isn’t closed all the way I get glare and reflections off the shield. Rats. I had high hopes for this gadget.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and make from cheap material, last for only a few month, July 13, 2014
For the price we paid, we expect the product can last a few years. This one last only a few month and it has already had two places broken, cannot wear anymore.

If you use for a vacation, this is fine. But if you want to use for daily exercise, do not buy because it will not last long.

1.0 out of 5 stars broken when delivered, June 4, 2014
never had the chance to try or enjoyed it
unfortunately, product arrived already broken, not in good condition
try to have a feedback, but seems like , it going to be really comlicated

1.0 out of 5 stars Face shield not durable - fell apart in 2 weeks, May 18, 2013
It's a great concept but a poorly made product.

I contacted SunGrubbies when I received the product as a warning sticker placed directly on the inside of the shade. When removed, the film bubbled a bit. I didn't receive a response. Within 2 weeks the inside film completely pulled off of the plastic frame making it impossible to see through. The mask was tenderly treated, not exposed to any heat or weather elements - it simply is a cheaply made item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as pictured, but a couple mild negatives., July 10, 2014
anastasiaig "anastasiaig" (Santa Fe, NEW MEXICO United States) - See all my reviews
Positives and Negatives -
I posted 3 pics on the product page - (updated - no I didn't because for some reason the link to add images isn't there anymore...) hmmm

If it's really 50 spf then it's a HUGE bonus for me (I have rosacea and work in Saudi Arabia - two polar opposites) and it virtually exactly what it looks like and decently sturdy without being heavy. The plastic coating peeled off front and back as advertised.

From inside (wearing it) it seems huge and I often wish it were lower curved below my chin somewhat to cut down on hot air/breeze, but when I look at myself in it I'm completely covered, more than I realize. It's far enough from my face for comfort, but maybe a little too far at the chin to block wind (one thing I wanted but that's just me....)

negatives (and they're super mild)
asymmetry (see pic) it's virtually impossible to guarantee that the plastic shield and head band will be perfectly in line, and with boxing and shipping things skew a little. The only reason I notice or am bothered is because I'm highly sensitive in general (and also am a Chiropractor) so I'm constantly aware of and bugged by any asymmetry or imbalance. Anyway - the shield is slightly *off* from the headband (I think the frame of the headband isn't plumb) so when moving it up/down the two pieces bump against each other and I have to use both hands to slide the shield over the edge of the band. If I don't and I just push the shield up, I push the whole thing off my head. I've had it three days and it's loosened up a bit and is not easier to move. Also because they're not parallel, I always feel like my head is tilted because when I look down the bottom edge of the shield isn't level, right to left. Again...it's not a *problem* just a very mild flaw in the product. If you're OCD, it'll make you crazy.

The one negative I really don't like is the inside of the head band (see pic). It has that rough synthetic mesh you often see on running shoe trim. I think they used mesh maybe for "cooling", but because the frame of the band is either metal or hard plastic, and there's no cushioning, all I feel on my face is hard frame and rough mesh. I guess I assumed it would be soft flannel/felt. For me it's an issue because of sensitive skin condition. I get bad breakouts on my forehead even with wiping sweat during running, so to have something rubbing up there is a big problem for me. I might insert my own soft panel and sew it directly to the mesh. There needs to be either a soft padding under the mesh, or a padding covered by felt instead of mesh. Otherwise it's just a bit hard to be on your face. Not a big deal on headbands worn on top of hair, but worn across your skin it's quite scratchy.

Very wordy, but just being thorough. I WILL likely buy another one soon to be sure I don't run out. It's not flimsy or breakable. It's well constructed and looks exactly as advertised and a blessing for me where I am.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Protection from the sun to cancer patients!, September 6, 2014
I really like this product. Four days ago I had my second cancer surgery due to being exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam. Two cancer surgeons told me I must stay out of the sun that is a factor in my two Basel Cell Carcinoma surgeries and that I sure don't want to get a Melanoma skin cancer that can be fatal and is proven to be caused by Agent Orange exposure and exposure to the sun. I can't be putting on SPF50 sun protection cream just to go out to the mail box to get the mail, etc. etc. so I bought this and it works well for short trips to the mail box taking in/out the trash can, etc. My last cancer on my face was so bad that I need to have reconstruction surgery because the cancer doctor had to cut out so much of my face and I don't want that again. I would have rated this five (5) stars because this is for sure only made for a small head, My hat size is 6 7/8 and this shield is tight on my head, I just say this as a caution for other buyers so you are not surprised and have to return the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars junk, July 29, 2014
it was good until the headband snapped and now i cant wear it. the headband is made of cheap plastic dont bother buying this it will snap.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›