4.0 out of 5 stars functional lights good price
Published on April 17, 2008 by Robin M. Schaffer

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars_Gd Solar String Lights_ some issues
Nice solar lights with some drawbacks. I bought this set from the sellers before I later saw them on Amazon.
Pros:
1. nice thick twisted double-stranded string( not all solar sets have this ( 2 out 4 brands that I own have them)

Published on January 2, 2008 by A. Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars_Gd Solar String Lights_ some issues, January 2, 2008
Pros:

2. multicolor includes white bulbs ( not all multi color sets have white, included among the typical (red, green, blue, yellow) bulbs

3. **The description doesn't indicate it, but these are built with a replaceable (AND) rechargeable (AA) size back-up battery (a Great feature with solar lights, it allows you to replace the battery yourself and get good illumination even on cloudy days. Be watchful of lights built with a permanent lithium battery- you can not update/replace these yourself- if you live in a year-round sunny place, maybe you won't mind as much. Otherwise, stick with rechargeables that can be REMOVED.
- You'll need yourself a battery charger to recharge your batteries when they're not recharged by the sun.

Cons:
1. A 60 bulb/ 26' string is not that long (you'll get it around a very small bush/ tree or around 1 side of a very short railing)
2. it is too expensive for the size
3. the blinking feature (i do not like) it just blinks very very fast. I have a set from a different manufacturer that slowly blinks, then shifts through each color,then blinks fast and continues this cycle- a much nicer feature.
4. The switch to turn it from steady to flashing or completely OFF is placed directly under the stake "pad" (not a major problem) - would be easier if it remained under, yet to the side of the panel.

4.0 out of 5 stars functional lights good price, April 17, 2008
After having spent almost a 100 dollars on long strands of solar lights with a large light sensor... and having them get water logged in three months and dying on me, I'm pleased that these have so far lasted a whole year. I've order more to drape along the fence on my patio. Just a note--these are intended for ambiance, not light. They are so atmospheric. I also have these on two alberta spruce trees and they look so lovely at night.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Set of Solar Christmas Tree Lights, January 1, 2008
I was a bit skeptical about ordering this set of lights, however they arrived well packed, and they are very nice. Very small multi color LED's about 1/4" inch long. Durable double twisted electrical cord. The solar power base comes with a 12" stake. We used this set of lights to decorate a 3 foot tree that is quite a distance from the house where we didn't want to run an electrical cord. A small tree or bush is about the most you could decorate with this small set. I didn't realize the set also had "flashing light" option and regular static setting. I like the flashing! Shipping was a bit slow, but I suspect that was due to the holiday mail rush. I do feel the lights are a bit over priced at $19.95, not including shipping. I would buy more if they were less expensive. They are the only multi colored solar set I could find on Amazon at that price. The other Christmas solar lights listed here are even more expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars 7 DAYS AND 7 NIGHTS, November 3, 2008
Awesome
This is the best solar light ever.
I bought this light to use in my yard but when I received it and see that is works with a rechargeable AA battery I had to experiment and it WORKS.
I put the light in my house and I cut a piece of cardboard and paste it over the face of the unit so it won't charge the battery.
I put in a regular AA Duracell battery and put it to flash mode and it FLASH FOR 7 DAYS AND 7 NIGHTS before the battery went dead. Believe it I was amaze. So I am using it indoor and replace one AA battery every week. What more than that could you ask for. No electricity and my lights work perfectly.
If you cover the solar panel and leave the small glass like bump open and you have enough sunlight in your home then it will turn off during the day and on in the night. The battery will last double the time.

Make sure if you buy its the one with the Changeable AA battery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, January 6, 2009
Jim (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Solar Multicolor LED Christmas Lights
I purchased this item to decorate a tree at the cemetary for Christmas---It worked every night------ Just what I wanted it to.

3.0 out of 5 stars Changing my opinion, May 2, 2010
Fiora (Eugene, OR) - See all my reviews
I earlier had trouble with this product. What I found out later was that, when a wind storm came up and knocked over the EZ-up I had this attached to, it pulled the little connector box open and somehow the rechargeable battery fell out and got lost. Sooooo....it didn't work again, obviously because it had no battery in it. Replaced the battery and it works fine, though not bright at all. It's decorative in a dark setting, but you will not get any real light out of it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, especially given the price., December 14, 2008
The lights are a bit of a disappointment. They are not very bright (perhaps not getting enough sunlight, but it's winter), the blinking feature is too fast, there seem to be more blue lights than red and green, and given the length of the strand, $20 is way too much. I'm sure that in future, there will be more efficient solar Christmas lights that look more like regular plug-in lights, but these are not it. The bulbs themselves are not even in the shape of traditional Christmas lights - they are small cylinders. I would not buy these again unless they were A LOT cheaper.

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed, April 11, 2009
This review is from: Solar Multicolor LED Christmas Lights
Have used other solar string lights(not q marketing) and they worked great but i wanted steady on not just flashing as the others do so i bought several sets of these for use outside in the winter in chicago. i recharge the batteries on cloudy days so after a couple of charges the wire broke where it goes into the collector. the wiring is so thin it gets VERY brittle when cold and just breaks without any hope of repair. this happened on at least 4 sets-only used 5-would not buy or recommend these lights

1.0 out of 5 stars Lousy Lights, December 6, 2009
This review is from: Solar Multicolor LED Christmas Lights
These lights are cheap, dull, small and the string isn't long enough to really decorate anything. They do last through the night. The lights are too close together on the string. I was very disappointed with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light up anything, anywhere., September 9, 2009
We like to put lights on our boat at Christmas. These were great, we wrapped them around the railing, set the solar in the sun and then had Christmas lights all evening! It was great!

Solar Multicolor LED Christmas Lights