5.0 out of 5 stars Motion To Wake The Dead!
Published on March 5, 2011 by Karl Kusche

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, worse customer service
Published on August 2, 2012 by Jack

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, worse customer service, August 2, 2012
This review is from: Solar Powered Motion Sensor Detector Alarm
Upon receipt of this item I was suspicious of its ability to withstand the elements. It is cheaply made, however, I decided to keep it due to the inexpensive price. The first night I noticed that only the blue LED lights were flashing when sensing motion. No audible alarm or voice warning as advertised. I tried the unit in all switch functions, but still no audio. I figured the batteries needed additional charging, so I left the unit in the bright direct sun all of the following day. That evening, same thing, i.e., no audible alarm, just flashing lights. Repeated the process the next day, but still no audible alarm. Note that I did check the alarm in all switch settings just to be sure.

I contacted Amazon and said that I would simply like to return the alarm for a refund, so they provided a label and instructions to return the alarm to Home Clever. There was no mention of paid postage, so I figured I would have to absorb the postage, which I did, and sent it via USPS registered. Several days later, I received an email from Home Clever telling me that they received the alarm, however, were charging me a 15% restocking fee because the alarm was set to the "Mute" setting. I replied that (I'm not an idiot), and tried the alarm in all settings, but it still did not sound the alarm or voice warning. No reply from them after 2 additional emails. They still hit me with the restocking fee which amounted to $3.75.

So, for a lousy $3.75, I am writing this poor review. I had to pay return postage for a product that doesn't work and a 15% restocking fee as well.

Stay away from this company and their products. You don't want to deal with them no matter the price of the products. I hope they read this and realize what $3.75 can possibly cost them in the long run.

5.0 out of 5 stars Motion To Wake The Dead!, March 5, 2011
This review is from: Solar Powered Motion Sensor Detector Alarm
Wow! And a second WOW! This solar powered motion detector alarm I purchased through Amazon will blow the socks off any intruder!(And neighbors). I love it because it powers itself; it can be 3-set for off; or (mine has an on-range of about twenty feet plus a side angle coverage) blink the brightest blue colored police-like warning lights; or press the one of the two pushbutton switches and the blinking will accompany a commandeering voice of warning about entering your protected area. Plus, from Amazin' Amazon, I also installed the greatest and reasonable (to me, as a retired engineer)available solar powered motion detecting Light that uses white LEDs - by Concept. So we also have light on the intruder..(together, a few weeks ago, they frightened away a bear who visited us at 4 A.M.looking for his din-din).
One problem with the alarm. DO NOT DROP THE TWO FOREIGN-MADE SCREWS - they are the thinnest and the only ones that fit the two small mounting holes. Lose one and you'll regret it! Lucky we had a magnet to comb the surrounding grass. And if absolutely necessary, drilling a larger hole(s) for American size might ruin the inside sealed-in components. Otherwise, M.Lucky says: BUY 'EM BOTH - ALARM & LIGHT! (from Amazon, of course)!

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, August 4, 2011
This review is from: Solar Powered Motion Sensor Detector Alarm
Not very loud, but that is a good thing in my case. False alarms all the time. I have this installed in my driveway (not facing the street and about 40 feet away from traffic, not facing traffic)This thing goes off all the time, even when the is nothing around. I would never know if someone was really there or not. Good thing it's not any louder, or the neighbors would be calling the police on me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought 1, then 2, now 5; work great, January 30, 2012
This review is from: Solar Powered Motion Sensor Detector Alarm
I have several homes and land and wanted an inexpensive, easy to maintain (no batteries) "warning" beyond just a no trespassing sign. This has worked very well and I've recommended it highly to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loud!, August 28, 2011
SterlingPhil "SterlingPhil" (Sterling, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Solar Powered Motion Sensor Detector Alarm
This tiny device is very effective and extremely loud when the sound is turned on. In the light-only mode, an intruder is likely to think it's a video camera. I want to get another to see if it might scare deer away from our garden.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work in the dark., August 14, 2012
This review is from: Solar Powered Motion Sensor Detector Alarm
Ordered these to help keep deer out of my corn fields, was very hopeful that it would scare the deer off. After charging I tested them outside one evening and they worked fine outside of having to be very close to them. Wasn't as loud as I had hoped for but was still hoping it would be loud enough for the deer. Loved the flashing lights. One other complaint about them is they are really wide, they would not fit on a 4x4 post, would probably fit on a 6x6. I cut some boards and nailed them to the 4x4's so I could mount the lights on my 4x4's.

So after getting them placed out in my fields I tested again, was in the evening when it was getting dark but was still some light out. They worked great other than the distance issue. While patrolling the fields later that night I noticed that when I would drive by them they would not go off. I thought maybe the battery didn't last very long, but then I happened to shine my flashlight on the unit while I drove by and it suddenly went off. So I made a few more laps and drove right next to the lights, any closer and I would have hit them and again nothing happened! But as soon as I shine a light on them and drive by they work!

So if you are planning on using these for your home be sure the area you are planning on using them in is well lit. Also don't count on them being loud enough to wake you up unless you have the hearing of a bat. I could barely hear them inside my truck when outside, they sound like they are plenty loud enough up close but outside in the open they are not very loud. Money would be better spent on spot lights with timers.

5.0 out of 5 stars That GOOD i'm buying more !!!, April 19, 2012
This review is from: Solar Powered Motion Sensor Detector Alarm
I brought two just to see how they would work being the fact of the cheap cost, but to my surprise it really works Great ! I'm about to buy more just to keep in stock.

3.0 out of 5 stars THESE ARE OK....BUT!, May 25, 2012
Joseph L. Patterson (Milwaukee, Wisconsin United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Solar Powered Motion Sensor Detector Alarm
I PURCHASED 3 OF THESE FOR SECURITY IN MY BACK YARD. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THESE UNITS AS THEY GIVE A WARNING WITH PULSATING LIGHTS WITH 2 CYCLES THEN RESET. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THEY WILL ACTIVATE WHEN THERE IS A BREESE BLOWING IN THE TREES WITHIN THE RADIUS OF THE SENSORS THEREBY GIVING FALSE ALERTS. ALSO THEY MUST HAVE A DIRECT LINE OF SIGHT TO THE SUN TO CHARGE LIMITING THE PLACEMENT OF THE UNITS.

1.0 out of 5 stars Solor Powered Motion Sensor Detector Alarm, May 8, 2013
This review is from: Solar Powered Motion Sensor Detector Alarm
The item worked only part way, the blue lights lite up and the voice worked real low,,, The big problem was the 3 china batteries inside the case that had no ground for the batteries, when I opened the back of the case to replace the batteries, 2 batteries and a metal clip that should have had a ground to it, fell out of the case, I replaced the 3 batteries with USA batteries and the white light still did not work,,, I spent $5.00 on batteries and UPS wants $7.00 to ship the item back,,, I am canceling the shipping back, cause from reading reviews only a few returned items get a full refund,,, I'm just like any one else, when I order something, I expect it to work, I don't expect to play cat and mouse sending items back and forth hoping to get a refund,,, Our motto when we sold on e Bay was if it was from China, be sure it works before sending it out,,, I think this is what Amazon and the seller should do,,,

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after a few weeks!, August 26, 2013
This review is from: Solar Powered Motion Sensor Detector Alarm
I actually have plenty of security devices and added this item to make it even more obvious to trespassers they are being monitored. Although this product doesn't actually do anything other than give a warning to deter intruders, I saw it as small part of my overall security strategy.

That being stated, in a few short weeks of summer weather, this product no longer works. For a device that's so simple, it's sad that it's not even durable enough to withstand warm weather and a bit of rain. Couldn't imagine how this flimsy black casing would survive an actual winter! You're better off with a sign.

Solar Powered Motion Sensor Detector Alarm