Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 23, 2014 4:51:13 AM PDT
SpookyBarnez says:
Anyone know where Amazon has stopped taking preorders on this? I've never seen a Blu-ray go "out of stock" before releasing...

Posted on May 23, 2014 8:28:04 PM PDT
Elani L. says:
Best Buy has it for $44, but yeah I think it sold out on here :(
Right before I was going to buy it. Hopefully it comes by before it's release!

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2014 9:40:43 AM PDT
I seriously doubt that it's sold out. This happens frequently on Amazon. I don't know why, but at some point after beng announced for preorder, titles are then made unavailable for ordering. Then, usually, about ten days prior to the actual release date, the title becomes available again. I strongly suspect that on, or around, June 1st the BD and the DVD will again be set up for preorders.

I suspect that it has something to do with HBO also selling the title on their own website.

Posted on May 27, 2014 3:54:19 PM PDT
Whats going on here ?? This better be back in stock on release day.

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2014 7:51:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 28, 2014 7:51:44 AM PDT
Bad news...The allocation for Amazon has indeed been sold out via preorders. I was told this directly by a supervisor in customer service. I just ordered a copy from Walmart for $39.95 with free shipping. It will arrive 3 to 6 days after the release date, but it will arrive. I had to do the same thing for the Falling Skies: Season 3 Blu-Ray...which was only $24.95. It's not huge savings, but it is small comfort.

Posted on May 29, 2014 5:06:08 PM PDT
What a load of baloney. If this isnt back in stock on release day im gettin it from somewhere else.

Posted on May 30, 2014 7:28:48 AM PDT
WB distributes some of the HBO shows and movies and WB is currently in contract negotiations with Amazon. As soon as they are finalized, you should see pre-orders available again (provided the contract(s) are finalized before the release date).

Posted on Jun 3, 2014 10:58:43 AM PDT
T. Haggas says:
I pre-ordered this as soon as it was announced and my order is still active. So it does appear that they've sold out their allotment and are working on getting more.

Posted on Jun 6, 2014 6:04:19 PM PDT
It seems to me that Amazon is trying to push people to adopt buying the Digital version for 14.99 instead of allowing you to pre-order the physical copy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2014 4:30:04 AM PDT
YelloSub says:
I had pre-ordered but cancelled it this morning as soon as I saw the Target Store flyer in Sunday's paper listing the Blu-Ray set for $29.99.

Funny thing is that Amazon's listing now says "Sign up to be notified when released"!

Posted on Jun 8, 2014 10:18:47 AM PDT
Thanks for the tip on Target's add Yellowsub. I'll have to wait for Target to open on Tuesday morning so I can get one.

Posted on Jun 9, 2014 6:26:42 AM PDT
u00trs2 says:
What A FAILURE Amazon is! NO True Detective on either DVD or Blu Ray...someone will lose their job! Target, here I come!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2014 5:03:51 PM PDT
bOoKwOrM says:
it's back up for preorder. :)

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 8:57:57 AM PDT
Daniel K says:
That just dropped the price to 29.99 to match Target as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 5:50:08 PM PDT
Looks like the price drop is not for those who pre-ordered the set months ago, mine has shipped at $39.96 and no sign of any credit

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 10:34:46 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 10, 2014 10:35:16 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 10:35:30 PM PDT
Call Amazon customer service within the next seven days and you can get that ten bucks back! Same with any purchase from Amazon (as in sold by Amazon not a third party or just shipped by Amazon). I saw that it dropped by ten today and was annoyed too so I called because hey ya never know... and that's how I found out about this policy.

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 11:05:18 PM PDT
Jumped on the webchat, got my ten dollar refund, Thanks Ed

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 11:18:09 PM PDT
Glad to help.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  May 23, 2014
Latest post:  Jun 10, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
True Detective [Blu-ray]
True Detective [Blu-ray] by Various (Blu-ray - 2014)
4.6 out of 5 stars (3,089)