on February 26, 2009
I grew up on these. My (step)grandfather has been propagating the seeds of the plants his parents brought from Poland every year (he is in his 80s now). He's happy to share them with anyone and to talk about them, and gave someone some seeds one year. The next thing he knew, they were in a gardening catalog as heirloom tomatoes (something we'd never heard of till then... they were always just Grandpa's tomatoes). Now Grandpa's tomatoes are on amazon.com... life is funny.

Anyway, they are fantastic sandwich or burger tomatoes because of their size and density. Each one can weigh about a pound and is softball sized at least. They have a sweet flavor.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on December 17, 2012
Verified Purchase
Less than 1/4 of the seeds germinated, and even though I nurtured and protected them with great care, they failed to grow more than a couple inches. I'm not a novice gardener, so would have expected better results, especially with the extra care I gave them. I really wanted to taste these tomatoes, and harvest a few seeds for next season. It was disappointing, but I may give them another try.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again