Soleus Air DP1-30E-03, 30 Pint Portable Energy Star Dehumidifier, with Humidistat
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Removes up to 30 pints of moisture from the air every 24 hours
- Digital humidistat with continuous mode
- Bucket-full audible alarm and indicator light
- Clean washable filter indicator light
- Low temperature operation down to 41°F
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Our basement is HUGE but I still only bought the 30 pint unit because I'd rather run a small unit more often than cycle a larger unit. Same concept as a house air conditioner - and a dehumidifier is a miniature air conditioner. Besides, I'd need the Mother of All Dehumidifiers to completely dry the basement and that's not going to happen.
Even though the old unit had just been running before I installed the Soleus, the new hstat read 70%. I don't really care if that's accurate or not, the basement just smelled damp. I installed a drip hose to run into the laundry tub, set the hstat to 55% and went to bed. This morning, it's definitely drier but I didn't bother to check the hstat. I assume the unit ran all night.
The impressive point is that I used the same drain hose on both dehumidifiers and, subjectively, the Soleus is draining a LOT more water than the old unit. Plus it is VERY quiet.
Once I get the feel of the hstat sensitivity, then I 'll set it and forget it so I can assess the energy usage. I know that I could buy an energy meter but I'll just save the $50.
The unit is also light which is important because I put the unit midway up the wall on a shelf (to drain into the tub).Read more ›
1. It works.
2. Draws less power at start-up (Lights don't flicker when it starts).
3. Not as heavy as previous 30 Pint dehumidifier.
4. Does not generate as much heat as previous 30 Pint dehumidifier.
1. It is noisy. I have to set the fan to lowest setting or turn it off if I am in the same room for any length of time.
2. Have to empty bucket twice a day because it is so small.
3. Humidistat is worthless. The longest the dehumidifier will automatically turn off when humidity level is reached is 1 minute (and that is at medium or low setting, on high setting the dehumidifier will run continuously).
4. Filter will sometimes vibrate causing additional noise.
If you want to dehumidify more than one room or use the dehumidifier in the same room you are in (for any length of time) do not buy this dehumidifier.
Otherwise, it works.
It's construction is solid (for plastic), the wheels work well and make an otherwise heavy machine easy to move around (not always the case on heavy molded plastic products), and the functions are fairly idiot-proof. I haven't changed the filter yet, so can't speak to that feature. Surprisingly compact and stylish as well. Will be getting one for my first floor next summer, assuming this one continues to purr like the happy little kitten it is right now...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
keeps our basement dry and has worked great for 2 years. Use it Spring through fall. Less moisture in basement now. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Barb
Worked well for about 3-1/2 years. Used from May - October in the basement, running 24/7. Did the job well but then the condenser died. Expected more than 3-1/2 years. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Glenn W. Soderstrom
Incredibly noisy ... the water bucket vibrates in this dehumidifer and it makes an awful racket. I even tried taping it to make it stop vibrating ... all to no avail. Read morePublished 8 months ago by IncisiveReviews
Works well. Seems to use a lot of electricity, maybe they all do.Published 14 months ago by Patricia G. Danna
I have had Soleus dehumidifiers for years - much better than the one i got at Sears...................... Read morePublished 19 months ago by johanna perkins