5.0 out of 5 stars Great GPS Watch!
Published 8 months ago by Pinkie

2.0 out of 5 stars not recommended
Published 10 months ago by Amy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great GPS Watch!, January 12, 2014
This review is from: Soleus Women's SG006-052 GPS mini Digital Display Quartz Black Watch (Watch)
I've been running for a year or two now and thought that it was about time that I start measuring how much I run. A few months ago I got the Nike + sensor that worked very well until my 3rd run when it just stopped working. I was planning on picking up another because they really are supposed to last, but instead I found this watch. I searched everywhere for an affordable GPS watch (wasn't willing to spend the $200 that they often cost!!!) And eventually saw this one. It has all the basic functions I wanted and a smaller size for my little wrists.

When the watch arrived I was surprised that this watch is "mini" because it is actually quite large! But I think it is pretty small for a watch of this type. I was impressed when I looked on their website and found 2 downloadable manuals (with helpful diagrams) and the Soleus Sync software. One of the manuals along with a helpful YouTube video helped me figure it all out. The syncing software paired with your free Strava Running account is absolutely amazing. When you upload a run, it displays how far and fast you went on easy to understand diagrams. It also shows your entire route and elevation throughout the run.

By pushing a few buttons the watch begins looking for a gps signal and reaches one within a minute or two (in cloudy weather) During your run it is easy to shuffle between screens to see distance, pace, time, speed and calories burned. And when you are done you just push the stop button and then hold it down to save he data to the watch.

Overall, I think this is a really great watch and it seems like it will last a long time. It's kind of overwhelming at first because of all the buttons and settings, but after a couple hours you'll have it down :) I recommend this to any serious runner who wants to track their miles and get motivated to run more!

*I've only had this watch for a few days, But I'll update this review if anything changes*

2.0 out of 5 stars not recommended, October 23, 2013
I have found this watch very frustrating to use. The instructions are difficult to understand. The Soleus Sync software (which uploads to Strava) doesn't "find" the plugged in device half the time. Basically, if you can find the right screen, this watch will tell you how far you've run. Good luck finding that data later, so manually record it immediately. I should have spend a little more money and stuck with a Garmin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Mini GPS, January 13, 2014
I have this GPS mini watch and have loved it. I love the color that I choose but more than anything the watch works perfect. No need to spend a fortune on a Garmin when this watch does the same thing for way less. Such a great buy!!

2.0 out of 5 stars too big, May 29, 2014
I was really excited about this watch, but never got to try it out. It's HUGE. Even though it's a "mini," the face of the watch is really large. But more importantly, even with it on the tightest hole, it still flopped around on my wrist. The hard part of the plastic that is attached to the face was way too big for my wrist. I'm small, but by no means tiny (5'4, 122lbs). So this review is just a warning to other women out there who may also be on the small size.

1.0 out of 5 stars I used to love this watch..., June 18, 2014
Until the USB connection crapped out after one month of use. Why oh why does it have to be inside the watchband. I think that it was an awful design choice on their part. Maybe they'll fix it in later models, until then I'm switching brands.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very user friendly and the instructions that came with ..., July 24, 2014
Not very user friendly and the instructions that came with the box wasn't comprehensive. need to search for Videos to learn how to use

3.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy if you are smaller than a size 4 woman!, June 6, 2014
What a shame - this is a good watch - excellent at the price, but it is not really mini when it comes to the strap length ... someone was napping on that one. I am giving it 3 stars .. should be 5.
Called Soleus - apparently this is a common complaint, and there are no options other than to return. They are "aware of the issues and addressing them in a future release". If you have a slender wrist, you will have to wait.
Shame.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor GPS performance., August 8, 2014
This is a cheap GPS watch, in every sense. The UI is truly awful, which is forgivable at the price - but what's not forgivable is the poor quality GPS performance. I regularly have to wait 10 minutes at the start of my run (in a large park - no buildings) for this watch to get a lock. Sometimes it doesn't even work then and I just give up and run. I'm returning the unit for a second stab, and will update the review if the newer unit is any better, but for now this is essentially a wrist-worn-paperweight.

4.0 out of 5 stars Batteries not included....actually they are, July 31, 2014
Great watch! Reason for purchase = girlfriend was tired of buying watches that had a limited battery life (1-2 years). Bought her this and she loves that fact that it can be charged via usb, as an extra bonus she is also an avid runner as well. GPS is finicky and seems to take long to grab a signal. Have yet to plug it into a computer, so I cannot comment on that. Will update when I get the chance.

2.0 out of 5 stars DESIGN FLAW WITH STRAP AND NO SERVICE/REFUND, September 6, 2014
Loved the watch until the STRAP BROKE AFTER <20 RUNS. Seems to be a design flaw, because the strap is designed to pop off to allow charging, then pop back on for wearing. Now the strap pops off anytime I try to put the watch on, so I've duct taped it together. CUSTOMER SERVICE NO GOOD- tried emailing 2 different addresses and calling the number given, but no response yet after 2 weeks...

Rate and Discover Movies