Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Color: Orange|Change

on May 2, 2012
Old review titled : a junk product and truly terrible customer service

I do not really have time to write product reviews but I am so thoroughly disgusted with my experience with this Soleus watch that I want to warn other potential customers. I see that Amazon is saying the item has no reviews and I'm guessing that Soleus found a way to pull the item and re-list it due to other buyers having similar issues - since the watch did have reviews when I bought it.

When I first received the watch I was pretty happy with it. It's bigger than I expected and really takes up one's whole wrist. The darker pink dominates the lighter pink and makes this color combo a little bit less attractive than the photo. But I was happy with the interval timer option which can be hard to find and I really enjoyed the display that shows two time zones at the same time since my parents were traveling in Thailand and it was nice to feel like I was in touch with their day every time I looked at my watch. And the waterproof rating (I forget if it was 50 or 100 meters but it was FAR deeper than I ever took the watch) was essential because I always end up wearing my watches in the shower.

I received the watch in January 2012 and over the next couple of months I wore it about a total of a month. The watch got wet quite a bit but I was careful to never push the buttons underwater per the instructions.

In early March I was wearing the watch when it went totally dead. It was a bit of a hassle to figure out how to send the watch in for repair because NO ONE WHO IS ASSOCIATED WITH SOLEUS EVER ANSWERS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE NUBERS but I finally figured out I had to send the watch to Parsec Enterprises, Inc who fyi never answers their phones either.

After just a few weeks of wear most of the lettering on the silver portion around the watch face had worn off so I was hoping that maybe I would get a brand new watch. I was not very happy to have to pay for all the shipping since the watch was almost new when I started having problems but I went ahead and paid for shipping.

A few weeks later I get a letter from Parsec: the watch has water damage and if I want my watch back I have to pay $62.95 as they are not honoring the watches supposed water resistance and so if I want the watch fixed (and I'm guessing they just leave the silver part of the face all worn off, since there was no mention of fixing that issue) I have to pay $13.00 more than what I paid! $13 more than the price of a new watch to get my defective, rubbed off watch back!

Needless to say: NO THANK YOU! I have had better luck with a $3 waterproof watch I got in the Manila! And I found a waterproof watch for half the price from Timex (Timex Unisex T54281 Ironman Triathlon - and note this Timex "unisex" watch is totally smaller than the Soleus "Woman's" watch) with the interval timer option and so far I am much happier with it - better size, not rubbing off and so far is actually water resistant.

So if you plan to actually wear your watch and perhaps actually get your waterproof watch wet I suggest you stay far away from Soleus! I have bought quite a few watches in my life and I don't thing I've ever felt like I do about Soleus: I threw my money away, wasted my time, and they don't care at all.

LONG OVERDUE UPDATE: I finally did hear back from Soleus and they replaced the watch. I know they wanted me to edit my review and I wanted to but am just now getting around to it - a year and a half later.
In defense of the Soleus watch I really am hard on watches. I lost the Timex going down a water slide - although in defense of me that watch had a weaker clasp.

Anyway I did some running with the Soleus watch and it worked well for interval training. The beep was louder than other watches I've tried interval training with and that was really helpful.

The watch was a bit big to be super comfy for everyday wear and of course I did't want to destroy it in the shower so my replacement watch has been used mostly just for running and it works well for that.
on May 1, 2014
I like this watch for several reasons: 1) unusual style makes it look unique and I am always looking for products that are a bit different. 2) the time display is large and clear for me to read at a glance, although I wish the date portion was a fraction larger too, but overall I am pleased with it. 3) instructions are easy to follow to set the different modes of the watch. 4) the material in which it is made is comfortable, but only time((no pun intended)) will tell if the strap will hold up and not break/tear. I HIGHLY recommend this product for individuals who are looking for an inexpensive, digital, yet stylish watch. Oh. I LOVE the color combination too!
on September 18, 2012
I bought this watch as an upgrade to my old Timex to help me train for my half marathon in a few months. I was a little apprehensive to buy the watch as there weren't any product reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised! The band is nice and soft, very flexible and the display is large and easy to read. It took me a few minutes to get the hang of setting up the time and timer intervals, but once I got the hang of it I was able to set it up easily.
on September 21, 2011
I like that this watch has a large readable face and yet a thinner strap that doesn't feel too bulky on my wrist. I've received a few compliments on it in my running group. People seem to like the nice face size on it without it feeling/looking too cumbersome. The one I bought was a really cute two tone blue and I got it from Amazon, but can't seem to find the listing for that one anymore. This is the same watch though, just different colors.

I was mostly interested in setting up an interval timer so that's really what the review focuses on. The watch has a memory of 5 different interval segments, located under the "TIMR" mode. Once you start the timer, it just repeats through the set intervals until you stop it again. So if you set the first segment to 15 seconds and the next to 1 minute, it will just keep cycling between those two times. There is a message at the top of that screen to tell you which number segment you are on, and there is a counter on the bottom to keep track of how many sets of intervals you've done already. The counter starts at 00 though, so if you want to do 5 sets of intervals, for example, you would stop after you've completed the last segment after it says 04 on the counter. You reset the intervals back to the start by holding down "Set/Light" button until you hear 1 beep, keep holding it for a second beep if you want to clear the interval settings entirely. Now that I now how to set up the intervals, changing them as needed is a breeze.

The buttons initially felt a little stiff and unresponsive, but they got better after a few uses.

It's a little hard to read in the close up pic on the back of the watch but it has "SANITY IS SLOW. RUN WILD." engraved on it. Purely aesthetics, but I liked it. I don't think it was mentioned in the product description, but the back also says it's water resistant to 100 m. I haven't used it in a pool though, so I can't say how it really holds up there.

No complaints from me! It's cute, easy to use, easy to read.
on July 14, 2014
So far, so good. I've read that people have issues with the battery life, but chose to take a chance. This looks so much better than the standard IM timex watches, and I was looking for an every day (except speed work mornings) running watch that I could wear during easy runs, to work, and everywhere else. The instruction booklet is thorough and Soleus provides a one year warranty. The backlight is worthless and that's why I have it 4/5 instead of 5/5.

Update: The watch is dead. - March 23, 2015. Completely dead.
on October 12, 2012
The product arrived well before schedule; however, it was advertised to be "new" but clearly was not. The watch had lap times already programed into the watch, was set to a timer, did not come in the original plastic wrap and had scratches. I love the watch, but was very disappointed with the defects and the used condition.
on May 16, 2016
This watch has been performing fantastically for the past several months. I got it so I could wear a watch around during the times when I dont want to wear my metal and glass watches. It is easy to read, saves battery power by turning off the screen and is extremely comfortable. It has been battered, washed, and worn through every hike/climb/exercise and is still going.
The biggest downside to it is that the white words on the face are wearing off. This watch would have been perfect if the words had been etched or something to make it so they wouldnt wear off. I still give it 5 star, however, because the price is right, the size is right, the colors are right, the functionality is awesome, and I just really like this cute little watch!

edit::: Has done well for the first three months wear/tear, but now it is falling apart rather quickly. I wear this as my main go-to watch--showers, swimming, biking, camping, hiking, climbing, so on....The actual band is receding away from the mechanical face, leaving a noticeable gap, and the buttons have become harder to push (sometimes not responding until I've pushed the button three times). The only thing I can say, is that the little watch is a trooper in the water! Take a shower every morning and have swam in lakes and swimming pools, and I've never had problems with it.

Final census? Good watch and pretty durable for the price,but if you're like me and want something you can wear at all times day/night and something that can take a beating, spend a little extra money on the ironmans or gshocks or similar.
on March 9, 2014
I like it but it's a fairly large watch, which makes it easy to read. The picture doesn't show this clearly but there are 3 white buttons which clash with the grays and yellow. One white button on the lower right and two on the left side. The instructions for setting the timer, time and alarm are incomplete and hard to follow. Took me a few days of picking it up and trying to set something and see if it would work. The watch is comfortable and stays put ; it doesn't slip around on my wrist, I'm pretty skinny. It's nice to have a timer, alarm, stopwatch, date and day of the week right at your wrist. Also, if you want to compare your lap times, or run times, there is a feature to store your best times. If you are in training for something, that's nice too. I usually am tracking my time, cooking different things, or wanting to stay on task so I find the timer and alarm very handy. For a sport watch, it's not too garish or loud, subtle grays with a tiny splash of fresh yellow seems to go with everything casual. Very durable. I also like having a watch when I travel, that way I don't have to search for my phone and keep it on. It comes in a nice Soleus watch box. I knocked off one star because I think Soleus could have made it more attractive by making all the buttons gray and making the watch smaller and thinner -- I'd say it's almost 1/2 inch thick and 1.5 inches across from side to side. Like I said, I have a very skinny wrist, bony, so this really makes a statement on me.
on November 25, 2011
I purchased this watch to replace a dead Garmin. Being able to set 5 alarms was the feature that sold me on this watch. I don't need to know how far I've gone, but being able to set different times for interval work is great. The watch delivers well. The alarms were easy to set and change without needing to refer to the instructions. Up to 10 alarms would make this watch even better. I have small wrists and this watch fits comfortably. A nice extra touch is the bump at the end of the wrist strap that slots into the holes of the band so the end of the watch band doesn't flap and become annoying.
on January 2, 2015
I love it...I have it for a few months now and it does so much. ..I wanted something that would chime at intervals so you know when to increase the pace and when to slow down. . This does just that the strap is rubber so it's easy to keep clean...