|Lights||Smartphones||Cameras||GPS||E-Readers||USB Cell Batteries|
|Simple, fast charging |
The 1Amp output of the BOLT charges target devices at the same rate as a typical wall charger. On average, a smartphone goes from zero to full in just under three hours.
|Sundial for energy capture |
The innovative design of the BOLT allows a simple pencil (included) to be inserted into the center, which makes the BOLT act like a sundial. Simply point the BOLT towards the sun and rotate it until the pencil no longer casts a shadow. A full day in direct sunlight completely charges the BOLT’s on-board 2000mAh Li-Poly battery.
|One-button operation |
The BOLT has a single LED push button. When it's capturing energy from the sun or USB, the button lights up red. Push the button one time and the BOLT flashes one to five times to indicate battery level, then begins energy output. Push the button one more time to turn the power off.
|Charging efficiency |
While electronics are changing all the time, there are two standard charging specs that devices adhere to -- a CTIA standard charge output, which most devices follow, and an Apple charge output which Apple products follow. The BOLT is designed to switch modes, allowing for the most efficient charging of all devices, regardless of which charging mode they require. When the BOLT’s LED button is green, this indicates it is in CTIA charging output mode. To switch modes, simply hold down the button for five seconds and release. The button will then light up blue, indicating it is now in a mode optimized for Apple products like the iPad, iPhone, and iPod.
|Heat and chemistry |
A high temperature-rated Li-Poly battery is unlike other battery chemistries, working in high-heat with a 60C specification which means the heat of the sun never interrupts efficient solar charging. When the useful life of the rechargeable battery is over, the BOLT’s battery is easily user-replaceable.
|Charge when the sun goes down |
The BOLT’s battery can be re-charged via the micro-USB port using the included USB charging cable. From USB, the BOLT’s battery charges to full capacity in 4.5 hours.
|Compact for travel |
When the BOLT is not spun open to capture energy from the sun, it folds closed into a compact package that fits in the palm of your hand. At only 5.3 ounces, it stows easily, providing battery back-up for USB powered electronics while on-the-go.
- Five-watt maximum wattage
- Fixed 5V, 1,000mAh discharge rate
- 5-5.5V 450mAh charge rate
- Four-hour, 30-minute charge time via USB port/wall charger
- Eight-to-ten-hour charge time via sun
- Three-year average battery life
- 3.7V/2,000mAh Li-Poly battery
- Measures 3.5 by one by 3.5 inches (W x H x D)
- 5.3-ounce weight
What's in the box?
- Solio Bolt solar charger
- USB charge-in cable
- Micro-USB charge-out cable
- Quick Start Guide
Solio is the brand name of Better Energy Systems Inc, a private company based in Oakland, California with teams in the United Kingdom and Kenya. The company was founded in 2002 to design, develop, and market power products for handheld electronics. The company's stated mission is to "bring clean, renewable energy into the daily lives of people throughout the world, making better energy a way of life for everyone," which it seeks to accomplish by:
- Providing energy equality, the belief that all people -- regardless of geography or economic standing -- are entitled to clean energy and light
- Engaging in the fight against poverty by implementing new ways to bring sustainable power and light to people at the base of the economic pyramid
- Making renewable energy innovations widely and affordably available, in order to enable a global shift toward new energy infrastructure
- Includes Micro-USB to USB Cable for charging via USB port / USB port wall adapter, can also be used as a charging cord for any Micro-USB devices
- Charge Time: Via USB port/wall charger is 4.5 hours, Via Solar 8 - 10 hours
- Battery: 3.7V/2,000mAh Li-Poly - User replaceable at end of life (average 3 years)
- Pencil - Insert the pencil through the center of the BOLT to easily prop towards the sun
- Max Wattage: 5 Watts
- Discharge Rate: Fixed 5V, 1,000mAh
- Charge Rate: 5-5.5V 450mAh
- Weight: 5.3oz
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 3.5 x 1"
|Unit of Sale||Each|