The Mono-i charger is cost-effective, as sun-based energy is completely free and creates no harmful impacts. And the solar design couldn't be simpler, with a single high-efficiency solar cell that lays flat for easy charging. Just leave it on an outdoor table or rock for 17 hours or so, and then get ready to take your power on the road. To charge the Mono-i's battery without using the sun, simply connect the charger to your computer via the included USB charge-in cable. Plus, the energy in the charger's lithium-ion battery doesn't need to be redeemed immediately, as it stores the juice for more than a year.
The Mono-i does not come with a preselected variety of adapter tips, but is instead compatible with all i-Go power tips (sold separately), including i-Go mini USB, i-Go micro USB, i-Go iPhone/iPod, i-Go Samsung, and i-Go Blackberry versions. The Mono-i hybrid charger measures 1.3 by 4.7 by 0.85 inches (W x H x D), weighs 2.75 ounces, and carries a one-year warranty.
The Solio Mono-i includes a single high-efficiency solar cell for easy charging.
- iPhone: 3 hours talk time
- Blackberry: 3.6 hours talk time
- Tom Tom One GPS (3rd gen): 4 hours navigation time
- Garmin Nuvi 200 GPS: 3.3 hours navigation time
- Apple iPod Nano (3rd gen): 34 hours
- Apple iPod Touch (1st gen): 27.2 hours
- Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS: 215 pics
- Kodak M763: 255 pics
- Solar charge time: 17 hours
- Power outlet charge time: 2.8 hours
- USB charge time: 5.6 hours
- Battery: 1,000 mAh lithium ion
- Power output: Roughly 4 watts
- Solar panels: 1 high efficiency
- Overcharge protection: Yes, 4 levels
- Shell: ABS/polycarbonate
- Dimensions: 1.3 by 4.7 by 0.85 inches (W x H x D)
- Weight: 2.75 ounces
- Warranty: 1 year
The sun's energy has always been recognized as powerful. How powerful? The amount of energy that falls on the Earth in one hour is the same amount used by the world's population in one year. With these details in mind, Better Energy Systems created the Solio--a hybrid solar charger for small, portable, electronic gadgets. It was introduced at San Francisco's MacWorld in 2005, where it won Best of Show. The Solio quickly caught the consumer's imagination and interest, because it combined convenient, easy-to-use renewable energy with cutting-edge, award-winning design and engineering. With this combined value and appeal, the company continues to receive prestigious awards and acknowledgements for its family of Solio models, and has now sold more solar systems than any other company in the world.