5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Five Star Debut
Published 4 months ago by N. Fox

3.0 out of 5 stars Solitaire
This voice shows promise, and well done for that. Nice choice of songs.
Nothing really spectacular though - Laura Wright does this better.
She will grow her voice and the reality programme will help her but nothing outstanding.
Keep going Charlotte - you are so young and a way to go yet!
Published 6 months ago by Carolynn Hall

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Five Star Debut, July 30, 2014
This review is from: Solitaire (Audio CD)
I have thoroughly enjoyed this album and have purchased seven copies for friends and family. First from Amazon UK , Itunes and now from the USA. Charlotte Jaconelli's rich soprano voice is beyond beautiful. Her debut solo album offers a unique blend of the three genres she finds enjoyable. I particulary love the theatrical and classical songs which are perfect in every way. The pop songs are a delight and "Solitaire", the single, has never been sung like this by anyone else. "Pie Jesu" and "Laschia chio pianga" are performed like no other. Her use of vibrato is minimal and adds a crystal clear cut quality to the songs without distraction. "On My Own", from Les Miserables is very emotionally done. "Eliza Doolittle", herself, could not have sung "I Could Have Danced All Night" any better. I cannot say enough about this album as each day I play it, I find another song to love equally as the one I just heard.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice first solo album, September 6, 2014
This review is from: Solitaire (Audio CD)
Charlotte Jaconelli was part of Jonathan and Charlotte, a male and female duo on Britain's Got Talent. With differing interests in music, they have each gone their separate ways and "Solitaire" is Charlotte's first solo album and a very good one.

Where Jonathan's choice is opera, Charlotte is more interested in musical theatre, so on this album there are songs from shows and two opera pieces. Her lovely soprano voice is maturing and getting stronger and it seems to be better than it was on the duo album "Perhaps Love." I enjoy listening to this album for the showcasing of Charlotte's voice and I also love the songs she chose for it. Most of them are slower songs and more subdued, but the last song, "I Could Have Danced All Night" is a real showstopper and a great ending to the album. Charlotte really hits her notes right on key, no matter how high or low they are. Her voice is versatile and lovely.

The album cover is pretty, too. It has a beautiful picture of Charlotte and brings the idea of solitary home with the title of "Solitaire" and the fact that she is wearing a diamond solitaire pendant and solitaire earrings. It's like she's saying, "I'm on my own and loving it."

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous voice and a real interesting mix of songs., August 8, 2014
This review is from: Solitaire (MP3 Music)
Fabulous voice and a real interesting mix of songs. I thought the show tunes would be too much, but honestly I loved them. I find myself smiling every time I hear "I could have danced all night." But, my favorites are still the classical numbers. All in all, a balanced and beautiful album.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star CD Stunning vocals and technically perfect from UK Audio CD, July 31, 2014
This review is from: Solitaire (Audio CD)
Solitaire is a 5 star CD. Charlotte is technically perfect her vocal range from Alto to Soprano is stunning. Charlottes voice is crystal clear . Her notes in the high range soprano are pure, her voice does not waver nor crack. Charlotte produces the right amount of vibrato to match the song is performing. Charlotte is comfortable performing show-pop and classical works with ease. The song mix is interesting showcasing her ability to move from a common genera to heavy classical with ease. The duets were well done showcasing her ability to sing with another soprano and a baritone voice. "Feels Like Home" Charlottes haunting and lyrical voice one gets she is singing a fine line between folk and country western. "Solitaire" the Neil Sedaka classic is again performed using the same style as "Feels Like Home". Charlotte's and Sissel's version have set a high bar for any female artist who will consider performing or recording this work. "Pie Jesu" brings out Charlottes vocal clarity singing in the high soprano range with ease. Next comes the challenging and perfectly performed "Lascia CH.IO Pianga" . Charlottes performances of "Caro Mio Ben Char", "Pie Jesu" and " Lascia CH.IO Pianga" show she is perfectly able performing classical works note for note as written by the composers. Listening to Charlotte I sometimes feel she is a chameleon with her vocal abilities imprinting her own interpretation to make the song her own of course excluding classical works which she does not tinker with. Some will enjoy this versatility others will not. Music is a personal choice. Friends all with musical backgrounds for whom I played "Lascia CH.IO Pianga" said they had a feeling of peace and tranquility like being inside a Grand Cathedral hearing her singing. Lastly comes the no holds barred performance of " I could have danced all night" in the style of the great Ethyl Merman. Those not familiar with Charlotte should go to you-tube and watch 3 VEVO videos of her performing selections from the CD. Also watch Charlotte performing "Wishing you were somehow here again" at The Royal Albert Hall" the young lady rattles the rafters on this one. I love her final gesture. If you buy one CD this year this should be it. Did I mention I had 7 years experience in the vocal performing arts with 4 years formal training?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album with diverse song selection, August 4, 2014
This review is from: Solitaire (Audio CD)
Formerly part of the duo Jonathan and Charlotte, this album marks the debut solo release for Charlotte. Jonathan is working on his own solo album for release in October.

The songs seem at first glance to be an odd selection, suggesting that Charlotte is keeping her options regarding her ultimate career direction, but for now she is content to demonstrate her diverse capabilities with different types of songs, which are all covers.

The one song I'm fairly sure I've not heard before is I dreamt I dwelt in marble halls, but I'm not sure about the Handel piece Lascia ch'io pianga. Other than those two, it's all reasonably familiar.

Among the songs are I know him so well (from Chess, a duet with Kerry Ellis), All I ask of you (from Phantom of the opera. a duet with Daniel Koek), On my own (from Les miserables), When somebody loved me (from Toy story) and I could have danced all night (from My fair lady).

This is an excellent album that should help Charlotte's career.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miss Jaconelli has a very pleasant singing voice and I am very happy with my purchase, September 24, 2014
This review is from: Solitaire (Audio CD)
Charlotte presents us with a delightful solo release. Coming after two cd releases with her Britain's Got Talent partner, Jonathan Antoine, I wasn't sure what to expect. But, Miss Jaconelli has a very pleasant singing voice and I am very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, October 1, 2014
This review is from: Solitaire (Audio CD)
Love the choice of songs and the way Charlotte delivers them. Pure clean and on key. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, June 19, 2014
This review is from: Solitaire (MP3 Music)
for a first solo CD. I also agree with the other reviewer: your voice needs more training and some years of maturity. After all, you're only 19. But, oh, for such a young woman, you did extremely well, Charlotte! Please keep recording. Very much looking forward to more!

5.0 out of 5 stars I detect a shadow of Scotland in her voice and I love it. I'm sure she will advance to the ..., November 15, 2014
This review is from: Solitaire (Audio CD)
I have followed Jonathan & Charlotte since they first were on BGT. This shows the talent of Charlotte that was over shadowed by Jonathan. I detect a shadow of Scotland in her voice and I love it. I'm sure she will advance to the concert stage and musical theater.
I hope a US West Coast tour is in the near future, and a followup CD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Operatic Joy!, October 2, 2014
This review is from: Solitaire (Audio CD)
Her sound is much more full and her vocal range with power is excellent. Not sure her voice is unique enough for the long run, but her collaboration with Johnathan should add to her notoriety for now. With more and younger children and young adults singing opera, there may be resurgence in the years to come.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Solitaire
Solitaire by Charlotte Jaconelli (Audio CD - 2014)