Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez Storm Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 20, 2007 10:37:29 AM PDT
You know, I havent read the book, but I like the idea that we could all be eating too much fiber. But I see nothing about soluble vs insoluble fiber. Could it be that we are just eating too much Insoluble fiber? I go to www.helpforibs.com for some answers. Please email me at tomashley75@yahoo.com if you want.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2008 11:30:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Sep 26, 2008 7:51:41 AM PDT
You may review this link for more information on soluble vs. insoluble fiber: http://www.fibermenace.com/gutsense/chinashop.html
Konstantin Monastyrsky

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2008 4:27:42 AM PDT
Topaz says:
Mr. Monastyrsky, I would be interested for your view on Acacia Powder that is offered on that site the poster above mentioned. It is organic acacia, no fillers, and of course soluble. It seems to me that taking Acacia fiber would be a good alternative to traditional fibers? Would you consider this a "safe" fiber? I noticed one of your supplements has Acacia in it. I wonder if than amount taken in this supplement at helpforibs, which you gradually work up to (2-4 tablespoons twice a day, or the equivalent of 12-25 grams of soluble fiber supplement per day.) would be problematic for the bowel?

(P.S. The link above appears to be broken).

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2008 7:55:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 26, 2008 7:56:32 AM PDT
Sorry about that link. It's fixed now...

Acacia fiber is just as 'deadly' in these amounts as any other soluble fiber. We use trace amounts of it in one of our supplements to provide selective feed to intestinal flora, because that's essential for colorectal recovery, particularly in combination with VLC (very low carbs diet).

Please read that article indicated in the link to get a better handle on this issue. Remember, fiber is fiber no matter the source. Once it is inside your body, it doesn't know the difference.

Konstantin Monastyrsky

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 7:48:34 PM PST
I purchased Fiber Menace for Kindle and really believe that my severe diverticulitis is caused from me eating WAY TOO MUCH fiber, and I am so glad you wrote this book. Is there a list of the forbidden foods - and a list for acceptable foods, I can't seem to find it?

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 11:30:57 AM PST
Hi Christine,

Thank you for your interest in my book. In terms of protecting yourself from too much fiber, Just eliminate fiber laxatives and processed foods (i.e. fiber-fortified breads, pasta, and cereals), and you'll be fine fiber-wise, because natural foods are naturally low in fiber. If you are affected by IBS or IBD, google FODMAP diet, and that's your list. To find out a fiber content of any food, you can use this result: http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions