Published 9 months ago by Just another reader

1.0 out of 5 stars Too busy to be clear. The bottom line seems ...
Too busy to be clear. The bottom line seems to be "Just do it!" which isn't helpful of course.
Published 1 month ago by Eric Sarshad

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading about procrastination is also procrastination, so get this book and stop searching for the ultimate answer., November 20, 2013
I'm a chronic procrastinator on a journey to become a more productive and efficient person. In the last couple of months I've read a number of books on procrastination and this is the best so far. This is a concise book that offers practical advice on how to break our nasty procrastination habits (habits is the key word here). What I found particularly useful about this book, is that it also explains the cognitive and behavioural biases that underlie procrastination. This is particularly important to me, since I just can't do something if I don't understand the rational behind it.
Okay, I should stop procrastinating and get back to work now.

5.0 out of 5 stars specific techniques to stop procrastination, January 9, 2014
Practical fix-it-now techniques without in-depth research; act don't read. Also, this book is unique is showing the relation of procrastination and negative mood states.

5.0 out of 5 stars Help yourself!, January 11, 2014
This review is from: Solving the Procrastination Puzzle: A Concise Guide to Strategies for Change (Paperback)
I always tried to read a book on this topic. But they are always too long, so it is really easy to procrastinate reading them. But this book is very different. Very concise, very to the point, and gets to the root of the problem as quickly as possible. You can learn a lot in a very short time from this book. Recommend it to anyone who has problem with procrastination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Filling in those gaps, January 11, 2014
I've been relatively hesitant to buy books based on willpower or procrastination. Not because of an ego, but rather the books tend to address severe cases. I myself procrastinate, but in smaller ways. I have neither threat to my job nor relationships, but I know productivity could be better. In all candidness I've always feared I would 'burn out' by working too hard. I know this is possible, but even more with worries. I wanted someone, some book, to address this...and this book delivered. It's a short read (although I preferred to read it slower than the average '2 hours' assumed reading time by the author) but sweet! Some of the chapters were simple confirmations in my own life that I've achieved. Other chapters sparked deeper thought about my lifestyle and how I handle particular situations.

This book gets 5 stars because my outlook to battle procrastination has shifted in a more positive direction. I now do not need to second guess if I'm going to burn out. I do not need to hope my own thoughts were the best approach out there. This is what I paid for, this is what I received.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my Life, February 22, 2014
Von Roschke (Minneapolis, Mn USA) - See all my reviews
I've only gotten through half of the book, but this truly has been life changing. The strategies put forth in this book are extremely helpful, simple, and need to be used. I have found myself more productive than I ever have been in my life. It's actually increased my confidence significantly because I am assured I can now operate at my highest productivity level. One benefit I experienced was that if I didn't get something done, I know I already did everything I could.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do it now. You'll feel better!, February 1, 2014
The first book on beating procrastination that I've read which explains the psychological basis for the behavior and gives practical steps for change. Pychyl's book is a quick read with helpful excercises. I experienced immediate improvement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Want To Get Started--and Finish?, May 16, 2014
This book was so good that I had barely gotten through the first two chapters when I stopped procrastinating on my exercise routine by understanding that I don't need to be "in the right mood" to get started, that getting started creates the right mood. Six weeks later, I'm still walking an hour each morning (and several pounds lighter). Reading a few more chapters nudged me to stop procrastinating on writing my blog posts and delaying updating financial records because I now remind myself that my future self will thank me. Tim Pychyl does a superb job of showing how to apply the latest research on procrastination and goal setting with great examples and cartoons. When the thought of procrastinating enters my mind, I now realize I am being tempted to "buy time" but with a credit card with a very high interest rate. . . No way I'm gonna fall for that! So I get back on track. In short, don't delay in reading this book. It's worth ten times its price. I'll be giving it as a gift to several people--and it will get there on time, under budget.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific balance of information and real-life application, February 26, 2014
This book presented a lot of helpful information and research. It helped me zero in on some of the reasons I procrastinate, which in turn helps me to overcome my tendencies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't put off reading this, April 17, 2014
I've tried to read to other books on procrastination and ended up putting them aside to "finish later". They were heavy and long. This book is scientific but accessible and concise. I learned some stuff and actually recall little tricks when I catch myself reasoning why I don't or shouldn't do "x" now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too busy to be clear. The bottom line seems ..., July 8, 2014

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Solving the Procrastination Puzzle: A Concise Guide to Strategies for Change
Solving the Procrastination Puzzle: A Concise Guide to Strategies for Change by Timothy A. Pychyl (Paperback - December 26, 2013)
$12.95 $8.71