Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Solving the Procrastination Puzzle: A Concise Guide to Strategies for Change
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on November 20, 2013
I'm a chronic procrastinator on a journey to become a more productive and efficient person. In the last couple of months I've read a number of books on procrastination and this is the best so far. This is a concise book that offers practical advice on how to break our nasty procrastination habits (habits is the key word here). What I found particularly useful about this book, is that it also explains the cognitive and behavioural biases that underlie procrastination. This is particularly important to me, since I just can't do something if I don't understand the rational behind it.
Okay, I should stop procrastinating and get back to work now.
11 comment| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2014
I always tried to read a book on this topic. But they are always too long, so it is really easy to procrastinate reading them. But this book is very different. Very concise, very to the point, and gets to the root of the problem as quickly as possible. You can learn a lot in a very short time from this book. Recommend it to anyone who has problem with procrastination.
on May 16, 2014
This book was so good that I had barely gotten through the first two chapters when I stopped procrastinating on my exercise routine by understanding that I don't need to be "in the right mood" to get started, that getting started creates the right mood. Six weeks later, I'm still walking an hour each morning (and several pounds lighter). Reading a few more chapters nudged me to stop procrastinating on writing my blog posts and delaying updating financial records because I now remind myself that my future self will thank me. Tim Pychyl does a superb job of showing how to apply the latest research on procrastination and goal setting with great examples and cartoons. When the thought of procrastinating enters my mind, I now realize I am being tempted to "buy time" but with a credit card with a very high interest rate. . . No way I'm gonna fall for that! So I get back on track. In short, don't delay in reading this book. It's worth ten times its price. I'll be giving it as a gift to several people--and it will get there on time, under budget.
on January 9, 2014
Practical fix-it-now techniques without in-depth research; act don't read. Also, this book is unique is showing the relation of procrastination and negative mood states.
on February 22, 2014
I've only gotten through half of the book, but this truly has been life changing. The strategies put forth in this book are extremely helpful, simple, and need to be used. I have found myself more productive than I ever have been in my life. It's actually increased my confidence significantly because I am assured I can now operate at my highest productivity level. One benefit I experienced was that if I didn't get something done, I know I already did everything I could.
on January 11, 2014
I've been relatively hesitant to buy books based on willpower or procrastination. Not because of an ego, but rather the books tend to address severe cases. I myself procrastinate, but in smaller ways. I have neither threat to my job nor relationships, but I know productivity could be better. In all candidness I've always feared I would 'burn out' by working too hard. I know this is possible, but even more with worries. I wanted someone, some book, to address this...and this book delivered. It's a short read (although I preferred to read it slower than the average '2 hours' assumed reading time by the author) but sweet! Some of the chapters were simple confirmations in my own life that I've achieved. Other chapters sparked deeper thought about my lifestyle and how I handle particular situations.

This book gets 5 stars because my outlook to battle procrastination has shifted in a more positive direction. I now do not need to second guess if I'm going to burn out. I do not need to hope my own thoughts were the best approach out there. This is what I paid for, this is what I received.
on March 8, 2014
It was a quick read, which is important for those of us who tend to put things off (procrastinate)! It's got the basics so you can get down to business. If you want details, go elsewhere, but this was a great start for me and gave me some insight into the issues.
on February 1, 2014
The first book on beating procrastination that I've read which explains the psychological basis for the behavior and gives practical steps for change. Pychyl's book is a quick read with helpful excercises. I experienced immediate improvement.
on April 17, 2014
I've tried to read to other books on procrastination and ended up putting them aside to "finish later". They were heavy and long. This book is scientific but accessible and concise. I learned some stuff and actually recall little tricks when I catch myself reasoning why I don't or shouldn't do "x" now.
on April 21, 2015
This book is so FREAKING good!!! This book should at least have more than 500 reviews. This book is THE book for the procrastinator. It's short, to the point, has researched studies, and also has comic strips about procrastination. The author is a psychologist who has studied the subject his whole life. He also has a podcast on the subject in iTunes. If you procrastinate even sometimes, get the book. If you want to get more done, get the book. If you're a productivity geek, get the book. If you're a parent with a child that struggles with homework, get the book. It's so helpful. It's so good! This is a book I will read and reread for a long, long time.