5.0 out of 5 stars Short and To The Point, March 20, 2013
This review is from: Solving the Puzzles in Crosswords and in Life: Unravel the mystery of crossword puzzles with this easy guide to show the way. (Paperback)
Whether you are a novice or aficionado when it comes to crosswords, you will enjoy this book.It is an easy read which contains many helpful clues on solving crosswords and dealing with life. Don't pass this book up, just because you think you are an expert!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hints-a-plenty!!!, November 14, 2012
Such easy, simple hints that are worth their weight in gold! Loved this book! If you like crosswords you've got to get a copy. Easy to read, easy to use each and every hint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Informative, November 14, 2012
As a crossword novice, this guide gave me the nudge I needed to get serious about doing, and finishing, crosswords. Plus it was a hoot to read. Would recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Much More than a Book About Crosswords, November 14, 2012
I've been a crossword puzzle person for at least half a century. I always complete them in ink so my mistakes cannot be disguised. Whether it is an airline magazine puzzle, online puzzle, NYTimes Sunday puzzle, or wherever I can find one, I turn to the puzzle first.
So when I picked up Jan Pringle's little book I was not expecting to learn anything new about crossword puzzles. But Jan is a friend whom I admire and respect so I opened it and quickly discovered that this book is vintage Jan Pringle. This is far from a 'how to solve crosswords' book. It is a book about life and the insights Jan has discovered in her years of working with people. And, by the way, I even gained some new insights into solving crossword puzzles. I have given this book 5 stars because I believe it achieves its stated objective extremely well. I recommend it to you, for your own reading as well as a gift. Thanks Jan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love to solve puzzles? THIS IS YOUR BOOK!, October 24, 2012
The old adage that "good things come in small packages" applies here for sure! This delightful little book is loaded with tips on solving crossword puzzles. But, it is so much more than that . . . and knowing the author, as I do, to be a gifted trainer and communicator . . . this little book is about solving life's puzzles too. Presented in a clear and well-organized series of tips, the book is thoughtful and thought provoking. It is the "GESTALT" on this subject . . . and on life's little puzzles too. (If you are not sure what I mean by "GESTALT" . . . then you need to buy this book!) Treat yourself, or anyone you know who loves to solve the challenge of crossword puzzles, as well as any kind of life's little puzzles . . . . to this great little book.When I Was a Child: Based on a true story of love, death, and survival on the Kansas prairie

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, great advice for everyone!, October 24, 2012
I have had the pleasure of knowing Jan for 18 years and throughout this time she has always given great advice, with her usual wit, and this book is no exception. A quick read which invites the reader to try new ways of solving crossword puzzles. Brilliant. There are a couple which I will tackle immediately #33 good penmanship and #8 keep it short and to the point!
Great book for anyone who loves words/puzzles/writing. And who doesn't love any of those?

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, October 21, 2012
WOW, what a help this little book is! Not only helpful with crosswords but in life as well. Who'd have thunk it?

5.0 out of 5 stars Converted Crossworder!, November 13, 2012
Was given Jan's book as a gift and quite honestly, hesitated to open it. It was about crossword puzzles - and I don't have time for crosswords. With a lot of travel, I would see the crosswords in the back of the magazine and I read the paper nearly every day skipping the two crosswords that come in the FYI section every week. I would buzz right by them in my busy-ness. I happened to have the copy of Jan's book with me on a flight so I opened it not knowing what to expect. I devoured this snack of a book. And it was a snack with a kick - I enjoyed every minute. The author has a great method of writing. I finished the book on my first flight. On the second flight, instead of pulling out my iPad, laptop or Blessings Book, I flipped open the airline magazine to the crossword and finished my first crossword (with a blue pen I might add). Though crosswords haven't become a part of my daily rituals, my appreciation and enjoyment from these little puzzles increased dramatically from reading this book. I don't like to give 5 Stars because the Bible is my 5-Star, but for the subject, this book and the author capture it perfectly - both in educational content and enjoyable style.