Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on July 23, 2009
I have a fold down third row in my car and I wanted something that would be easy to move if I needed to use the third row. I also wanted something waterproof and easy to clean (think sandy beach toys, dirty sports equipment, shedding dog, etc)
This liner is perfect. If I need to use the third row I just roll up the liner and it fits behind the seats (not a possibility with a rubber liner). There are fixed velcro strips on one side of the liner which I actually stick to the back of the second row to create a lip to keep any dirt on the liner.
There are additional velcro strips included that you can attach to any part of the liner to make sure it stays in place. I havent used them. I like the fact that the edge closest to the hatch isnt attached to the floor so I can easily flip it up and access my SUV's storage compartment under the cargo area.
I do wonder if over time the velcro will start to pull/fray the material on the cargo floor/seat back if it is attached/removed many times but I'd much prefer that type of wear to stains, water damage and rips that might occur not using anything.
When you need to clean it, pull it out and shake it off. The material reminds me of a windbreaker-nothing seems to stick to it. It's very easy to wipe down.
I highly recommend it.

It has also come in handy many times that I've arrived at a little league game and realized I forgot a chair and the ground is wet. It's the perfect waterproof picnic blanket!
on December 14, 2009
I purchased this for my older dog who has "accidents". Anyway, the mat worked great the first time. However, as soon as I washed it the waterproofing material began to fall apart on the bottom side of the mat. I did not put in the dryer, only washed it. It is no longer usable as a waterproof cover. Do not buy this if you plan to wash it!!!
on July 20, 2011
We recently purchased a Santa Fe and wanted something to protect the cargo area from our three large, crazy, usually coming home muddy, dogs. We had previously owned the back seat version of this liner and had absolutely no qualms with it so we went with the same company and I am very glad we did. We bought a portable dishwasher from a friend and while we were transporting it back to the house, it leaked all over the cargo area!! No worries though, this liner didn't allow a single drop past it and kept the carpeting in the back dry as could be!! One added benefit to this item is that it dries super fast. Within 30-45 minutes of leaving the back door open and not even removing the liner, it was dry and there was no trace of water ever having spilled.

We have not tried putting it in the washing machine, but I am not sure that I would want to despite it saying washing machine safe. For starters, I wouldn't want something that has the potential to get caked with mud, urine and fecal matter in the same area where I wash my clothes. We always just hosed off our old one, added a little soap when/where needed and ended up with a clean looking and smelling liner.
on January 12, 2009
the liner is good quality material and workmanship.
Pro:
+ liner is heavy enough to prevent moving around.
+ velcro strips on underside help a lot.
+ liquid barrier on underside a plus, although not tested (i hope).

con (sort of):
+ i have a ford escape and the liner this size (didn't see any longer sizes on amazon) is not quite long enough. however, it's not a problem as i have had the front half of a dog hammock in use for some time to protect the backs of the front seats and it underlays the front of the new liner.
on August 24, 2011
This matte comes with velcro strips that have an adhesive backing to adhere to the flatbed of the car. But the heat of the summer warms up the glue leaving a sticky mess and a matte that just slides around. I would not buy a matte that relies on glue to keep the matte from sliding.
on June 27, 2014
I bought this for the cargo area of a Honda CRV. It is a decent fit. It goes about 15 inches up the back of the seats, and covers the carpet from side to side, although not the plastic edging. I have transported bags of topsoil on it and it has kept moisture from going through. I have washed it in my machine without any problem and see no sign of deterioration. I dried it on a line.

Only negatives are with the velcro. Most of the velcro on the sides can't be used on carpet because it is over the plastic and I do not want to stick the provided velcro loops onto the plastic and gum it up. It still holds in place well. Only one of the wider edges has a middle piece of velcro. I have that on the back of the seats, so it won't droop, but I have trouble keeping the other edge close to the tailgate and debris can get under in that gap. Most of all, the velcro is super strong. Plus, it holds in place even if you can't get all the pieces stuck down. Minus, if you shift the protector (remove to wash, reposition, put your seats down) it seriously tears at the carpet. Since I bought it to keep the carpet nice, this is a negative, but it is better than wet dirt on the carpet. I just won't move it unless really necessary.
on October 2, 2012
This product could be called any number of things but it certainly is not large enough to cover most (if any) SUV's and be called a cargo liner. A cheaper and far more substantial way to go is with a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet cut to size; or better still, not cut to size but cut a bit larger to where it will come up the sides of your cargo area for a little ways to keep the dirt and debris from falling into the cracks and crevices in your cargo area and also help protect the doors and handles in this area. All home improvement stores sell indoor/outdoor carpet by the inch in six-foot widths in many colors that will come close to matching your vehicle's interior,(not the green stuff that looks like astro-turf). This stuff is far more substantial and durable than this "cargo liner".
on February 21, 2016
Purchased to put over my bedspread when my elderly cat was having some urinary issues. This liner is very waterproof and a good price for the thickness, quality and dimensions of it - washable and very reusable, would even be handy to use for camping or a picnic - uses are definitely not limited to a vehicle alone. Nice product!
on May 30, 2011
I used it for a Toyota sienna. Just lay it down and when it gets dirty wash it. I also use it for dirty jobs like the mulch in bags. It comes with sticky tape but I didn't use it because my seats go up and down for groceries in the back.
on January 6, 2009
This is a great product for protecting your auto upholstery without spending big bucks on custom seat covers and cargo liners. We looked into seat covers for our Honda CRV and they were over $350. We really only wanted them to protect the upholstery from the dog. The Solvit Cargo Liner and Seat Protector do the job at a fraction of the price.