Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: Extra Small|Change

on June 23, 2013
I have three dogs, 10 lb. Havanese, 10 lb. Chihuahua mix, and a 20 lb. French Bulldog. They have 3 sets of these steps. This is the ONLY type they will use. I bought another type and they refuse to use it they act afraid of it. I think the reason is these Solvit Steps have sides to each step and prevent mishaps and stepping off sideways causing a fall. The sides protect their feet and keep them on target going up and down rapidly or in the night getting on and off my bed. They would not be good for a heavy dog I feel over 40 lbs. but for little guys are perfect. Super easy to unfold from the box NO putting together and best of all Made In America so you are supporting American Jobs. You can't beat the Amazon price and free shipping. It is a win win stairs for the little Fur Children. Posting a Video but the little devils run so fast up and down the stairs you can barely see the action.
review image
1616 comments|636 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon July 5, 2008
I have had these steps now for almost a year. I bought them thru Amazon and actually paid a little more for them then than they are now so that makes them an even better deal now.
They are sturdy, well built, easy to clean and a snap to fold and store.
Some people said that they found them to be wobbly or that their pet slipped off the side - That might be true if you can only use them in the direction they are shown in the picture however I turned them sideways so that one side of the bed was on the long side of the steps and my 8 lb dog and 13 lb older cat have no problem using them. Unless they have changed them since I bought mine, I was very impressed with how stable they are.
99 comments|515 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2011
We bought these pet stairs after buying a king bed that was just a little too tall for one of our beagles to jump onto. These were the tallest stairs I could find in a lower price range and overall they are great steps! After one day and a little training with treats, our beagle (25 lbs) was using them like a pro. They are very light weight but surprisingly sturdy. They are pretty compact but to save space we have them turned sideways against the bed and our dog has no trouble getting onto the bed that way.

The only con is that the non-stick pads are quite slippery. Our dog prefers to jump off the bed rather than go down the stairs because she ends up running down, trying not to fall off.
review image review image
11 comment|176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2013
My 18 yr old fat cat hasn't been able to jump up on beds for several years. We made adjustments for her at our house, but needed something for when we visit my parents' (yes, she travels everywhere with me). I was worried she would not use these because she wouldn't go near them when I put them by our bed at home. But once I put them in the guest house at my parents' she was like a kitten. On the bed, off the bed, on the bed, off the bed. She was happy happy happy!! And I was happy to once again have my cat hat to help me sleep!! Thank you for this great product. I LOVE that I can fold them and slide them under the bed when I leave. I may have to buy two more for our other favorite vacation spots!!!
review image
33 comments|162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2010
This is a great product. However, the dimensions posted in the details are incorrect. The correct dimensions are: 19.5" high, 15" wide, 23" deep (when expanded and set on floor), and each stair is 5.5" deep (front to back).

I'm so pleased that I'm going to order more. I was able to place this one in front of a window and because it is open underneath and when placed on the floor it doesn't interfere with my heater vent on the floor. I also like the height because it is higher than most. I'm ordering another one to put at the end of my bed; it almost reaches the top of my mattress making it safer for my older cats to go up and down the stairs.
66 comments|396 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought this for my two Poodle/Shiu Tzu 20-25 lb. pets to climb onto the very tall family member's bed. Naturally, I had to put their paws on it step by step a few times to get them used to it.
One was only slightly afraid of it at first & still goes slowly up it, but now he only needs a single simple verbal prodding (he tends to be lazy & want to be picked up.) He uses it to go down as well as he has shorter legs & the jump down must bother him enough to use it. The one who was terrified at first, she now races up it like it's nothing, but has longer, springy legs & does not need it to jump off.
It feels like it's barely a pound in weight & does move easily when pushed by a human, the leverage is great & center of gravity is nice & low to keep it stable.
It comes w/eight carpet-like sticky treads you see, four for now & four for future replacement. The "button" to lock it in place & push to close/fold is more a cheap latch that's part of the structure that sticks out. It says locked & you have to press very hard to close/fold it again.
For the price & convenience of something foldable & lightweight, it's great.
Edit: it's January '09 & still working fine, though we have never folded it. It is on a wood floor & will scoot a little when he would literally leap from the 2nd step instead of going all the way up, but does not with a small hop from the top. He still doesn't want to use it, but it's more that he likes being picked up/spoiled then mistrust. He goes up it when told to on his own totally, slow & most times now he just takes a big step to get on the bed from the top.
22 comments|236 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2013
I have a 20 year old cat (yes, for real) who struggles to get around but he loves being on the bed. I tried various forms of human step ladders for him and he refused to use them. I resorted to using an upside down laundry basket by the bed so he could make 2 smaller jumps instead of 1 huge jump. Then I found these! It took him a few hours to be ok with these steps but I think he loves them and it seems easier for him than jumping twice. It goes almost all the way up to the top of my mattress. Sometimes he is eager to get down and I notice him trip over himself a bit but overall these are wonderful. My 10 year old cat pays them no attention because he can still jump as high as he wants. Honestly, they aren't as steep as they look in some pictures which is a good thing. I'm thinking about getting him some for the couch but they might be a little too tall. In my pic, these stairs are the smallest ones. The middle one is the same stair but in XL
on March 3, 2015
Ordered this for my puppy. Small 2lb Yorkie. We have a King Size bed and its very high due to extra padding.
This worked perfectly when it arrived yesterday. When I placed the order, requested overnight delivery. It took 3 days, but Amazon refunded the overnight charges, so I am ok even if a little disappointed.
I used treats to train my puppy to go up and down the stairs, and she had it down in 15 minutes flat. The first couple of times of going down off the bed to the first step, she was hesitant, but once I helped her and she understood, she did it with ease and is flying up and down the stairs now.

Thanks to prior reviews, I put a rug under it and there is no sliding. The stair padding is an issue for some but feel as if should they come loose, I will just use Gorilla Glue and glue back down...simple...solved. The folding feature, means I can store it under the bed for when not in use, or to keep her off the bed when necessary.

Overall, I feel this is a great price to solve small animals getting onto higher surfaces with ease. A little training and advance prep and this product should fit your needs perfectly.
review image review image review image review image
on August 26, 2009
Being the owner of multiple 3- and 4-step "Doggy Steps®" in the living room (yep, our two dogs get to go on the sofa and loveseat -- which are kept covered, of course), I found I needed another when my new mattress raised the height of my bed and our 15-year-old dog could no longer climb up using the makeshift foam bolster ramp. Tried the 4-step Doggy Steps from the living room couch and it worked fine. Problem: They are no longer available.

Other options were VERY expensive, especially if shipped to Hawaii, since most sellers only ship UPS or FedEx 2nd day air and charge full rate.

Solution. The Solvit PupSTEP Plus Pet Stairs from Amazon.com to the rescue!

PROS: Easy to set-up (and easily folds down to 16" x 30" x 5½" for storage under a bed, etc., if needed), light, very sturdy (can support 120+ pounds), affordable (especially with Amazon.com free shipping -- THANK YOU Amazon.com, from Hawaii, where shipping is almost always an expensive problem). Also higher than Doggy-Steps (top step is about 6" higher above the floor), but same "footprint". Enclosed steps (siderails) safer than open steps.

The top step is 19" above the floor; Steps are 15" wide by 6" deep; and the front-to-back measurement of the unit when in use is 24".

CONS: Very low-pile carpeted steps are not as soft and slip-resistant as the sheepskin-covered Doggy Steps. Steps are steeper, but still can be navigated by older/smaller dogs with some practice and a little training.

I bought two!
0Comment|146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2015
I've had these stairs for a few weeks now. They come with peel and stick felt pads for the stairs - at first I thought they were extremely cheap and would peel off in no time, but they're still going strong. And my dog really runs up those things.

It is a very sturdy plastic construction, and is the perfect height for getting on the bed. I have attached a picture of my dog's circus routine if I have the steps pulled away from the bed. (For scale purposes, he is 53lb.)

For my dog, they were a life changer. He would get so agitated when he couldn't do the things my other (normal looking) dog did. He barks at us less, and a happy bulldog makes a happy home..?