5.0 out of 5 stars I Love my Power Hip Trainer!
Published on January 12, 2012 by Debra P

1.0 out of 5 stars Overated
Published 8 months ago by laura Mendoza

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love my Power Hip Trainer!, January 12, 2012
This review is from: Somax Power Hip Trainer (Misc.)
I love my Power Hip Trainer! I bought it in the winter of 2010 and worked on it off- and- on until mid-February when an injury unrelated to golf sidelined me for about 6 weeks. I started playing again in early April without training on my Somax, and I was hitting the ball better than ever, but not very consistently. So, I retrained on my Somax and WOW! I was hitting the ball very accurately, very long, and very consistently! I have gained two clubs on every shot....where I used to hit a six-iron, I am hitting an eight....my pitching wedge now replaces my eight iron!!!! I still have work to do, but that work will definitely include working out on my Power Hip Trainer! I tell everyone about it! Two of my friends have bought them!

When I bought my Somax, I was a 55 year old, Senior Women's player with a 6.7 index. I play in a lot of amateur local, state, and regional tournaments all summer. My goal for 2011 was to win my flight in a state tournament and to qualify for the USGA Senior Women's Amateur and make it to the match play rounds.

One year later, my index is a 4.2. I won first flight in the Ga Senior Women's Championship, won overall champion in a regional tournament, and won my club championship. I also had quite a few runner up showings. Didn't make it to the USGA Senior's Women's but I'm still working on my Power Hip Trainer! Hope to make it this year!

Thanks for a great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works For Me, December 25, 2011
This review is from: Somax Power Hip Trainer (Misc.)
I have owned this for almost 2 years now. My swing speed is definitely up. More importantly my slice is gone. I used to slice the ball horribly but since I swing much faster my slice is gone. My hips are definitely faster and they are much more flexible.
My chiropractor agrees with me. I would also recomend Somax Are You Flexible enough for Golf DVD. I go on the Hip Trainer and do the 4 exercises on the flexible dvd before I go golfing.The machine is well built and I would say it works for me and is worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, unique design, excellent hip/core trainer!, December 20, 2011
JB Woodland CA (Woodland, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Somax Power Hip Trainer (Misc.)
I am a mid-handicap golfer with back & overall flexibility issues. As such, the typical problems arise from not starting the downswing with my lower body. I've searched long and hard for a quality trainer that works to stretch and strengthen my core and hip flexors. Everything I looked at was either too cheaply built or simply didn't work the area I needed. Then I found this product. I was concerned about the price but took a leap and as of this date have had the Somax Hip Trainer for about 4 months. It is excellent! The product arrived quickly and is incredibly solid and well-made. The dvd that came with it thoroughly explained how to properly use the system. From basic warm ups to more advanced hip rotation firing exercises...I can't give this product enough praise. Plus, the owner of the company is available to address any questions you may have regarding use of the trainer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Somax Hip Trainer, December 27, 2011
This review is from: Somax Power Hip Trainer (Misc.)
Purchased my trainer approx a year ago and found it to be well made. My only critisism is that the cinch works loose and requires constant tightening but as you are always switching between exercises this did not bother me too much. Not sure if it was all the hip trainer but a short time after purchase and doing the exercises shot my all time low score of 64 closely followed by a 67(par 70).
I would recommend this equipment as it certainly raises the heart rate and works up a sweat. Using this plus doing a flexibility programme you can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent equipment and tremendous customer service, December 28, 2011
This review is from: Somax Power Hip Trainer (Misc.)
I have enjoyed the SOMAX PowerHip trainer for more than two years now. Not only have I significantly improved my "swing", but the continuous follow-up emails from SOMAX are worthwhile to examine current tour pros and their swings. As I started using the PowerHip trainer - was able to increase my driving distance from 220 to more than 275 yds, consistently. At $275, the PowerHip trainer is not only an excellent swing improvement device, but the continous updates from SOMAX are an excellent lifetime plus. If you're skeptical of golf improvement equipment, I recommend reading Bob Pritchard's "Efficient Golfer" as an excellent preview and examination of the golfer's swing prior to your investment in training equipment. Now go work on your short game!

5.0 out of 5 stars Power Hip Trainer, December 21, 2011
This review is from: Somax Power Hip Trainer (Misc.)
I've been training on the Somax Hip Trainer since June of 2011. A month later I came in 3rd in the State Senior Open with rounds of 69 and 73. My ball striking was incredible and if I only could have made a few more putts...who knows.
What's amazing is that I'm no longer looking for arm positions or the slot at the top of my back swing. This machine has given me a "Hip Awareness" whereas the sequence from the ground up, like the Rocket Sequence that Bob talks about, is key to speed, accuracy, and distance. When I start the swing with my forward knee, it simplifies down swing the swing and creates the proper lag needed for solid strikes.
As a High School Football Coach, 99% of my players have weak, stiff hips. By increasing their hip strength and speed, my players are getting in and out of their stances with ease, are quicker off the ball, have a stronger push off the line, and the backs seem to stop and turn on point. Not to mention the QB is using the same sequence in the golf swing to throw the football.
Frankly, the Power Hip Trainer is the best imvestment I've ever made when it comes to golf and fitness machines.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Hip Trainer and Exerciser!, December 21, 2011
This review is from: Somax Power Hip Trainer (Misc.)
I am a low handicap golfer who was looking for more distance! From great teachers, I learned that the lower body is the KEY. The faster you unwind your hips from the top of the swing into the downswing, the farther you will hit the ball. Try an experiment: Try throwing a ball into an open field using only your hands and arms, without any lower body. What happens? You get a crooked, short throw. Now try throwing using your lower body (like skipping a stone over water) and really step into it with your weight and lower body. What happens? Wow! The ball goes forever. The same with a golf ball. This Hip Trainer is GREAT at increasing the speed of your hips, so that you RIP through the ball. Keeping your hands and arms "powerless" and your wrists "loose," you unwind your hips FASTER and FASTER after using the Somax Hip Trainer for only weeks. I've been using mine for over a year, and I love it. It keeps my hips loose, trim, and fast! As an additional bonus, the machine is a great exercise machine for your hips and waistline. (I went from size 36 jeans to 32 in months.) My only concern about the construction is the waist cinch. Buy extra reinforcement cinch to keep the strap tight around your hips. Be sure to fit it properly around your hips, not your waist. Bob Prichard (designer and owner) provides awesome support and follow-up after your purchase of the Hip Trainer. He will have you hitting the ball straight and long--right down the middle. Finally--a great learning/teaching aid that I regularly use. With a smooth, faster hip turn, you will play the best golf of your life. Try finding this kind of training equipment at your local gym that will DO what this Hip Trainer does for your lower body. Not to be found, except at Somax Performance Institute. Kudos for the Hip Trainer, Bob and company!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, April 23, 2013
This review is from: Somax Power Hip Trainer (Misc.)
I have had the trainer for less than one week, using it two times in accordance with the instructions that came with it. It is a great product. The day after the first training session I helped my team win a four man scramble and first place price of a round of golf at a prestigious resort course. The day after the second training session I shot a 76 after not having broken 80 in several years.

Not too bad I would say for a 73 year old "youngster". After only two training sessions I am a least one club longer across the board and accuracy has improved also. I highly recommend this product to anyone who is struggling with distance and accuracy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Overated, April 16, 2014
This review is from: Somax Power Hip Trainer (Misc.)
I am not sure how this contraption received all those good reviews....maybe some of them are bogus. The machine is very basic - basically you are turning a metal spring. The problem is there is now way to really accurately control the resistance. If you start out in the neutral position for warm ups - it is too easy. To change the resistance you have to manually take out a pin and rotate the hip device 90 degrees. On my machine it is not symmetric so turning to one side is more difficult than the other. The video is pretty hilarious - they pretend like there are like 5 exercises when in fact you are doing to same thing over and over with a little twist. So my recommendation is save your hard earned money on something that is worth it......

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent way to Improve your game, The Hip Trainer is the best device in golf., March 9, 2014
This review is from: Somax Power Hip Trainer (Misc.)
I am a low handicap golfer who plays golf regularly. I have been using the Power Hip Trainer since 2009. Before using the Power Hip Trainer I use to hit 290 yard drives. I was looking to add extra yardage that could help me compete in golf tournaments.
I had been taught for many years that going to the gym and lifting weights would add distance to my drives. After getting bigger and stronger in the gym for 3 years I found minimal results and didn’t notice any improvement in my yardage. I actually lost flexibility. After struggling for several years I decided to look for something different. I found the Hip Trainer I was finally able to work the right part of the body that helped me improve my golf swing and distance. After a few months I started hitting an average of 350 yards, with some all the way out to 380. I also started hitting my drives straight. I was hitting about 50% of my fairways at 290. Now at 350 I am hitting about 90%. My greens in regulation also improved as I was hitting my irons solid and straight. My friends and people at the club are astonished by my drives and the way I am compressing the ball. The Power Hip Trainer is one of best investments I have made to improve my golf game. I would recommend it to anyone that is interested in improving their game and hitting the ball longer. To get maximum results I recommend working on the exercises as instructed in the DVD.

Somax Power Hip Trainer