Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 19, 2012
Normally, I do not read murder, mystery suspense novels, I normally figure out who did it half way through, but not with this book. The descriptive settings and characters had me on the edge of my seat, trying to figure out how all the pieces fit together. They did in the end, and I enjoyed reading it immensely.
on December 24, 2012
The story is narrated by Joe Costa who says what's on his mind and is rough around the edges. He's a lawyer and his goal is to find the killer of his friend, Max Gentry, who he loaned five-hundred dollars to just before he was murdered.

Not long after that he's hired to defend two people who are accused of murdering the former band member. Determined to find out what happened, he takes things into his own hands hoping to find the person responsible.

I'm afraid of telling too much, but I will say there are great subplots, and it kept my interest.
As a lover of crime fiction, I would suggest this book to anyone looking for a novel that will keep you guessing and wanting more of Joe.
on November 29, 2012
Some Kind of Genius: Murder in Mission Park (Joe Costa)

Just finished reading Some Kind of Genius Murder in Mission Park by Henry Simpson

I really enjoyed this story. It was a great read. The characters were well developed and likeable. The plot was witty, intriguing and kept my attention throughout. I love how the mystery followed several twists and turns. I'm a mystery buff, and I think you've got a real winner here. I also like how it was left it at the end, giving the hint that we may be seeing more of Joe Costa in the future. Overall, it's an excellent story, one I enjoyed thoroughly.

CL Hughey
on May 3, 2015
I absolutely love this series and while I am reading them out of order I am never clued in to ruin an unread book. The books easily stand alone.
When Joe meets a homeless man occupying the fountain outside his office he is surprised it is his old friend and band mate Max Gentry. A combination of drugs and insanity have left Max on the outskirts of polite society. His sudden reemergence after almost 20 years has other old band mates coming out of the woodwork for a variety of reasons.

A murder brings in more great characters like the former gang member turned mechanic and Max's parents and brother. Joe's Marine DI dad, is visiting and causing Joe angst.

The book moves quickly and the suspects jump around like the lady in a game of 3 card Monte.

This book does contain some graphic violence which my disturb sensitive readers.
on December 6, 2012
First of all, don't let the cover of this book fool you.
Sure, I love dogs, but this novel has so much more to offer. It is a complex story, and one that I could follow (even better). I love stories that draw you in, and make you believe you are living inside it. The characters are realistic, sometimes humorous, and even heartbreaking. I hope there are more Joey Costa books to come.
Henry Simpson is an author to watch.
on December 12, 2015
I hope this writer writes as long as I read. This is one of the best stories I have ever read. All the characters were easy to like, even the bad guys. Joe Costa has an easy way about him self as do all the characters. Every one that came into the story had a sense of humor. Very good investigation. ENJOYED THE STORY EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. Thanks.
on August 4, 2015
Very Great mystery of who done it, and why. This involves a dog to help sniff out the culprit, or maybe more culprits.
I would recommend this to any one who likes dogs, and a mystery, and a bit light hearted reading. I will be looking for more books by Mr.Simpson.
Thank you so very much for this free to me book.
on July 25, 2015
An interesting read. Cover shows a dog but the do is gone by the middle of the story. The true hero is almost a secondary character in the plot line. Many characters are introduced and then fade from the story line with little to indicate where they have gone. The conclusion has a small twist but the title is miss leading.
on October 17, 2015
I really liked this story because it followed a straight story line, with a cast of unforgettable characters, including the dog. Very informational in terms of the military processes and court procedures. All the readers who enjoy passive psychological thrillers will enjoy this book because it takes you into the mind of the sociopath. A character trait we don't hear too much about these days. For me, it prompted more study into psychiatry and it's many twists! So to me, it deserves a 5 star.
on January 30, 2016
Enjoyed this book very much. It's out of my normal genre, but I wanted to read something new. I'm glad I did. I loved how the twist and turns gave differing ideas as to who and what was really going on. Read it...