Customer Discussions > Lion King [Blu-ray] forum

Some issues with this new release

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 24, 2011 12:18:06 PM PDT
TLK is one of the best Disney movies and one of my favorites. I will definetely buy the BD version but I have some issues with this release:

First, it seems that this Diamond Edition will only have one BD (like Bambi) instead of two. This is inexcusable for a new film like TLK. Like with Beauty and the Beast, TLK's filmmakers are alive and Disney should better give us a lot of awesome content and documentaries because the Platinum DVD was a complete letdown in term of bonus features.

My second issue is that Disney is pushing the 3D format buy giving an $8 coupon discount with that release. Why they will give only the 3D combo a coupon and not the standard one? After all TLK was never filmed in 3D and for the majority of us who don't want to bother with that gimmicky format is a complete dissapointment that they are not giving incentives to us. After all, BD has just becoming to outshine the DVD and they already are pushing another thing down our throats.

Posted on Apr 24, 2011 12:29:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2011 3:27:56 PM PDT
Well Blu-ray's can hold much more information than DVD's, so it's possible that there will be a good amount of special features, as The Lion King does not have a really long runtime. Although, Bambi is much shorter than The Lion King (by about 20 mintues), so we might be in for a letdown.

Also, I'm upset about the coupon situation, too. I just read the email from Amazon and I was a little disappointed, as I have no interest in the 3D version of the blu-ray.

Posted on Apr 24, 2011 1:08:50 PM PDT
N. Yadav says:
Well, I'm guessing Disney spent so much $$ to enhance the 3D version of the film that they hadn't any left for bonus content. If that is so, it's the worst excuse of all time.

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 6:55:42 PM PDT
Missy says:
I'm pretty sure Disney is going to give a $8 or $10 off upgrade coupon; they have done this with the majority of their re-releases.

As far as bonus content go, they'll probably have the same content that they had on the TLK platinum edition, with (fingers crossed) a couple of new things.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2011 8:12:45 AM PDT
The sad thing is that most of the Platinum content was carried over from the 1995 laserdisc and the new things was that lame new song and the production of the Broadway Musical. I'm really hoping they will produce an interactive state of the art documentary in the same vein as the Hyperion Studios in Snow White, Beyond Beauty in Beauty and the Beast and Inside Walt's Story Meetings-Enhanced Edition in Bambi. That will be really cool!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Lion King [Blu-ray] forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Apr 24, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 27, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Lion King
The Lion King by Matthew Broderick (DVD - 2011)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (2,018)