Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on January 24, 2012
I'm positively obsessed with this song.

I love the build-up from the softly spoken words to full on singing.

The line "You can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness." gets stuck in my head.
on January 30, 2012
I am in love with this song. There's something about it -- the beat, the words, I dunno. Just fantastic.
on January 29, 2012
I am so glad this song is now available for mp3 download. There have been a lot of youtube covers of this song and a even artist that cover this song and try to sell it as their own here on Amazon. Dear RIAA make something worth buying and people will buy it Stop trying to ruin the internet
on February 7, 2016
I don't love this song, but it is my niece's favorite song. Literally you can barely audibly hear it and she perks up "IT"S MY SONG" so of course I had to have it available for when she visits
on December 12, 2015
Man, this song got a ton of airplay on mainstream alternative radio. Really toed the line of soft rock and alternative. Not really my cup of tea and kind of found the song graining of this "Sting" wannabe. I will admit though it does have a catchy hook which is why it garnishes 3 stars from me.
on October 15, 2014
I had heard this song before and like it. Then I heard it done on Transparent! (great show!) and MAN, the actors did such a great job of it I just had to download the original version! Wish I could find those two guys, Jeffrey Tambor and ?, doing it...uh, I'm referring to the song...DOING THE SONG...on Youtube or maybe someone will cut an album of all the songs on that great show!!!
on June 17, 2014
When I heard this song the first time, I had to turn up the volume, to hear more clearly the unusual instruments. Also, I like the duett, Gotye is soft and then so strong in volume and in words, but what astonished me was the angelic voice of the women he accuses and her using such hard words. I still love this song as when I heard it the first time. Totally, a keeper, and I am a senior! My daughter was surprised that I would like a song like this.
on June 15, 2014
It seems like all the mp3 songs I get from amazon have a quiet volume compared to songs from itunes. That is a bit aggrivting when you make a mixed cd combining all of them. But this song seems especially low in volume. When it comes on, I always have to turn the volume way up. Other than that, I give the song itself 5+ stars, Love it!
on February 15, 2013
This song is quite addictive. Yes, the lyrics powerfully, and obviously, speak to the human condition--loving and love lost--but there is an ephemeral quality in the music and performance that is tender and quite hypnotic. The raw emotion and purity of emotional expression, ardently blossoming in song, is creative expression from the heart and Soul. By both Gotye and Kimbra, the evocative words punctuated by soulful feeling resonance, are was made this song a hit and Grammy winner. ❤ it! The video is also very beautiful and powerful, and quite artistic. This is a great song to deepen into one's own creativity and create by. Open your heart and Soul and take this song in and see where your are will take you. Happy listening~*
on June 24, 2014
I've looked for this song and apparently there are other versions. This is the song on the radio that we all love. It features the girl part sung by Kimba. I love the melody, the tempo of this version (compared to the other version), the story in the song, and the softness and intensity of the singers.