5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!!!
Published 14 months ago by Luciann Barry

2.0 out of 5 stars Good message - poorly put together
This movie could have and should have been more than what it was. It was an alright movie I suppose if you want to kill time, but for the money? not worth it to me :) it has a very ironic (no- more like super ironic) plot and is 100% predictable. The acting could have been better. Sad that it did not meet my expectations.
Published 7 months ago by B.M.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!!!, July 12, 2013
This review is from: Somebody's Child (Amazon Instant Video)
I usually don't comment about the quality of movies that I've viewed online, but with this one I've decided to make an exception. First, I loved the concept of the story line and I think that it was well written, acted, and that the flow of the movie was well orchestrated from scene to scene; from beginning to end. NEVER a dull moment! At least in my humble opinion. Besides the exceptional story line, there were three additional things that I appreciated about this movie. 1. The mostly all black cast. 2. The wholesome, good-feeling, I can watch this movie with my family theme. 3. Finally, the fact that this movie had a spiritual and life message that could be received by both young and old. I must say, that I have developed a quiet confidence with the movies that I've seen that were created and produced by "One Village Entertainment," and "Swirl Productions." I know that they're not littered with profane language or sexual overtones, and that there is always some type of spiritual and life message that is nicely weaved throughout the movie. These two growing companies are creating a brand that truly sets them a part from the rest. I recommend this movie for anyone who wants to watch something that is well put together, with good acting, and a great message with a powerful ending.

4.0 out of 5 stars Family gathering, June 18, 2013
This review is from: Somebody's Child (DVD)
I really love this movie. Two brothers miles apart and one mother that never forgot.
This is an excellent Sat night stay at home movie. Instead of paying $12.00 per person to go to a show sit back and put your feet up because this movie is very heartwarming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Someboby's Child, May 27, 2013
This review is from: Somebody's Child (DVD)
this is a very moving movie anyone having children should see this movie, I do recommend this movie. I really believe you will love this movie as much as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Touching Movie, May 15, 2013
This review is from: Somebody's Child (DVD)
Constance Rivers (Lynn Whitfield) has health problems, but she is not focused only on herself; she cares about the needs of others. Her son, Douglas (Michael Jai White) owns a restaurant and when Constance meets an ex-con in need of a job, she convinces Douglas to hire him.

I watched Somebody's Child on GMC (Gospel Music Channel) months ago. It left me thinking about how God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose - Romans 8:28. It is a touching movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST SEE MOVIE!!!!, June 8, 2013
This review is from: Somebody's Child (DVD)
This movie will renew your faith in all things and how a mother's love is forever, even though things that happen in her past came in the present for her good and how God's divine and perfect plan came forth.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT MOVIE!, May 26, 2013
This review is from: Somebody's Child (DVD)
This movie was very touching! A MUST SEE! I wish that the movie kept going the ending was beautiful! I am very pleased the actors were great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Second Chances, August 9, 2013
This review is from: Somebody's Child (Amazon Instant Video)
This was a very good movie. The acting was amazing and the story line is one we can all learn from. Forgiveness and love are the two most powerful tools one could ever have. This movie is going in my permanent collection. A+++++

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching, July 29, 2013
This review is from: Somebody's Child (DVD)
somebody child was a very touching movie. I love the movie because it gave hope that a mother's love is forever in bloom despite the circumstances God has a plan for all of our lives. throughly enjoyed the movie

5.0 out of 5 stars Unrealistic, but a Feel-Good Movie, June 29, 2013
This review is from: Somebody's Child (Amazon Instant Video)
This is one of those wouldn't-it-be-good-if-life-worked-out-like-that movies. The story is principally about faith, love, and endurance. I like the FACT that the black men in the film were not angry or connected to some gang. I like that the movie showed the universal humanity of us all in a clean, self-supporting environment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christian movie for any audience, July 24, 2013
This review is from: Somebody's Child (DVD)
This is a great movie for these times. Many are growing up in single-parent families and this movie shows both the trials and joys of such situations.

Somebody's Child