5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy and fun!!!
Once again, Christina Dodd kept me up late reading. I just couldn't put this book down. If you only buy one book this month, make it SOMEDAY MY PRINCE!!!
Published on August 11, 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing bordering on insulting
i devoured this book last night and was so freaked out by the end i came onto amazon to see what others were saying. i usually love ms. dodd, but i felt an alien finished the book that began so wonderfully. if a man betrays you and your country, lands you (a princess) in jail for a week, and foments a war, it is NOT romantic to have sex (in jail) upon his reappearance...
Published on February 11, 2000 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Someday my Prince, October 14, 2013
Loretta Lewis (Colorado Springs, CO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Someday My Prince: Princess #2 (The Princess Series) (Kindle Edition)
This book was a little predictable, but it was easy to read and the writer captured my fantasies. I am a sucker for happy endings.

5.0 out of 5 stars An oldie but goodie, July 30, 2013
hippie hoppie (panama city beach ,fl) - See all my reviews
I ordered this older book because I wanted to read the series and I couldn't get it at the library. It was great. Christina developed the characters perfectly and I didn't want it to end.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still a good read despite hero, May 10, 2004
Crown Princess Laurentia knew it was her duty to choose a suitable husband, in order to produce an heir to the throne of Bertinierre. But she had been down the matrimonial road once before, and it had been disastrous. Now at twenty-five, she is a widow, and still a virgin. Her father, King Jerome, has invited potential suitors from far and wide, hoping someone will capture his daughter's attention. He wants nothing more than love and happiness for her. Laurentia has found no one the least bit interesting, until she meets Prince Dominic.
Prince Domonic is the illegitimate brother of the king of neighboring Sereminia. Not only that, but he's a mercenary, and the black sheep of the family. Due to recent threats to the throne, Laurentia's father hires Dominic to protect his daughter from harm. But who will protect Laurentia from the undeniable desire Dominic elicits from her, despite her efforts to escape it? And will he prove to be the one love she has been searching for, or will his debt of honor end in betrayal of the beautiful princess?
This is the sequel to THE RUNAWAY PRINCESS which I've yet to read. While this was an enjoyable story, it wasn't one of my favorites by Ms. Dodd. Mostly due to the hero being rather harsh and brooding, with a hidden agenda of betrayal. From what I understand, Dominic was introduced in the first book, and he was far from nice in it. Laurentia is a likeable, intelligent, and strong willed heroine. There are moments of humor here and the love scenes are quite sensual. As for a recommendation, if you're a Dodd fan like me, I'd recommend reading this one. However, if you've never read anything by this author, I'd recommend beginning with the Governess Bride Series, or THAT SCANDALOUS EVENING, rather than this selection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent historical romance, June 15, 1999
By A Customer
In May 1829, the Crown Princess of Bertinierre, Laurentia, turns twenty-five. As the heir to the throne to the small Mediterranean kingdom, Laurentia worries that she must soon marry and produce the next generation. None of the aristocracy paying tribute to her beauty fits the bill of her prince.
That lonely feeling changes when Prince Dominic arrives at court. Dominic behaves like a mercenary rather than royalty. However, in light of recent acts against his throne, Kin Jerome worries about the safety of his daughter. The monarch hires Dominic to protect Laurentia. For the first time in her life, Laurentia feels she has met someone who comports himself as her equal, not a slobbering servant. Soon they fall in love. However, Dominic insists that her princely mate will someday come, but that it is not him. Laurentia has her work cut out to prove to her bodyguard that he is her Prince Charming.
Anyone who has had the pleasure of reading a Christina Dodd historical romance knows they have been treated to a royal novel. The books are always excellent. The great author's newest tale, SOMEDAY MY PRINCE, is a fabulous story that never slows down for a moment. The heroine is in trouble by enemy forces who want to control this strategic country. Under fire, her bravery, level-headedness, and kindness make her a magical character who will attain much acclaim for the author. Dominic is dangerous and intrepid, but loyal to his loved ones. These two protagonists take a well-written historical romantic intrigue and add humor, depth, and warmth. This combination turns the novel into a sure award winner for Ms. Dodd.

Harriet Klausner

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read., February 13, 2014
Usually I can figure out who the villain is way before the book tells me. In this book that was not the case. I loved the book and once I got into the story, I just could not put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not so bad., January 19, 2005
I have read both books in the series, how they are suppose to go. And yes, Dominic was not a good guy in the first book, but was not all that bad. Not as bad as some villans. He sparked interest in what would happen to him and his book jumps up 13 years. So, he is not the same. He is more of a ruthless character that has had the bad end of the stick for his whole life. You get a good background of Dom in The Runaway Princess and then in Someday My Prince, you get more of his story which is not a good one at all. Dom has led a hard life and did what he had to do to get by. Because of his life, it makes him an ok hero. He had to learn the hard way, but instead of being a really bad apple, he tried to keep whatever honest qualities that he could and still live his hard life. That is why he gets so hung up on giving his word. When that is all you have it has to mean something. I liked that he had a depth to his feelings that was like a hidden well. He was not the average hero, but neither was his pain. He could have been worse then he was and done worse. He stillhad some morals. I liked it, gave it five stars and would reccomend it as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised this isn't more well liked . . ., May 28, 2010
With nothing to read I went throuh my old books and found this classic. I am quite surprised it is not rated higher. Dominic is a mercenary highered to seduce and betray Princess Laurentia by her enemies. He is highered as her body guard and so the story begins. I found Dominic to be the ultimate alpha male. Yes he does betray her but she doesn't automatically forgive him as suggested in prior reviews. He has had many hardships and when on his last legs made a vow to provide for the ones he cared about. He also has a strong sense of following through on his commitments and even Laurentia says she would betray him if it came down to him or her country. This is a different mentality, where vows made and country come before love. What would Dominic be without his honor? He had nothing else. By following through on commitments he showed he would ultimately commit to Laurentia without fault. I liked how Dominic refused to give Laurentia up even when all seemed hopeless. This is what someone raised with little love would do. Cling hopeless to a love without hope. I enjoyed this book greatly and have it on my keeper shelf

5.0 out of 5 stars rich layered, February 2, 2014
Excellent characters
Twists and turns
Excellent writing... Wonderful heroine and hero. I enjoyed the book. Couldn't put it down until done

5.0 out of 5 stars *sighs with longing*, May 28, 2000
I really should stop reading romance books..it just wants to make me fall in love but I seem to be failing to do that. I love this book by Christina Dodd...this proves that no matter how much you hate..there is still redemption and peace for those people.
I truly recommend this lovely book..the story is enchanting...the two main characters are so complex that it just makes you want to peel them layer by layer...

5.0 out of 5 stars book review, November 27, 2012
Great book! Well written and a good story line. This is a great author and I've enjoyed everything I've read by her.