5.0 out of 5 stars a delightful and hilarious memoir for all princess lovers
Published on January 21, 2008 by M. Tanenbaum

3.0 out of 5 stars Anglophile? Royal Watcher? Princess? This One's for You.
I'd like to gush over this clever and quirky memoir. I'd love to say that every woman needs to pick up a copy and get in touch with her inner princess. But I'm not sure all women should encourage the inner princess to think for them.

Jerramy Fine is a charming writer. At times engaging to the point of reader risk of a Debritt's breach while attempting to eat...
Published on December 7, 2009 by Kelly Klepfer

5.0 out of 5 stars a delightful and hilarious memoir for all princess lovers, January 21, 2008
M. Tanenbaum (Claremont, CA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I found this book purely by accident while searching for something else on Amazon and enjoyed it so much that it has inspired me to post my first review! This true story of a princess-obsessed American who is certain she is fated to marry into Britain's royal family captured my imagination so much that I read the entire book in one evening. The author's intelligence and self-deprecating sense of humor is what makes the book so delightful.
This book is suitable for teenagers as well as adults and is sure to enchant anyone who has dreamed a big dream, however ridiculous it may seem to others.

Highly recommended--this book is sure to make you laugh and provide entertainment as well as food for thought (for example, the author's insights into upper-crust British society were fascinating as was her affectionate portrayal of her very quirky hippy family in Colorado).

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to read - modern day royal romance, January 10, 2008
"Jerramy Fine writes romantic comedy with effortless hilarity as you join her transatlantic search for a bona fide English prince. Destined to become a weed-smoking hippy vegan living on a commune in Colorado, the author rejects her counterculture roots and follows her heart - catapulting herself to the center of London society. She charms her way through The House of Commons, royal receptions and countless dates with Hugh grant look-alikes - but will she ever meet her royal soulmate? By far, the funniest and wittiest memoir I have ever encountered - highly recommended for all anglophiles, royalists and any small town girl that believes in the power of dreams."

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Fairytale with a Twist, January 10, 2008
Jerramy Fine's hilarious memoir is a 21st century twist on a classic fairytale, taking the reader on a rollicking journey from hippie cabins in Colorado to gilded halls in London. Can a modern American girl defy her bohemian parents, fight social injustice, wear pearls and learn old-fashioned English etiquette all at the same time? Will she finally find her English prince? Will he call her back?

5.0 out of 5 stars Read about her run ins with the royals! Fave book in a long time!, January 10, 2008
Upon finishing this unique novel, I felt the immediate earge to write a review. Jerramy Fine's heartfelt memoir takes the reader into the mind of a young American woman seeking out what she feels is her royal birth right. The book is very relatable- I think a lot of young women as "grown ups" still have that sneaking desire to be a princess, but Jerramy's adventure shows us that we have to find the princess in ourselves. I was so moved and amused by this book all at the same time! The juxtaposition of her eccentric small town upbringing and her life-long love affair with English aristocracy is brilliantly witty, honest and amusingly educational for those who wonder what life in the UK is really like. I've never heard a personal story like this one- so full of funny real life situations, run ins with royalty and true ambition. Pick it up- you'll be moved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Someday My Prince Will Come, January 20, 2008
Ralph E. Bennett (Las Vegas, Nevada) - See all my reviews
I'm quite proud to say that I know Jerramy's mother and have only the highest regard for her, so I was perhaps a bit biased in my desire to read `Some Day My Prince Will Come', as that generally isn't a title that would appeal to a heterosexual 70-year-old male. As I read the story in one sitting, I would have to say I found the tale to be quite captivating, interesting and entertaining. I would also have to say that Jerramy has the tenacity to follow her heart, a trait for which the English Bulldog is well known. I believe that in the course of her journey she has come to realize royal titles do not necessarily a prince make and that one is not born into nobility nor is it conferred, but a lifelong journey of thoughts, words and deeds. Jerramy mentions a quote of an unknown that I found inspiring and something that we should all aspire to and I paraphrase, "The only person we should aspire to be superior to, is the person we were yesterday." Those, who know us best, must decide if we are worthy of being known as a noble person. It is more than evident that Jerramy is a very intelligent and talented young person with a gift for the written word. I wish her continued success and a life filled with peace and happiness in her quest for the `Light'.......Ralph Emerson Bennett, Jr.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Most Dynamic Heroines to Date ! SMASHING !!!, January 14, 2008
In this loveable memoir, the heroine with some serious gusto and fervor for living life, Miss Jerramy, invites you to become fully engaged in her adventures across the US, across the Atlantic to the Land of Hope and Glory ( the primary setting of the story ), and all the way to India. Wow !
You are given a highly coveted, engraved (and very behind the scenes) invitation to the swankiest of London and Oxford affairs where popular and gossipy social conquest magazines like the Tatler can get about as far as their noses pressed right to the window for a sneak peak at lives of enchantment. Lucky you ! There are absolutely too many fantastic scenarios and richly drawn characters (including one seriously batty flatmate whose antics will blow your mind) to pack into your "perfectly smart" Tod's oversized hobo.
Jerramy's inspiration and chutzpah truly captures your heart and ignites your soul's quest for freedom, love, and destiny ! You may even consider opening up the 'ole scrapbook where you kept your half fulfilled dreams safe for a rainy day and hop on the next plane to wherever your dreams need to take you !
The crash course in anything and everything aristocratic and royal is entertaining, however, "Someday My Prince Will Come," will do so much more for your soul than you bargained for !
If you want to be swept off your feet by Miss Jerramy ( she swept Peter Phillips off his feet ! ), than please read this treasure of a novel !
Oh, and aside from the heartwarming inspiration.....you will be laughing out loud a lot, this tale is a relentless panic !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read for anyone who has a dream..., January 14, 2008
I am always in the market for an uplifting book....one that will make me feel good after reading it, leave me with a sense of good will, eager to do the right thing both for the world and myself. This is one of those books!! I felt like I was perched on a Louis the IX chair sipping milky tea and eating a scone while Jerramy told me all about her life, and I wanted to hear more!! I was disappointed in only one thing - when it ended...when is the next one coming out?? (Clearly I am an over-scheduled American). Thank you Jerramy for sharing your amazing talent with the world!

5.0 out of 5 stars From Pitchforks to Princes, January 11, 2008
Imagine life where you aspire to be a princess and your parents are hippies who practically live in a tee-pee. Where you are convinced as a young child that you sat on a royal court in a previous life? And where you tracked the marital status of the world's princes to keep inventory of the eligible royals?

Jerramy Fine's memoir takes you through her wacky, fun, and unpredictable journey for her quest to become a true princess. You won't be able to put this book down! Her life story is unique, charming, fun, and fresh. I loved it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jolly good read!, January 24, 2008
Amazon Customer (Santa Clara, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I grew up in London and am now living in California, so it was interesting to read about the adventures of someone transplanting the other way. Jerramy's writing is fun to read, I loved the stories of growing up in a small town in Colorado and the difficulties of meeting real English people in London! Having lived on both sides of "the pond", I know Jerramy's observations are spot on. And through it all is the wonderful message that if you set your sights on something, and believe, anything can happen.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Book Ever!!!, February 18, 2008
This is my favorite book in the entire world...! This is the true bible for all of us Princesses, from all over the world... For years, I have struggled with my addiction to gorgeous, upper class British men, and now, finally I have found a book that perfectly describes my plight, in great detail!! This is a must read for anyone that has an interest in royalty, and the upper class British elite! A fascinating read from beginning to end, you will want to take it with you on the plane as you fly to London; as you drive through the English countryside in your Aston Martin, or on that midnight martini trek to Annabel's....

Someday My Prince Will Come: True Adventures of a Wannabe Princess
Someday My Prince Will Come: True Adventures of a Wannabe Princess by Jerramy Sage Fine (Paperback - February 3, 2009)
$15.00 $11.82