Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 2, 2011 8:29:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 2, 2011 8:30:48 AM PDT
John Koe says:
The worst thing that can happen to a book series such as the Sigma force series is to become predictable, and I'm afraid these books are starting to become predictable, especially the action scenes.

Don't get me wrong the overall plots are top-notch unbelievable, but the individual "fight scenes" are getting rather too predictable, because nobody major dies. These books are becoming very structured and formulaic. A character gets in a perilous situation, situation grows worse, then at the last minute, they escape and survive. Sure some background characters die, but who cares about them anyway? I'm starting to just flip through the action scenes because they really don't matter. They are just placed there as a forced means to create intensity.

Now I love all the characters; I think they are all interesting in their own right, but killing just one, really ups the ante in these "fight scenes" and can really bring back that initial spark that the first couple of books in the series had. (the spark died out when Rollins brought back Monk because it revealed he didn't have it in him to kill off a major character)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Aug 2, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 2, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Devil Colony: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels)
The Devil Colony: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels) by James Rollins (Hardcover - June 21, 2011)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (1,037)