Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games

Something About Faith
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:$11.57+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

4.5 Stars
It's been a long time coming (5years & counting)since Faith's last c.d. All I can say is that it was well worth the wait. I went to the local Wal-Mart on lunch today to pick it up, and couldn't stop smiling the whole way back to work. Faith is back and better than ever. Her voice is great, and to me sounds even more mature, and solid. So glad she's back, and I love the range of music from laid back to hype party music, and from ballads to concious songs, she covers it all. Gotta love her!

The Something about Faith intro, sets the tone for this cd, and just gets you excited for what's to come.

I Still is classic Faith, (the girl sounds good) and I love the theme! In a day and time when people are breaking up over the smallest things, it's good to know that love can last when you put in the work (Big up Faye & Todd)(This is one of the stronger songs on the c.d and has potential to be the next single, I hope it is!)

Way you move, I loved from the first time I heard it. Snoop is so smooth, and this is such a feel good song. It's very simple and has a throwback feel to it, love it!

Real Things lyrically is very impressive, however I had a hard time catching the rythym so I could truly appreciate the lyrics. I do like the song, just wish the beat was a little more cohesive with her lyrics. The more you listen to it, the more it grows on you.

Worth it is Faith's spin on the classic, my man ain't doing me right type song, but it's actually enjoyable because of her vocal capability. You'll be singing right along with her, the hook is just infectious,I like it a lot!

Gone Alredy was a great choice for her first single. While it is really radio friendly, her voice is just awesome, and if you've ever been in that type of situation you feel it even more. Her voice just gets stronger throught the song. Perfection!

Party featuring Redman is an upbeat number, it sounds a little dated. It's definitely a party song, but not one of my favorites on the c.d.

Right Here, is just plain sexy, classic Faith puts you in the mind of some slower ballads of hers (Catching Feelings, Reasons). Really nice!

Your Lover is nice, the beat is really funky too,(if you can get over all of the clapping in the background), love the intro, and I love her style of singing here, where she's really matching her vocals with the jazzy style of the song.I picture her in a beautiful dress singing in front of a big gand, Dinah Washington syle.I really like the song it's cute and really fun.

Can't Stay away is another one for the radio. I really like Keyshia's take on the song, as she's singing a little higher (note wise) than Faith. Faith really takes a laid back vocal approach to the song. I like this song, even though I thought it would be more trading vocals between the two. This song also has potential to be a single,the beat is super hot, and the addition of Keyshia will pull in a new generation of listeners.

Sunshine is another upbeat song. Made me smile :)Faith always has to have an upbeat song e.g (Love like this, You used to love me) so this is one of them, while it's simple it's very catcy. I like!

Everday Struggle Feat Raekwon is good. It samples her former husband(Notorious Big. This song starts the more concious side of this c.d. It's real laid back,and reminds you to not take life for granted.

The love in me is for all of the faithfuls out there explaining just why we love her so much. Love it! The music at times reminds me of Billie Holiday .

Change is just a reminder that we all can make a difference. Very good job for the message, but production was very simple, (maybe too simple):(. It sounds like it would be used for a disaster situation (911, Haiti, etc). I don't listen to it every time. :(

Troubled World, has been out all over the web for awhile. I like the additions of Kelly Price, and Jessica Reedy (who is absolutely fab, just listen to the low notes she hits on the very first line!), and I love how it builds to the end. Another stellar performance vocally. All I can say is wow!

The Bonus Ballad Baby Lay is another sexy song. I really feel her on this one! She's simply telling her man relax, baby I got this! Love it, and her too!

I'm actually really happy with this outing! I am hopeful that a strong 2nd single will really push this project in the right direction. Love you Faith!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 5, 2010
It's been far too long. When an artist waits five years between releases one begins to wonder whether or not they'll be able to recapture the acclaim they once enjoyed in the past. More importantly listeners still wonder if their artist still has 'it'. It can be said that without a doubt Faith Evans still has that 'it' factor. She has that unique quality to her voice. That 'something'. And in the context of today's true and pure R&B singers, vocally Faith Evans is a wonder woman.

The album opens in fine style with the first proper song "I Still". A nice mid-tempo r&b song, Faith's vocals and melismatic runs prove that my statement about her being a vocal wonder woman is not at all hyperbolic. Faith continues with the next song "Way You Move" ft. Snoop. The first release of this song on iTunes felt like a demo, but with the album version extended with her ad-libs it now feels like a full song. The next song "Real Things" can be a little jarring at first listen, but it does establish its groove and Faith is in fine voice throughout. One of the best tracks on the album is "Worth It". Backed by the production of long-time collaborator Chucky Thompson, Faith vocally slays a soon to be ex-romantic interest. It, along with "I Still" should be strong contenders for a follow up single release to the current single "Gone Already". It's easy to see why Faith chose this as the first single and quickly killed the release of "Way You Move" as the first single. Produced by Carvin & Ivan, Faith delivers some of her strongest vocals on this track.

While there is much to savor on this album, there is also plenty of filler. The first such filler track is her collaboration with Redman on "Party". It never seems to come together and seems somewhat out of place with the rest of the album. It seems rather rushed, poorly produced and Redman adds absolutely nothing to the track. Not as awkward as "Party" is Evans' collaboration with Keyshia Cole on "Can't Stay Away". Their vocals don't seem to mesh well at all on this clichéd r&b song. Faith does most of the heavy lifting (all the while trying to tone it down for the lesser vocally gifted Cole), while Keyshia resorts to basically screaming to match Faith's vocal. Equally vexing is "Everyday Struggle" with Raekwon. This is actually a great track and Faith does not falter on the song. It's Raekwon's cursing throughout the track that is really cloying and muddles the message of the song.

The album then peaks once again with "The Love in Me", "Change" (though Mary Mary seem to have been reduced basically to background vocals from what I can discern) and both versions of "Troubled World" also impress. And upon listening to Part II of "Your Lover" it makes the first part seem like an unnecessary addition. Part II should have been extended to be a full album track. It can be found however on the Best Buy version of the cd with another hidden gem, "Robot". I was truly impressed with the creativity of "Robot". And yes, Faith does use autotune on this song, but she still delivers an impressive vocal on a track that thinks completely outside of the box.

In all, Faith Evans gave us much on this album. Though at times she does sacrifice quality for quantity, I don't feel at all disappointed. Save for perhaps Kelly Price, Faith proves herself to be a peerless true r&b/soul singer. That 'Something' that she alludes to in her album title is an actual voice. And THAT is the one thing that none of these other dime-a-dozen r&b singers claim.
on October 5, 2010
The wait was definitely worth it. I've been a fan of Faith since I seen Notorious with my mom and did research on her. She's one of my top 5 favorite artists of all time with her sweet, silky, high voice. She didn't disappoint us on this album. She has a lot of killer tracks that are reminiscent of the 90's we all love and miss.

1. Something About Faith - A good intro for an album. Should have been made into a full song. 8/10
2. I Still - A great mid-tempo song that makes you want to dance with your partner or just kick back and listen. 9.5/10
3. Way You Move - At first I didn't really like this song, but it grew on me. I heard the radio version of this song so it probably affected my opinion of this song. But the extended version is better. 8/10
4. Real Things - It's a grower and you'll find yourself humming the chorus. 8/10
5. Worth It - A throwback to the 90's Faith with her "Love Like This" jam in '98. It's one of my favorite tracks on this album. 10/10
6. Gone Already - I didn't really care for this at first, but it's grown on me. It's a little bit update with the music so you may find it to be "mainstream", but it's an overall good song. 8/10
7. Party - Now this is a track that should be played in clubs and at parties. It pretty much brings you back to the 90's. Redman always makes funky beats so I wasn't surprised to find this song to be a banger. Another favorite of mine 10/10
8. Right Here - A beautiful melody that sounds like "Brand New Man" from Faithfully. 9/10
9. Your Lover - I play this over and over in my head. I especially like the spoken verse at the end of the song and wish it could have been longer. It actually reminds me of Teena Marie's Portuguese Lover. 10/10
10. Can't Stay Away - It's okay, but not the best. Another "mainstream" song. 5/10
11. Sunshine - A really happy song that just makes you wanna go out riding. 10/10
12. Everyday Struggle - Knew what the song would sound like before even listening to it. I just knew it would have that sample from Biggie's '94 album "Ready To Die" 9/10
13. The Love In Me - Sounds like "Keep The Faith" from her '98 album which was my favorite track on it. 8/10
14. Change - I don't really listen to this much, but I like the song. 7/10
15. Troubled World - I don't really listen to this either, but I love the message of the song. It's beautiful and it's one of those songs you listen to whenever you feel like it.
16. Baby Lay - Yes! A throwback to "All My Love" from Faith. 10/10

Top 5
1. Your Lover
2. Baby Lay
3. Worth It
4. Party
5. Right Here
on October 5, 2010
I have been waiting on this album for a while now. Faith Evans has truly evolved into, what I will be able to tell my kids one day, a real icon in music 'when I was growing up.' The album features duets with Keyshia Cole on the song "Can't Stay Away," Redman is on the 'end of the work week' electrifying anthem "Party," Kelly Price and Raekwon also make an appearance on the album. Faith Evans, there is truly something special about her music, her voice, her soul, and her survival over many obstacles that came her way. I give this album 5 stars because it is REAL R & B. AND REAL R & B is back this year. We have Monica, Toni Braxton, Usher, Jazmine Sullivan, Fantasia, and many more who have delivered outstanding music this year and there is more to come. Faith Evans falls right in line with this release. Spend the money, support real R & B, I promise you won't regret it because there is "Something About Faith!" AND IT IS SOMETHING GOOD!
on October 8, 2010
After listening to this cd, I realized that Faith is an artist that has sustained through the years! Her voice is amazing here just like it was on her very first album. This album really reminds me a lot of the classic "Faith Evans" cd from 1995. Faith mentioned that this album was done over a year with a "dollar and a dream" in her thank you's and it shows. It's pure talent! Her song writing and her voice own these tracks from some producers that aren't illustriuous in the game. But she went back to Chucky Thompson who masterminded so many 1990's hits and also Mike City who produced the "Full Moon" track by Brandy. Even songs like "Baby Lay",that seem like interludes are so hotttt. That's actually my favorite along with the lyrically inspiring "Worth It", about a guy who ain't worth it and will never change. Thsi is also the first cd in a while that I have listened to completely from start to finish while in my living room reading the credits. You can't go wrong with this cd. It's very good.
on October 5, 2010
It's been 15 years since Faith stepped on the scene with her debut album "Faith". The music industry was, at the point, endowed with the sweet yet sultry voice of Faith Renee Evans. Fifteen years later, is that voice still there - it's there and even better!

"Something About Faith", the sixth studio album from Faith, starts off with the soulful "Something About Faith Intro." It puts you in the mood that says "Sit back, relax, and let me do what I do best." And you can't help but to melt from Faith's range and riffs she displays effortlessly.

"I Still" is that track were you grab your long time lover and embrace and celebrate the longevity love can endure. The lyrics craftily explain that the simple thing in the relationship keeps things strong.

"Something About Faith" moves you through a range off grooves. "Way U Move" gives you that grown and sexy vibe. "Real Things" has you yelling out to Faith for mercy as she gracefully slays you with her Ad-Libs. Then you get right into the infectious "Worth It" as you sit back and embark into some serious head-nodding action.

The lead single "Gone Already" sounds oddly placed to me on this album. It's a great ballad but it seems like Faith picked this one up because it was "Radio friendly." Besides that, the lyrics are very emotional and Faith carries the song well. After you go through the emotions, you can't help but to get up, brush it off and "Party" with Faith and Redman, produced by Mike City. Simply, forget about the world and hit the dance floor and let the beat take you.

Then Faith slows you down and sexes you up with the smoldering "Right Here". On the second verse, Faith breaks it down and speaks so sexy through the speakers, provoking you to pick up the phone and call that special someone to come over ("Come Over" 2010). And after they have arrived and you two have explored "Right Here" together, you can kick back and relax to the tropical sounds of "Your Lover." Faith later on gives us a part two to "Your Lover" which has an 80's sexy vibe, both produced by longtime producer Chucky Thompson.

Keyshia Cole drops in and lends her vocals to the bass heavy "Can't Stay Away," which you can definitely hear in the club and will have you in the head-nod mode again. "Sunshine" gives you that up-beat, in the mall shopping, type of feeling. But don't sleep on "Sunshine;" this is another song where Faith shines vocally.

Moving into the ode to hip hop joint "Everyday Struggle" featuring Wu-Tang Clan member Raekwon. I like this song a lot because of its contrast to her late husband, The Notourious B.I.G. (who also sampled the beat) version of "Everyday Struggle," where he boasted not wanting to live anymore and Faith's version is rather uplifting. "Everyday Struggle" uplifted me and encouraged me to change my way of thinking about certain situations.

"The Love in Me" also gives you that real urban/hip-hop feel. This song would have been dope with a verse from Nas. The track was produced by ever popular Salaam Remi. This song definitely grew on me and I use it as an Appreciation anthem from Faith to her die-hard fans.

Faith moves us deeper into a more inspirational/gospel feel with the message heavy "Change." I can imagine hearing Ledisi all over this track, yet Faith stands alone this track and holds it down. The track "Troubled World," which features Kelly Price and BET's Sunday's Best contestant Jessica Reedy, is another message track that allows all three women to sing with so much heart and soul. The bluesy track is sure to be a favorite to Faith core fans, as the song has floated around for years as an unreleased track. Faith has finally given "Troubled World" a well placed home.

Overall, Faith Evans has given her fans and the world a very solid piece of artistry. It is an perfect addition to the R&B world that seems to be getting back to its proper sound. Faith represents for all the real deal singers - the singers that aren't afraid to showcase their God given gift. Thank you to Faith for coming back to the game and giving reasons to love her more!
on October 13, 2010
The classic Faith Evans debut was the very first CD I ever purchased, since then she has evolved to become a truly great artist. In my opinion, no one can match her singing and that is showcased in her latest CD, Something About Faith. This was a highly anticipated offering and well worth the wait. I was very impressed to find that Faith not only co-wrote, but also co-produced all tracks.

Both Mike City and Keyshia Cole are fine talents, but their participation in this project could be considered almost useless when sized up against the rest of the album. I find myself skipping those 3 songs at times, but all that aside, this is another one of Faith Evans' prized works. I have come to the conclusion that she is the premiere vocalist of her era, there is absolutely no comparison.
on October 15, 2010
If you like Faith's past albums then you will LOVE this one. From the start I fell in love with many of the songs and I am glad to see her back. This buy was worth every penny I spent and I hope she gets the credit that she is due.
on October 15, 2010
This album is solid overall. The lyrics are thoughtful, the arrangements are flawless and Faith's voice is beautiful as ever. Vocally I think she could have "sang" more...I miss hearing her riffs and her singing out on her songs but the vocals are overall satisfying. The lyrics are solid, which is something that is definitely missing in today's music. The music accompanying the songs could be much better though. I think us Faith fans have been spoiled by her first 3 albums which were very "beat" heavy, which was a signature Bad Boy sound, but I have to say the uptempo songs on this album sound VERY dated music wise and really don't do Faith's voice or the guests rappers any favors. (Examples are "Way You Move" and "Party"). Standout tracks for me are "Something About Faith", "Real Things", "Baby Lay" and "Right Here". I am kinda disappointed in the Faith and Keyshia Cole collabo--I really expected more out of the two in terms of vocals--the song seems like it was really watered down and I thought "Change" could have been more vocally convincing, since it is such a powerful song. I rank this album 3.5-4 stars because seems like Faith is holding back vocally a bit on this album but gave her fan base her signature sound-lyrics and strong vocal arrangements.
on May 10, 2011
I had to rush to Wal-Mart and pick up the latest Faith CD. Her voice is captivating and exceptional and it comes to no surprise that I got my monies worth. Evans vocals are much more mature than some competition this quarter with the likes of Jazmine Sullivan and Rihanna. The delivery on "Way You Move" helps Evans retain her title as an R+B/Soul Diva. Just like fellow songstress Kelly Price, not many female singers are in the same league as Faith Evans from a vocal standpoint. After listening to "Real Things", it is clear to say that being once called The First Lady of Bad Boy was well deserved. There will never ever be another female emphasis like Faith to embrace the music scene. The lyrical context and storytelling within this album is so stimulating. Redman could have been scratched from the duet with Faith on the track "Party", he was useless and just a filler feature. The song "Sunshine" proves that a catchy tune can enhance an already high class album. "Something about Faith" is her best work to date for which I highly recommend and appraise. (Something about Faith) displays itself as a Grammy qualified release.