Tanner '88 1 Season 1988
Amazon Instant Video
1. The Dark Horse Congressman Jack Tanner prepares for the New Hampshire primary.
2. For Real Tanner's presidential campaign gains momentum with a new television commercial and publicity from an assassination attempt.
3. The Night of the Twinkies Tanner seeks the African American vote.
4. Moonwalker and Bookbag Tanner and his daughter acclimate to the presence of their new Secret Service security.
5. Bagels with Bruce At odds with the rest of Tanner's campaign, media manager Stringer weighs his options.
6. Child's Play Tanner makes a number of appearances and gets image tips from an ex-member of the Dukakis campaign.
7. The Great Escape Tanner's comments on drugs invite controversy.
8. The Girlfriend Factor The campaign becomes hostile to the reporter who broke the story on Tanner's romantic life.
9. Something Borrowed, Something New Tanner and Joanna's wedding plans go awry.
10. The Boiler Room Reeling from their respective losses at the Democratic National Convention, the Tanner and Jackson campaigns make their last-ditch plays.
11. The Reality Check Having lost the Democratic nomination, Tanner ponders running as a third candidate.
|Starring||Michael Murphy, Pamela Reed|
|Supporting actors||Cynthia Nixon, Daniel Jenkins, Jim Fyfe, Matt Malloy, Ilana Levine, Veronica Cartwright, Richard Cox, Wendy Crewson, Greg Procaccino, Sandra Bowie, James Cowan, E.G. Marshall, Frank Barhydt, Rick Hudson, Dorothy Hutton, Laurie V. Logan, William Moore, Ruth Allen Palmer|
|Network||The Criterion Collection|
|Producers||Robert Altman, Zennia M. Barahona, Frank Barhydt, Scott Bushnell, Mark Jaffee, Matthew Seig, Garry Trudeau|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
Shot on video as opposed to film, the 1988 television mini-series TANNER EIGHTY-EIGHT has a T.V. soap-opera feel as it tells the story of fictional candidate Jack Tanner, who seeks... Read morePublished 1 month ago by J. L LaRegina
This has that Altman mix; often brilliant, and occasionally over the-top,
and self conscious. The acting is generally good, but a little uneven. Read more
But not me. I agree with Jim. 353 minutes of politics is too much for me. This HBO special is for the political junkie only.Published on May 6, 2010 by Zarathustra
A remnent of the days of George H (!) W Bush, Ronnie (cut down trees to save the enviroment) Reagan, and Michael "As the son of Greek Immigrants" Dukakis, it is a funny and... Read morePublished on October 25, 2009 by Eugene McGoverm
This is a show written by Doonesbury writer Gary Trudeau and directed by filmmaker Robert Altman. That is a pretty good team, isn't it? Read morePublished on June 16, 2009 by Jim
The concept is clever but the characters are one dimensional and, well, caricatures. Satire is important but anyone who'd even consider watching this is already too politically... Read morePublished on July 21, 2008 by Laboratory