Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$7.99

on October 28, 2012
Not gonna right a lengthy review as if I'm a critic, cause I'm not. All that is needed to say this, if you can listen to these songs and not feel some kind of emotional attachment to them, if you don't get chills and think of days passed, and if you don't feel inspired to work even harder to accomplish what your trying to do, you haven't lived!

Absolutely love this band and can't wait to hear more from them! Mark has an awesome talent of capturing an emotion and putting it into words and music that drive it right into your heart!
on November 1, 2011
LOVE this CD, can't stop listening to it... at home, in the car. I came across it while browsing here on Amazon. Really, really glad I made the purchase. As others have already said, some explicit lyrics on only a couple of the songs (which kinda makes them great). Though I hear slight hints of other bands within this album, they've managed a sound that is completely their own. Outstanding writing, engaging sound. Nothing I skip here, but my faves would have to be: Bullet In My Hand, Built To Last, Something For the Pain... and I totally dig the modern twist they put on Neil Young's "Old Man". All good, seriously. I've got Redlight King under my skin.
on January 23, 2013
I've seen reviews that say the hit singles (Comeback, Bullet in my Hand, etc) are the only songs worth buying, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Drivin to Kalifornia, City Life, Old Man, When the Dust Settles Down and of course the title track all have lyrics that Redlight King deliver in excellent fashion.

You'll get some great rock in a variety and won't be disappointed!
on December 20, 2012
This probably one of the most refreshing collection of music to come out in a long time. I bought it for Bullet in My Hand. Imagine my suprise when the entire bunch of music was just as awesome. How often does that happen, that you like every song on the album? The lyrics are meaningful and the music is riveting. All in all a fabulous blend to entertain and enjoy!
on March 1, 2016
A different sounding album than Irons In The Fire and one that I had to listen to a few times but now that I have I like it better and better every time I hear it and it seems to always be at the top of the pile right by the CD player. This is one talented Canadian!
on January 11, 2012
I heard bullet in my hand on a rock radio station and decided to buy the album. It was way different than what I was expecting, I thought it was going to be hard rock. I am so glad that it is different, I think it is the best album I have bought in years. I bought it a couple of weeks ago and have listened everyday sometimes a few times a day. I am already wanting them to come out with a new album! I dont know how to explain the genera, but it is different in a good way.
on November 6, 2011
This album surprised me with its ability to keep giving. I find myself going back to this album over and over. I sent the youtube link "little darling" to a friend and she thought of it as a present. The song captured where she is right now and gave her hope. The album is personal, the lyrics ring with truth. The music and lyrics just grab you and make you think. If you listen to Kings of leon, James Blunt,Blue October, Three doors down etc then I believe this album will fit into your collection perfectly.
on October 3, 2012
Like most hard rock, it depends on your taste as to whether or not you will like an album. I like to set a baseline by listing some contemporary bands that are closest to what I like and what this album is like.
What I like...
Heavy side: Five Finger Death Punch, Trivium, Stone Sour
Soft side: Black Stone Cherry, Pop Evil, Aranda
What I hate...
Metro-Rock: Evans Blue, Incubus, Falling in Reverse, Escape the Fate - any band that jams, then when the lyrics start, power cords end and the singer decides to wine like a little b!tch
Too-Hard: Anything where you can't understand any of the lyrics

Redlight King is one of my favorite new bands. I first saw him at Rock on the Range 2012 in Columbus (this is a must-go concert for rock fans by the way), and he really killed it. One word of caution: he sounds almost completely different in concert than on the radio/on his album. His voice in concert is better; he has a cadance to his voice live that isn't captured on the album. The only other singer I can compare him to indirectly is Roger Waters; not because they sound alike, but because Water is the only other crooner I can think of that uses his voice as another instrument. RLK's voice sounds like a coconut - weird but that's the only way I can put it. I also loved the fact that he parties, but doesn't take any shite. His guitar player tried the "how's everybody doing Columbus!??!", and RLK stared at him with a look that said, "hey guitar-guy, your role is to play guitar - you can be replaced - don't try to talk to MY fans." I saw him again at Uproar in Tampa, FL this past September, and in just four short months since ROTR, he had improved drastically. I will predict that RLK will be a headlining act by next summer.

On to the album, you have to like good old rock and roll. This isn't hard rock, but it's not metro-rock either. If you like Aranda, Pop Evil and Black Stone Cherry, you will like RLK. I don't think any of those bands are alike, but they are all similar in that they just play rock-and-roll. They don't try to sound like someone else or another band that is mainstream. RLK's style is more of a grunge-era - just a nice middle-of-the-road, easy-to-listen-to rock. The songs are on the slower side, so if you must have up-tempo music, this isn't for you.
on August 15, 2013
This is one of those times when a free download leads to a love affair with a new band. I listen to this album all the time, from start to finish, mainly because it's eclectic and every song has a message. Yeah, sometimes a message isn't necessary to enjoy a good song, but I appreciate the soul in each of these. Next CD is on pre-order and I can't wait.
on September 11, 2012
I thought I would take a chance and try this album and I am very glad I did.
it reminds me a little of Lincoln Park, but it is not a copycat act. Good songs, great melody, refreshingly different.