5.0 out of 5 stars Munro at the top of her game
Published on November 28, 2006 by Steven W. Mccornack

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for us
Our book club just read Alice Munro because of the interest brought about by her award. We had never heard of her. However I was shocked when no one really cared for her writing or this book of short stories we picked. We usually don't all agree but in this case her writing just left us cold.
Published 8 months ago by Nancy Jane

5.0 out of 5 stars Munro at the top of her game, November 28, 2006
This review is from: Something I've Been Meaning to Tell You: 13 Stories (Paperback)
Why has this woman never won the Booker prize? These short stories are as wonderful as any by Atwood, McEwan, or Chekhov. I finished each of these stories and wondered why the title of that story wasn't selected for the title of this collection. I must warn you, you will keep right on reading "just one more" until that sinking realization that you just read the last one makes you jump up to log on to Amazon and order another Munro title!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best!, March 29, 2013
I just discovered Alice Munroe about 6 months ago and now I read everything I can get my hands on! She is the master of the short story. These stories really stay with you long after reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Munro is one of the best of our contemporary writers, June 28, 2013
Probably like you, I read - a lot. There is no doubt that Alice Munro is one of our best contemporary writers. I recently spent six weeks confined to a wheel chair. I re-read several of the Munro books and thought that I enjoyed them far more on the second reading than the first. That is always what is said about "the classics". The really great writers seem to get better with every re-reading. I hope that I can live long enough to re-read Munro's books for the third and fourth and fifth time. She is a very gifted writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Munro never fails to please, September 20, 2010
As usual, Munro's writing creates worlds inside of worlds through the use of the simple, every day encounters and objects we all have.

5.0 out of 5 stars extraordinary, September 5, 2013
Interesting style, impeccable, stories that won't let you breath till you finish them, and won't let you down. Unexpected endings. All in all, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars First time reading this author! Highly recommended!, September 9, 2013
Something about Ms. Munro's writing style reminds me of Angela's Ashes. The realistic portrayal of believable characters doing things that we all have done at one time or another; the vivid mental images drawn by her words; the interaction between characters and surprising, yet not so surprising, places that their decisions lead them to. Excellent, thought-provoking literature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alice Munro loves her characters, June 22, 2013
Her stories are often simple events cut out from everyday life. Her power of portrayal of the character's inner life is amazing. She knows how to descibe contradictory feelings and how those feelings affects people's behavior and choices in life. She never condemns anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for us, November 25, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars any adult reader will appreciate this book, December 11, 2013
JK II (New England, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this because the author was awarded Nobel Prize in literature--well-deserved! Elegant writing, fascinating stories by a discerning woman.

4.0 out of 5 stars Startlingly loaded, and apt, November 30, 2013
SO clear why she won the Nobel Prize in 2013! These packed stories--usually only about 20 pages--dramatize real personal differences. It was fun discussing them with the women in our reading-group.

Something I've Been Meaning to Tell You: 13 Stories
Something I've Been Meaning to Tell You: 13 Stories by Alice Munro (Paperback - October 12, 2004)
$15.95 $12.58