Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 6, 2011 9:26:07 PM PST
Hi,
Im having trouble finding good books to read, a two year long period :/ My favorite series are: AGATB, Poison Study and the book A Certain Slant of Light. While the main characters in the books were young the author made them reasonable and lately all I've been reading are books about some teenage girl who makes all the wrong choices for some new guy she fell in love with...basically copies of Twilight (although I enjoyed the twilight series, I hate re-reading it with new names). I would like to read a book with and original plot and a strong main character who doesn't want to be a boy (like when an author write about how the girl cuts her hair, such as in Graveling or what ever that book was, isn't apposed to falling in love, but has something bigger going on like ruling a new world or escaping something alive like in Hunger games. Sorry I'm picky but all these exact duplicates have been getting on my nerves, it seems like the YA section went to 6 years olds writing about there first crush and how they want to play in mud instead of tea parties haha, what happened to books like The Uglies? so any suggestions?

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 8:14:19 PM PDT
Lostgirl says:
Hmmm..... You might check out some of these:
The Book Thiefby Marcus Zusak
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
TheWicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely (Quality))series by Melissa Marr
Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters Trilogy, Book I)series by Michelle Zink (I felt like they were trying too hard to copy AGATB but you might like them...)
Crown Duel (Crown Duel / Court Duel)by Sherwood Smith
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jan 6, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 10, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions