Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Somewhere In Time [Enhanced]
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 17, 2015
I really enjoyed this cd. Bit different with the synths being used. But still a good cd.
on May 21, 2001
Without a doubt ...this is the best Heavy Metal CD of all time...nuff said
on October 2, 2014
My Personal favorite Album of Iron Maiden, had to have the Picture disc!
on March 23, 2005
I bought this really soon after I got hooked on a burnt copy of powerslave, I didnt really know what to expect but I was pretty damn surprised at the synthwork, this album defenitely marks a high point in the musicianship aspect of maiden, even though they were never sloppy before.

Alot of the percussion has more double bass than what youre used to hearing from nicko (not a bad thing at all) and the bass is just as melodic and pounding as before, and they are all just kicking ass througout... but the production seems a little more distant and sometimes the guitars get buried under it which means that alot of the melodies are not as clean and clear as they should be but the risky move pays off because the synths add alot to the songs... even though they defenitely comes off a little too strongly once in a while.

There are a few songs on this album that are catchy (heaven can wait, stranger in a strange land, wasted years) but dont really have the substance of the others...The songs caught somewhere in time, and the lonilness of the long distance runner have some of Iron maidens most elegant melodies... and theyre also heavier than most of what theyve done up to this point in the classic era. Sea of madness also has a really awesome chorus... and alexander the great is pretty good, even though there is sort of a noodling section in it that doesnt mesh well with the song.

I think the good songs on this album, are defenitely worth the price (actually the best songs on somewhere in time would give anything on piece of mind or powerslave a run for their money) but there are also alot of other sections where it gets repetetive, and the songs all tend to blur into each other... there is a pretty well defined prog thing going on here too, and a few of the songs lose momentum because there are some relentlessly mean solos that unfortunately drag on a bit, but the guys always pull the songs back into perspective just before youre ready to get frustrated or bored.

If you were to just buy this album,having never heard any other Iron maiden albums, it would stand pretty high on its own, but Id probably get any one of the other three "classic dickinson" maiden albums first... even though some of my favorite iron maiden songs are on this album.
on November 29, 2009
I remember buying this album on the first day of release, how excited was I!....Great memories. The first real cracks in the maiden armor was on this album. This is when bruce started singing out of key, which is not good when you can't even sing in key on the studio records. Still a pretty good album.
on December 9, 2014
Classic British heavy metal. Maiden are the Kings of NWOBHM!
on August 15, 2014
One of their best. It arrived speedily and without cracks!
on October 28, 2012
Caught Somewhere in Time was one of my most listened to songs way back. That along with the two hits and Loneliness and one more made the album for me. Alexander was never of interest to me. But as whole the album seems uninteresting now.

There is only one song that for me holds the same magic it had in the old days - Deja vu! Now this is a glorious song.
on February 1, 2009
This is a WARNING to anyone that is about to buy this specific version of Somewhere in Time cd. It is NOT a remastered cd! This issue came from 1998. When I bought mine 3 years ago, it was advertised as "ENHANCED" [DIGITALLY REMASTERED]. This is a total lie and a waste of money. The CD you want was produced in 2002. I bought three other "enhanced" Iron Maiden cd's and I got scammed on those as well. The packaging on the 1998 and 2002 are identical. Make sure you buy the 2002. Maiden pisses me off for putting out way too many repeat cd's of the same material. They use distorted lawyer words like "enhanced" and make different song compilation cd's. It has gotten ridiculous. FYI "enhanced" means a couple of videos added... Read the cd case and it mentions you should have Windows 98!!!
on November 29, 2014
I am a biased fan-I cannot give an objective review.