5.0 out of 5 stars Beuatiful TV stand
I recently got a 46 lcd tv and needed a stand that was both strong and had a high utility value.

The major + for the stand is

1. It has space for 5 boxes (as in DVR, DVD Player, Gaming Console, Home Theater Receiver) and 4 of these are covered by glass preventing build up of dust and also allowing remote access.

2. Its pretty solid and can...
Published on February 7, 2011 by VJ

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK product. Not too fancy
I have an 80 inch TV which is about 120 lbs and I needed something that can withstand the weight. This stand is strong enough, however, I wish the back side was "cables friendly". It comes with a cardboard for the back side that has no holes for cables, so if you have lot of devices, it will get really hot. I never installed the backboard and now all the cables...
Published 9 months ago by K. S. Basutkar

5.0 out of 5 stars Beuatiful TV stand, February 7, 2011
VJ (California,USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sonax BX-6010 Bromley 60-Inch Midnight Black TV/Component Bench (Electronics)

The major + for the stand is

2. Its pretty solid and can with stand a good heavy TV.

3. It has a draw to store extra cables and CD/DVDs and that clutter is not visible on the outside.

4. Easy to assemble. Dont need any fancy tools.

The negatives.

1. The whole thing is very heavy. Close to 100 lbs. So moving the package around and unpacking can be quite a task. Make sure you assemble this quite close to where you want it placed.

2. It takes about 3-4 hours to put it together.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality item, a couple of minor drawbacks, December 18, 2011
Overall this is a very high quality piece of furniture. Heavy, solid weight; more than capable of supporting my 60-inch plasma TV.

Before purchasing, I read the other reviews which said this was a nightmare to assemble. I'm not sure what those people were talking about. I put it together by myself in about 90 minutes and didn't have any problems. The instructions were not quite up to Ikea-esque standards, but overall they were very understandable. Anyone who needs 4+ hours to put this together must have some serious learning disability.

I am deducting one star for the following reason: The design of the back panel is poor, because it allow little to no ventilization to the shelves that hold the A/V equipment. A sealed design like this will trap in heat and absolutely fry any device that has a hard drive, such as a TiVo or Playstation 3, or an amplifier. My PS3 started overheating within the first hour and I had to remove the back panel from the cabinet to allow proper ventilation. Removing the panel leaves the wires in the back visible and detracts somewhat from the aesthetic appeal of the shelf. If you use the shelves for your A/V equipment, I storngly recommend taking off the back panel, or you will cook your expensive equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as advertised, August 1, 2011
Very well constructed piece of furniture. The materials are high quality and it looks great when put together. It took a little over an hour to put together and that's mainly due to the lack of labeling on the parts of the unit. The instructions were very Ikea-esque and sometimes it made it difficult to know which panel they were referring. You had to be careful to make sure you knew which part of the unit you were constructing so you could place the pieces accordingly so you didn't have the particle wood showing. There is a back for the unit, but there are no cutouts for cords so we just left it off since it was going to be against a wall. The wood is extremely good looking wood and the color is great. We got this unit because we needed a unit short enough that we could place our center speaker on and not block the TV. The height on this was absolutely perfect. The box is very heavy, as the pieces inside are very high quality, so you might need an extra hand to help you get the box moved. Once put together, the unit isn't all that heavy, but you will definitely need two people to move it around. Overall, great product, a little iffy on the instructions, but take your time and in no time, you will have a great looking entertainment center.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty nice for the money, January 12, 2012
Unit was quite heavy and took about 2 hours to assemble. I suggest taking the time to lay out all the pieces first and then assembling. I left the back off to allow airflow since there are no holes in it but you can't see it anyway. Overall a pretty solid, nice product. Very Ikea-ish in its assembly. I was looking for something good but not willing to pay big $$$ and found it. Obviously its not a super expensive piece of furniture but it does not look cheap either. 4 of 5 stars :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product,time-consuming to assemble,but doable by 1 person.LOVE IT., March 21, 2012
Update: After over a year, I moved and to my great relief this piece of furniture survived the move.I was seriously worried it would fall apart but after the movers rapped..oops..wrapped it up in plastic packaging, it arrived in its new home in one piece. YAY!! After over a year, I am still very happy with the style and quality of the entertainment center. my 55 inch TV has been sitting on it for over a year and it has not bent under the weight or anything.

-----------------
First off I want to thank other reviewers for pointing out the heat dispersing problem & user uploaded pics(thanks Joann). (I,therefore, didn't bother attaching the back panel.) The reviews made me believe that this would be a good product to buy, so I purchased it.

Got it yesterday(Fedex delivered to my 2nd floor apartment) and it took me about 5 hours last night to put it together. I know 5 hours sound terribly long, but I am a female and very petite.I never assembled any furniture prior to moving into an apartment this month so I am not that experienced or adept at such things at all. Just getting the pieces out of the packaging was a bit of a challenge cuz the packaging is sealed so seamlessly(lol) and it's so heavy. Also, I made a mistake very early on and it took me 30 min to fix it. I'll say that the manufacturer definitely should have labeled the pieces and indicated the front and back. I did some guessing and that's where i made my mistake. Please look at the schematics carefully! Still though, I think any able and intelligent adult should be able to assemble this without too much frustration.

The trickiest part(and most time-consuming) about putting this together by one person is the glass doors. I struggled with holding the moveable pieces and at the same time trying to fit the glass doors in them. Eventually, they went in nicely after I loosened up a couple locking screws that hold the top and the center part together to give the glass doors a bit more vertical space.

I don't know if it's because I did everything right or maybe I got lucky, my assembled product doesn't seem to have any issues with the glass doors. All the pieces fitted together perfectly. The drawer glides easily. The ONLY imperfection is that the top panel came slightly damaged in a very small area in the front.Nothing that couldn't be masked with a black marker. This is just for apartment living so I am not going to nitpick.

Overall, I am very very pleased with the product.It looks awesome!!!!! I love the style and color. My 55 inch new flat panel TV and sound bar sit on top of this TV stand and they all go very well together. I looked online and in store for days before deciding on this one and I think I totally made the right call.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great TV Stand, December 3, 2011
I looked around at many different stores and websites for a good TV stand for a good price. I decided to buy this one. It is a great TV stand. It is sturdy and has plenty of space for the cable box, blu-ray player, movies, game systems, and etcetera.

Putting it together took me a couple of hours mainly because I accidentally did something incorrectly and had to backtrack a little bit. The instructions weren't the greatest, but not too bad. Before I purchased this stand, I saw a review about it being very difficult, but I really didn't think it was when I put it together. It is pretty normal for it to take a while to put together a good do-it-yourself TV stand. If you aren't up for the task of spending some time putting together a TV stand, then you are looking in the wrong place and should go to a furniture store.

I bought this stand for $250. For that price, I am perfectly fine with the material it is made of (I think it is particle board). It is still very sturdy and looks great. There are much worse TV stands with the same material that cost more.

Do not buy this TV stand if you have (or plan to buy) a TV that is larger than 60". I know the description says 48" to 68", but the box said 48" to 60". The stand wouldn't even be wide enough for anything larger anyway. I think a 60" TV is pushing it. It may have been a typo though. I didn't mind because I was buying this for a 50" TV.

My biggest gripe is that the glass doors sometimes pop back open when I try to close them. Sometimes I don't notice and I almost broke one of them. It's not that big of a deal though because if I do lose the glass doors, the TV stand would still look great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good valve - for a low profile T.V. stand, April 27, 2011
The stand is solid, it weights about 90 pounds so it is solid enought for the newer thin flat panel T.V's. I currently have a 46" T.V. on it now, but will be upgrading to a 60" T.V. soon. The instructions are not very detailed, you must follow them step by step and pay attention to the pictures or you will end up reworking the assembly. It helps to have someone help with the assembly of the trim side pieces and the glass doors. The center pull out door is - so - so as far as quality, but how offer we will use this storage cabnet anyway. The main reason I selected this unit was for the design, we wanted a low profile stand, with at least three shelfs, one for the receiver, cable box and DVD player + an area for a center speaker. So this stand has all of those features with the lowest height that I could find. The choices for stands under 20" are limited and this was the best choice looking on line and in several stores over a few months.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, just as described, March 8, 2011
I'm very happy with this TV stand... I bought it for a 55" LCD, and really wanted something with glass cabinets, which was hard to find. I'm a smaller female and was able to put it together by myself, though took most of the afternoon. The directions were probably the worst I've seen for something you have to put together though, the pieces weren't labeled so had to pay close attention to the pictures, and luckily I've put together other types of furniture like this & already knew how the pieces worked. The box is very heavy, as is the table once finished, so if you have steps you will need help. Everything went together nicely, didn't have to fight with anything.... there were a few scratches which I can't really complain about for something that was shipped, just colored them in with perm marker & you can't tell.

I would def recommend this table, looks nice & is very good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stand for 65" Panasonic Plasma, October 30, 2011
R. Savage (Black Hills, SD) - See all my reviews
Works great for our new Panasonic 65" Plasma that weights 130lbs. Unit arrived in good shape, went together easily, best done with two people. Center shelf is too small for center 5.1 speaker. Chose not to install center drawer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid TV stand, September 22, 2011
Did a lot of research before we decided to buy this one. Not too high, wide enough for the 60" Plasma screen and enough places to store components, plus a drawer to store cables and accessories.

I have to agree with some of the reviewers that the instructions leave a bit to be desired. A couple of sentences per drawing with instructions would have made it easier. However, by familiarizing yourself with all the parts (qty and type of part), the wooden panels and the drawings before you start, it is not complicated. Just take your time, collect the parts and study the drawing. Took me about 3 hours while watching TV.
The wood is of good quality. Mostly lacquered MDF, a couple of pieces of particle board (on the bottom, out of sight). All holes are pre-drilled very precisely to right diameter and depth. All pieces fit together very well.
Basically, a well made tv stand. It fits the price I paid for it ($249) very well.

The only reason I subtracted 1 star is because of the drawer. In itself nothing wrong with the parts (wooden front and rear, steel sides and a loose bottom that drops in). However, I can't get the drawer squared. Some part is pushing it 'out-of-square', with the result that the left front of the drawer stands off about 1/8' from the cabinet front. Not a deal breaker, but that could be improved. As it is, the bottom has about 1/8" of play around all sides.I suspect that cutting a new bottom that fits tighter would take care of it. However, that could be easily fixed by the manufacturer also (instead of me).

All in all, we like it very much, and it was money well spent.

ARRAY(0xa36aef54)