4.0 out of 5 stars A Typical String Cheese Studio Album
I saw the band in Oakland on Saturday and they were selling this album ahead of the general release.

This is String Cheese Incidence's sixth studio album. It is about 55 minutes long and the sound quality is very good to excellent.

Published 10 months ago by kireviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good
Not Bad Cheese, I would not call it the best Cheese, but not bad cheese mildly entertaining, good work in making this
Published 8 months ago by James Fri

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A Typical String Cheese Studio Album, April 29, 2014
kireviewer (Sunnyvale, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Song in My Head (Audio CD)

This album is a lot like the first three studio albums. It is a collection of songs from the four song writers in the group. It is roughly an equal mix, but as usual with a little more input from Nershi and less from Moseley. The songs are all played in the String Cheese style, just like the first the three albums. The only difference is that this album may be slightly more polished with a slightly richer sound, similar to how their live concerts have evolved.

Like the first three albums, there are basic songs (nothing like that strange, wonderful suite on Untying the Not) in the different styles of the different band members. Some are very good. Some are an acquired taste.

I was not a fan of the previous studio album, One Step Closer, where I thought the producer, Malcolm Burn, stripped all the life out of the songs. On the "making of" video for that album, the band would play the songs in an interesting manner, then Burn would say that it would be much better when he stripped it down. It made me cringe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid New Album from Legendary SCI, May 2, 2014
This review is from: Song in My Head (Audio CD)
If you like older String Cheese this will be a welcome addition to your album collection. Classic jam and bluegrass tunes with the usual mix of island rhythms, electronica, funk and reggae. Excited to hear them live!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album!, May 10, 2014
This review is from: Song in My Head (Audio CD)
This is an awesome album. My husband and I are huge Jam band lovers, so we love String Cheese. What a way to come back guys! Love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars worth the long wait, April 29, 2014
wildogg (DENHAM SPRINGS, LA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Song in My Head (Audio CD)
Xlent Cheese studio effort. Cheese getting better with age. 4 stars here, cuz I'm waiting for the 5 star extended live versions of these tunes!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, May 4, 2014
This review is from: Song in My Head (Audio CD)
I pre-ordered this CD for $10 which was a great bargain. After receiving it they rebated me 20% which is incredible as after listening to the CD I thought it was worth twice what I paid. SCI always puts a smile on my face and movement in my feet and they do that again with this CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as I expected, June 1, 2014
This review is from: Song in My Head (Vinyl)
The best, string cheese never disappoints! - I always looked for records in the stores but amazon is a good place to find cheese records.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Live Cheese!, July 27, 2014
This review is from: Song in My Head (Audio CD)
This is hands down Cheese's best studio album to date. They took a bunch of fan favorites and took them into the studio and absolutely killed it under the supervision of a great producer (Jerry Harrison, Talking Heads). This album is one of the first where they stayed within the roots in the studio and the album sounds more like them than any other album. Worth it to check it out if you are a fan of cheese or the jam scene.

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a mellow cheese, but still tasty., July 19, 2014
Good mixture of jamming, fun songs, and thoughtful ones. I do recommend the 'deluxe' version for the extra three live cuts. A bit more 'western' and popish than most String Cheese, but very enjoyable still. I'd have liked a bit more jamming, hence get the deluxe, but I find myself listening a lot to this during my work day. Kind of a mellow cheese so to speak, yet still tasty. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD - Perfect driving music, May 31, 2014
This review is from: Song in My Head (Audio CD)
This is simply a great CD. It is hard to pick out any of the songs on it as my favorite as they are all great and serve as a good introduction to the group if you have any of your friends who are not yet SCI fans. I would recommend without reservation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding album!, August 22, 2014
This review is from: Song in My Head (Audio CD)
Great studio album by one of the best live improv groups currently playing. I've grown to love SCI, still appreciate their on-the-fly improvisational ability but this album ratchets things up a level or two. May they continue to grow and prosper!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Song in My Head
Song in My Head by String Cheese Incident (Audio CD - 2014)