Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Song of Ice and Fire 2013 Calendar
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 10, 2012
If you want to go real mainstream, check out the Game of Thrones 2013 Wall Calendar by HBO, which has pictures from the show. Thankfully, however, you have the choice of just getting book art, which I'm a huge fan of. Marc Simonetti is a great artist and I am really in love with these beautiful, subtle paintings. Each month is titled and it also says what book it is from. Here is a breakdown of months:

SPOILERS

January - "Among the Crows" (AGOT): Bran Stark is jumping from building to building
February - "The Kingsmoot" (AFFC): Asha Greyjoy doing her Queensmoot thing
March - "In the House of Dust" (ACOK): Daenerys Targaryen in the House of the Undying
April - "The Three-Eyed Crow" (ADWD): Bran Stark and the Three-Eyed Crow
May - "In the Sorrows" (ADWD)
June - "Atonement" (ADWD): Cersei Lannister's "Walk of Shame." Yikes.
July - "The Bear Pit" (ASOS): My favorite! Jaime Lannister and Brienne Tarth in the bear pit.
August - "Mother and Son" (ADWD): Daenerys Targaryen with Drogon in Daznak's Pit.
September - "Lady Stoneheart" (AFFC): A quite ominous one of "Lady Stoneheart."
October - "A New Face" (ADWD): Arya Stark checking out the different faces in the House of Black and White
November - "The Ghost of Harrenhal" (ACOK): Just a picture of the creepy Harrenhal
December - "Broken Vows" (ASOS)

This is just a simply beautiful calendar and I can't wait for 2013 to hang it up!
on July 26, 2012
I per-ordered this based on the cover image alone (gorgeous!) but I sort of regret buying it...the art work is all top notch, but I think they picked some strange scenes. Do I really want Cersei's "walk of shame" on my wall for an entire month? Probably not. The "Lady Stoneheart" scene is beautiful and ominous, but also features a lot of hanging corpses...again, not sure I'd want this on my wall where other people - especially those not familiar with the series - might see it. Similar feelings about Daenerys in the house of the Undying, and the "Broken Vows" lovers (gorgeous, but provocative).
All and all a really beautiful calendar, but I feel like I need to hide it in a back corner of my house where children and the in-laws won't see it.
on October 16, 2012
The illustrations are beautiful. The calender combines images from the fifth book, Dance with Dragons, with images from the previous four books. Captions are included with each picture to help identify the scene the image was constructed from.
on December 24, 2012
For fans of George R.R. Martin, this calendar is far superior to the poorly conceived 2013 calendar for HBO's "Game of Thrones." The artwork is above average for one thing and covers wider aspects of the Ice and Fire saga. Skip the HBO version which features close ups of the show's stars from the first season. Since season #3 will be shown this spring their calendar is way out of date for the new year.
on December 29, 2012
Illustrated by the awesome Marc Simonetti, this calendar features artwork from ALL of the novels that are currently in print. That is how it should be presented and it works well. The imagery is sharp and focused and thrilling at the same time as he gives us his interpretations of George R R Martin's wonderful world of Westeros and the Seven Kingdoms. A fantastic purchase for all fans of 'A Song of Ice and Fire'!
on January 22, 2013
I expected this calendar to be good, but it turned out to be fantastic! I was blown away by the beauty and detail of the drawings. I highly recommend this for anyone who's read the ASOIAF series. For fans of the TV series who haven't read the books, warning: spoilers! :)
on October 18, 2013
I enjoy this calendar as most GOT fans see it and have no idea what they're looking at. It takes them a few minutes to figure out its from the books and hasn't taken place in the show yet. FUN conversations!
on March 8, 2013
The artwork in this calendar is amaziny beautiful, and spot on. The first time I flipped through it, I didn't even have to look at the titles to know what the painting represented. Also, for people out there that gave this calendar negative reviews for the artwork being too violent or suggestive have obviously never read ASoIaF. Watering down the material wouldn't have been a true depiction.
on December 30, 2012
I chose this rating because it is a very nice calender and I have been waiting to get the version of the game of thrones calender or any game of thrones calender I love that it i9s the art version and I would recomend it to any GOT fan
on February 22, 2013
I love the fact that this calendar incorporates scenes from multiple books, not just those popularized by the TV series. It also offers more of a mind's-eye view... more in-line with what I imagined as I was reading. The artist did a great job!