‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Musically delightful, catchy, spiritually wonderful--a rich treasure to introduce children to Scripture, January 7, 2011
Storylover (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Songs for Saplings: ABC (Audio CD)
This is a wonderful CD, the fourth album by Dana Dirksen (at least 4th as far as I know). Ms. Dirksen is possessed of a pleasant and sweet voice, which she sets to use singing straight scriptures--with their verse identifications--to catchy acoustic tunes. The instrumentation is acoustic, mostly guitar only. She uses short scriptures, some very familiar, some less so, all beautiful, and makes them so memorable even for young children. My kids (4, 5, and 6) all love to listen to her CD's. Ms. Dirksen's previous CD's were questions and answers about the nature of God. These are ABC's--each scripture song is given a title (Apple, Bread, Changed, etc) that refers to its subject. It is a fun way to put scriptures, and I must say that the word of the Lord is always a delight. These songs make it fun for the kids, and they will store the words of Life deep in their memories and hearts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for!, September 16, 2010
This review is from: Songs for Saplings (MP3 Music)
I'd been looking for some good bible verse music for my kids. I really didn't like anything I was finding though, and was discouraged. One day, I saw a link for Songs for Saplings and listened to the sample music - my kids came RUNNING over and starting dancing, asking me to turn it up and play it over and over.
I like it, they like it, it's an awesome reminder throughout our day and I love how my young kids are picking things up, asking questions, etc. They actually started that with just the sample, so I was pretty hooked then.
Sometimes I just pop the cd in and play it through, other times I intersperse the songs on my computer playlist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Music for Kids and Moms & Dads too!, April 3, 2013
This review is from: Songs for Saplings: ABC (Audio CD)
I love ALL the Songs for Saplings music. I get them as gifts for friends and relatives. My daughter, now 3 years old, has been listening to this music since she's been a baby. She loves dancing to the music and I hear her humming the tunes while she plays. I wake up in the morning with these songs in my head, and I'm happy about it. Songs for Saplings: ABC album is nice because these very short songs use a scripture verse for every letter of the alphabet. It's so clever, fun and easy to listen to for the whole family. My husband even likes the music and he has a very discerning ear and usually finds most Christian, and especially children's music annoying. We enjoy dancing to this music as a family. Thank you Dana Dirksen for your music & ministry to young and old(er)!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome way to learn scripture!, February 27, 2013
This review is from: Songs for Saplings (MP3 Music)
I love - love - love - love the fact that the bible reference is part of the song. I grew up with a lot of scripture songs as a kid and I didn't know that the songs were based on scripture until I got older. I remember many times reading the bible and thinking to myself, "Oh wow, that is a song!" I think that this solution of putting the reference in the song makes it a lot more useful as a scripture memory tool. My 19 month old loves the songs and I have already memorized a lot of book/verse references just by having it on for my son because most of the songs are very catchy and fun. Thanks for such a great resource!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun songs, December 21, 2012
This review is from: Songs for Saplings: ABC (Audio CD)
These songs encourage little ones to memorize scripture. With on-line resources you can use this as a Sunday School or homeschooling curriculum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Way to Memorize Scripture - One of My Favorites!, November 21, 2010
IIJuan12 (Sugar Land, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs for Saplings: ABC (Audio CD)
I spend lots of time driving my kids around, so I own many CD's with scripture set to music. This is one of the best! My kids love the music and have learned many verses from the fun songs. The music is well done and isn't irritating for me to listen to (which is frequently not the case with many scripture music CD's). This is definitely worth purchasing!

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!, June 5, 2010
This review is from: Songs for Saplings (MP3 Music)
We are really enjoying this cd! I bought it for my children, but I'm finding it to be a real faith builder for me, too. I like the cheerful, tasteful music and obviously the lyrics are awesome :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, March 3, 2010
This review is from: Songs for Saplings: ABC (Audio CD)
Great music and simple scriptures that are easy for my young children to learn and remember. I love that the scriptures follow the alphabet and holidays. I gave this to my daughter's preschool teacher, who was very excited about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, September 16, 2013
This review is from: Songs for Saplings: ABC (Audio CD)
Rarely do I take time to comment on products, and I have to say that this is such an excellent children's CD! The songs are wonderful: not too overwhelming, catchy, simple, and THANK YOU for not "diluting" the bible verses!! The effect of listening to these with my children has been that I have memorized all the Bible verses by song!! I am so grateful for that. Many thanks and blessings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Catchy and Cute, August 23, 2013
This review is from: Songs for Saplings: ABC (Audio CD)
Love this CD! It's great playing it in the car and singing along with! I would buy it again in a heartbeat! Also, the guitar chords are available in a MS Word doc so you can have the lyrics on hand and the chords!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›